Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Radiant Historia

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 03, 2010

An RPG co-developed by Atlus and Headlock, some other staff include artist Hiroshi Konishi who worked on Radiata Stories and Yoko Shimomura on the music. Stocke must travel through time and revisit key events in order to save his homeland of Alistel from invasion and, ultimately, total desertification. An enhanced port with a new, third storyline was released on Nintendo 3DS in June 2017.

Where's the Review?

xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xXDiabloFanXx

This game is almost like Demon's Souls, it's not getting the attention it deserves. Why is this?

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By beej
    @xXDiabloFanXx: Because there are 5 people who work at Giant Bomb, only 3 of them are really reviewers. You'll notice that quite a few games don't get reviews. Which is totally fine. 
    Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

On a site with more staff and/or freelancers.

I believe Gamespot had a positive review of it it when it came out.

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By CommodoreGroovy

From what I have watched on Youtube, this game looks like a pretty solid JRPG.  It does seem to be falling under the radar though. =\

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

This game is nothing like Demon's Souls... Also, the Giant Bomb crew has an almost universal dislike bordering on hate for JRPGs.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Romination

Where people who care about it are.

No where.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @xXDiabloFanXx said:
    " This game is almost like Demon's Souls, it's not getting the attention it deserves. Why is this? "
    How about next time you play a game or watch a video before throwing out what it plays like...
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By NinjaHunter

I think you answered your own question by saying, " This game is almost like Demon's Souls".

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

Never heard of it, a Quick Look would be cool.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10  Edited By spiceninja
    @NinjaHunter:@Doctorchimp:@SuperfluousMoniker:  He meant that it's similar to Demon's Souls because Giant Bomb isn't paying attention to it. Not that they're similar games.

Also @xXDiabloFanXx:  Giant Bomb only has 5 guys who review games and they focus more of their attention on the big stuff. It also doesn't help that this game came out with absolutely no fanfare or exposure. They probably don't even know it exists.
    xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xXDiabloFanXx

PlasmaBeam44 is ABSOLUTELY right. And please before you go off acting like I'm a incompetent 13 y/o moron thinking that I can't tell the difference between DS and RH, think again. I have DS and I know damn well how both play. So try and think OUTSIDE  of the box next time idiots.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ProfessorEss

Six threads, under 120 posts, and like 2000 total views leads me to believe interest on GiantBomb isn't really enough for make it a high-priority action item.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By CaptainCody

Because Giantbomb needs to spend more time covering JRPGs, especially DS ones. Atlus or not, too much work for too little reward. You shouldn't be begging for a review of a game, either get the game or stop being a site content whore.
    xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xXDiabloFanXx
    @CaptainCody:  Did I say I was WANTING a review? NO! I was merely asking where the review was. But now seeing that the crew at GB doesn't like JRPG's it makes sense that they have no idea or if at all any interest with this game.
    Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Obsidian

Why would you post about the lack of a review if you didn't want one? It's not like this is Red Dead Redemption. You shouldn't really expect one.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Grillbar
    @Doctorchimp said:
    " @xXDiabloFanXx said:
    " This game is almost like Demon's Souls, it's not getting the attention it deserves. Why is this? "
    How about next time you play a game or watch a video before throwing out what it plays like... "
    yearh that statement is just wrong on so many levels the only similar thing about it is that its a video game
    Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@beej said:
    " @xXDiabloFanXx: Because there are 5 people who work at Giant Bomb, only 3 of them are really reviewers. You'll notice that quite a few games don't get reviews. Which is totally fine.  "
    I wouldn't say it's "totally fine" but that is indeed the situation. I'm sure they're knee-deep in Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat and the like, but it's been nearly three weeks since the last review and that was from Alex, so, I don't think they've exactly been swamped in reviews and unable to focus on something else. (Hell, the last Ryan review was over two months ago.)
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karkarov

Jesus, Giant Bomb isn't going to review this just like they don't review most games ;p.  I think it is hilarious someone insinuated they review only the "big stuff" though.  They have reviewed plenty of small time and or crap games that were just if not more under the radar than this one.  I think they just review whatever they get for free, or consider good enough to spend their own money on. 

That aside it is a good game with a fairly strong story though nothing too crazy.  It is actually fairly similar to chrono trigger in a lot of ways though it has a very different combat system that is actually unique for jrpg's.  At least I have never seen any other game use a system like it.  So if you like JRPG's, don't mind it being a DS game, and want something with a more "old school" snes type feel to it then it is a great game and I would advise buying it.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CaptainCody
    @xXDiabloFanXx said:
    " @CaptainCody:  Did I say I was WANTING a review? NO! I was merely asking where the review was. But now seeing that the crew at GB doesn't like JRPG's it makes sense that they have no idea or if at all any interest with this game. "

Yes you were, otherwise their would've been no point in making this thread.
    xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xXDiabloFanXx
    @CaptainCody:  Sure sure whatever you say you fucking troll.
    CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CaptainCody
    @xXDiabloFanXx said:
    " @CaptainCody:  Sure sure whatever you say you fucking troll. "

Someone disagrees with you and you call them a troll? Fuck off forum kiddie.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " Six threads, under 120 posts, and like 2000 total views leads me to believe interest on GiantBomb isn't really enough for make it a high-priority action item. "
    NFS shift 2 had like 6 threads by release date but it still got a quicklook and bombcast mention. There's no coverage for this game because people who care about it don't exist.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By mutha3
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @ProfessorEss said:
    " Six threads, under 120 posts, and like 2000 total views leads me to believe interest on GiantBomb isn't really enough for make it a high-priority action item. "
    NFS shift 2 had like 6 threads by release date but it still got a quicklook and bombcast mention. There's no coverage for this game because people who care about it don't exist. "
    Have people with good taste truly died out?:(
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I waited 3 weeks before i finally realized there wouldn't be any Dragon Age 2 review.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.