Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

R.B.I. Baseball 14

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 09, 2014

Major League Baseball is getting into the video game business with the release of a new game that says "RBI Baseball" right on the (digital) cover.

RBI Baseball Is out now

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Had trouble finding info on this game, I remember the older RBI baseball games fondly. I am not certain if I will buy this one though, $19.99 is high for an arcade game without any online multiplayer, feels like they have severely misstepped by not including any options beyond leaderboards for online players. Anyone grabbing this today? If so I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Gameplay Trailer

Xbox Marketplace Link

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By flameboy84

God is $19.99 the new price point? Strike Suit Zero Directors Cut just launched for the same price.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Oof, 20 bucks? Maybe for 10 I would check that out. Hell, maybe 15. 20? That's a bit much isn't it?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It looks like its a pc game from the early 2000's

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeff We need a Quick Look of this!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

It looks a lot like RBI baseball to me, so I'll give it that.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earlessshrimp: @flameboy84: Yea, just feels way too high for me, I hope we aren't moving into a new normal for arcade games at $20. Even the games that I would buy on the arcade at 14.99 usually had to have some really nice features to justify that price, but the lack of content here at a premium price of 20 dollars really bums me out.

@jeff We need a Quick Look of this!

Agreed, I bet a quick look is coming, MLB 14 has me pumped for another Jeff and Vinny sports session. If this holds true to its roots it could have a lot of kooky elements that would make for an entertaining quick look.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It looks potentionaly interesting, sadly we will need to wait until after pax to get coverage of it.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll play MLB The Show on PS4, instead. Though, I feel for people who only own a 360. This is pretty much their only Baseball fix for this season.

akeripper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but not in europe................

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man, those graphics are....well they exist at least.

And yeah, it's kind of hard to justify this when MLB The Show exists.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hunkulese

Doesn't seem like people understand what this is. Why are you comparing this with The Show? It's like comparing Blitz to Madden.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Oof, 20 bucks? Maybe for 10 I would check that out. Hell, maybe 15. 20? That's a bit much isn't it?

Be honest, you wouldn't pay $10 either. I always find it weird when people start analyzing to exact amounts how much a game is worth to them. I can understand that in certain circumstances perhaps, but for me, 99% of the time I'm either interested enough to buy a game, or I pass. Even a dollar is too much to pay for a game I don't really want to play. I mean, right? Maybe it's just me. I do already own way too many games and am conscious of it, so perhaps that plays a part in my mentality.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I enjoy seeing the little sliding of the batter around the plate, and the 1 frame of animation when he's beaned.... it's cute.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

That actually looks significantly better than I was imagining.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That looks pretty awful.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

No online multiplayer, no PC version, no sale.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll pass.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't seem like people understand what this is. Why are you comparing this with The Show? It's like comparing Blitz to Madden.

I couldn't have said a better comparison. Mechanically looks like RBI to me. The graphics isn't very good but it doesn't need to be, really. The only thing I have I problem with is the animations. The characters were hitching from one place to another, like as if it was lag in an online multiplayer match.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I thought this would look way worse than it does.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I might would've grabbed this at $5... looks very rushed and bare bones.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@jjweatherman said:

@earlessshrimp said:

Be honest, you wouldn't pay $10 either. I always find it weird when people start analyzing to exact amounts how much a game is worth to them. I can understand that in certain circumstances perhaps, but for me, 99% of the time I'm either interested enough to buy a game, or I pass. Even a dollar is too much to pay for a game I don't really want to play. I mean, right? Maybe it's just me. I do already own way too many games and am conscious of it, so perhaps that plays a part in my mentality.

It's a value proposition, and it's very much ingrained into our society.

Would you pay $20 for a McDonald's hamburger? I mean, either you are or you aren't interested in eating a McDonald's hamburger, so what does the price matter?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'm thankful this exists because the inevitable Quick Look is going to be hilarious.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman said:

@earlessshrimp said:

It's a value proposition, and it's very much ingrained into our society.

Would you pay $20 for a McDonald's hamburger? I mean, either you are or you aren't interested in eating a McDonald's hamburger, so what does the price matter?

Would the problem here not be the fact that McDonalds are just spitting in your face at that price point?

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@earlessshrimp said:

That's where you're wrong my friend. I was debating getting FFX HD for the past week, it dropped 10 bucks in price and I decided I would jump on that opportunity. 30 bucks was absolutely a price I'd be willing to pay for those games. I do actually look at my purchases that way, generally speaking. Although, I'm also the same kind of person who usually buys most of the under 1 dollar steam games on the monday sales because, for 50 cents, any game is worth a shot to me. But, that's just me!

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like reviews are slowly starting to come in, Game Informer in particular had very little to say positively about it. I guess MLB Bobblehead Pros may remain a better arcadey option at this point.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

I might would've grabbed this at $5... looks very rushed and bare bones.

why would you even think they would release it for 5 bucks on consoles?

it is that price for ipad i believe which is where i might get it. as someone with limited money and access to the access rbi baseball for the nes 20 bucks is a bit much for me to justify

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

The SBNation review (Polygon's sports sister site) is really good and worth reading.

Everything I've ever experienced is better than whatever you've experienced. ... You would never believe how much fun I had with my video games. They weren't so damned serious. They weren't so damned complicated. They were so fun, man, you should've been there, should've been there.

SBNation.com
    ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arcadey sportz games are the best sportz games, cause i'm not really a sportz guy

wonder if i should try out the NBA Jam reboot one of these days...

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like hot garbage. If you want a cheap baseball game, just buy last year's The Show.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By carlthenimrod

Looks like garbage.

Not sure why you just wouldn't play the original. It looks better in every facet.

Also, Bases Loaded > RBI Baseball. Yeah, I said it.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: That review's kind of garbage. For how long it is he doesn't really articulate any problems he has except that there's no online play. He repeatedly says it's trying to cater to everyone but doesn't really go into any details. He sure makes it sound like it's a lot like RBI baseball. Isn't that a good thing?

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a European baseball fan that does not own a Playstation anything.

I was looking forward to this game, any baseball game, coming out, and looking forward to having a reason to dust off my 360.

So angry.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By dethfish

You can still do the thing where you screw around at 1st Base and purposely throw it into left field and then throw out the advancing runner. So, that's cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.