Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quantum Conundrum

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 21, 2012

When the brilliant but eccentric Professor Fitz Quadwrangle accidentally strands himself in an alternate dimension, he gets his young nephew to don a dimension-shifting techno-glove in order to solve puzzles and explore the sprawling halls of Quadwrangle Manor to find a way to rescue him.

Quantum Conundrum Finally Dated for XBLA, PSN

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek

If you have a capable PC, you can already download Portal designer Kim Swift’s latest puzzler, Quantum Conundrum. You’ll have to wait a little bit longer for the console versions, but not much longer.

Square Enix announced today Quantum Conundrum will arrive July 10 on PlayStation Network, and July 11 through Xbox Live Arcade.

No price has been announced for the other platforms, but it’s $15 on PC, so use your imagination!

Also, I’ve embedded the Ryan and Vinny’s Quick Look of the game, which went up today.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By patrickklepek

If you have a capable PC, you can already download Portal designer Kim Swift’s latest puzzler, Quantum Conundrum. You’ll have to wait a little bit longer for the console versions, but not much longer.

Square Enix announced today Quantum Conundrum will arrive July 10 on PlayStation Network, and July 11 through Xbox Live Arcade.

No price has been announced for the other platforms, but it’s $15 on PC, so use your imagination!

Also, I’ve embedded the Ryan and Vinny’s Quick Look of the game, which went up today.

chillwinston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By chillwinston

finally!

edit:

Not for Quantum Conundrum coming out on consoles...just for that sweet, sweet achievement.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Anupsis

Almost!

Cyrisaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cyrisaurus

Hopefully PS+ gets this for free or gets a discount.

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GenghisJohn

quick look has me way less interested

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jozzy
    onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By onan

John de Lancie is certainly a horribly poor excuse for a GlaDOS.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Kierkegaard

Any word on a mac version?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By DeF

dig deeper into Portal

LOL :D

Boopie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Boopie

OK if you have a capable PC and the word PC is linked but it doesn't link to the system requirements it links to some catch-all article about PC's

OK??

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By alternate

@Boopie said:

OK if you have a capable PC and the word PC is linked but it doesn't link to the system requirements it links to some catch-all article about PC's

OK??

You can find the specs on the game's page. Pretty reasonable, a 5 year old gfx card or mid spec laptop should run it.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Winternet

I read "Taylor Swift's next game will . . .". Got oddly excited for a second there.

tandp74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tandp74

Glad this is coming to consoles.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Paindamnation

@Winternet said:

I read "Taylor Swift's next game will . . .". Got oddly excited for a second there.

I don't know if I know you anymore...

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Winternet

@Paindamnation said:

@Winternet said:

I don't know if I know you anymore...

Hey, it was just for a second :)

Chroma_Auron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By Chroma_Auron

This game looks like it will be plenty of fun. It looks about the same quality as Portal. The only flaw i see is that john delancie's voice acting sounds out of place for someone to be an old man pictured on the cover.

RanmaRanma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RanmaRanma

"When there's trouble you call DW."

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By project343

@GenghisJohn: @jozzy: I just finished the game and really enjoyed it. But I'm a big Portal fan. I actually think this is a better first person puzzle-platformer attempt than QUBE. Unlike QUBE, this actually has a narrator who does inject a little personality into the mix, and the change from 'generic research facility' environments also helps a bunch.

I just skimmed the Wot I Think, and nearly every complaint is a valid one, but it's hardly as affecting as the reviewer lets on. The narrator made me chuckle maybe three times throughout the experience, but I think the majority of the humour comes from the environments themselves: looking at the various paintings around the world as he comments on his family history, then watching as those paintings morph in the different dimensions is probably the most memorable thing about the experience. And his commentary on these paintings is the best written and delivered stuff.

The puzzles are all well designed (there's one particular one near the end of the game that probably blows everything in the Portal franchise out of the water in sheer ambition and execution of it's design). But there are a handful of puzzles that rely on gameplay concepts that weren't previously trained to you, and they're easily the most frustrating.

Overall, I'd give a 4/5 if I had to slap a label on it. Pretty solid value for the dollar, too: took me around 7-8 hours to finish and I've still got quite a few collectibles to hunt down.

@Chroma_Auron said:

This game looks like it will be plenty of fun. It looks about the same quality as Portal. The only flaw i see is that john delancie's voice acting sounds out of place for someone to be an old man pictured on the cover.

It works really well, actually. I just think the game isn't nearly as well written as the Portal stuff. I mean, Erik Wolpaw and co. are among the best in the industry, so that can be forgiven methinks. But Delancie's voice fits the nonsensical intellectual elder fairly well.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dropabombonit

I will get this when it comes to PSN because it has been getting great reviews. I feel Ryan was bit impatient with the jumping bit in the quick look, portal 2 had similar sections but they only happened once or twice

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Klei

Oh, that's why the PC version suffer from a severe case of Consolotis with that gross '' Help & Options '' menu.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.