Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage 2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2019

A first-person open world shooter developed by Avalanche Studios in cooperation with id Software that is the follow up to 2011's Rage. The sequel focuses heavily on open-world mayhem and destruction in a near-future, post-apocalyptic setting.

RAGE 2 leaked UPDATE

• 134 results
    TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFlamingo352
    Image tweeted from @RAGEgame
    Image tweeted from @RAGEgame

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/9/17336748/rage-2-leak-bethesda-walmart

Walmart put up placeholder listings for RAGE 2, Bethesda's twitter presence has been joking about it but suspiciously haven't denied the game's existence. I wouldn't be shocked if this leak were true, but are people excited about more RAGE? And does this mean it'll be a long time until more DOOM?

UPDATE*****************

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/05/10/bethesda-does-more-teasing-for-rage-2.aspx

Also @RAGEgame
    Also @RAGEgame

Well folks, looks like it's official, Bethesda's tweeting a reveal date. Developer Rebellion, makers of the Sniper Elite franchise, are replying to all the tweets. That plus the image above makes it sound like they, not iD, will be working on this.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am one of the weird people that really, really liked RAGE and even I am not excited for RAGE 2.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I enjoyed the first game quite a bit and wouldn't mind seeing a sequel, but maaan I never expected that to happen. I wonder if they looked at the success of the 2015 Mad Max game and thought that car combat was in again.

Hoping to hear more about this, assuming it's actually happening.

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIGATEXTURES

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yep, one of the few that liked RAGE, would love to see this come to fruition.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sure, why not, they made a sequel to Prey. (that never came out, then made a sequel to System Shock 2 and called it Prey) Rage was alright, not great, worse games have gotten sequels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Eh, I don't put much trust in store retail "leaks"

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: add me to that list! I fucking love Rage.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I kind of wished this didn't get leaked. This would have made for a real WTF reaction if this was first announced at E3 with no one expecting it to come out.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't imagine a worse or more misguided idea for Bethesda than making a new Rage. Even a sequel to Wet could be kind of interesting, but what's the mentality behind making a new Rage? Is it like "you guys remember the bland, brown/greyish title we put out that's only memorable in how much shit it steals from Mad Max and having one of the worst video game endings in recent memory? Well guess what." Rage is a really good title for a game, so maybe they're pulling a Prey remake and taking nothing but the title and it's not actually Rage "2."

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I enjoyed the first Rage so much that I got all acheevos and the platinum on ps3. Bring on part 2!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

I wouldn't mind a sequel. The first game was lacking in its story/characters and the world; it felt like in those respects it could have gone deeper and more interesting, but otherwise, it was good. The game, from what I remember, actually reminds me a lot of Borderlands, if you took the cel-shaded-like visuals out and made it so it's not really a loot-based RPG but just an open-ish world shooter with some side missions. If they could expand on making the story, characters, and the world more detailed and interesting, it could be a fantastic game I think.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure I've ever even seen Rage be played before. Probably the only place I've seen it mentioned was as reference in a Digital Foundry video.

This is why I like when the crew plays random older games.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

If this is the next game from the team that made DOOM 4, then I'm excited for it for that reason alone.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@savage: The concept of RAGE but with the DOOM team would be a baller game to look forward to.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

With a complete reworking of the gameplay, I could see this being a neat thing. It's certainly a surprise, that's for sure, and their public response to the leak is classy and funny. I can respect that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

I liked RAGE quite a bit, actually. It had more personality and style than a lot of shooters of its day, but it didn't really flesh out its world or its characters very much. A sequel with more, and better, story sounds like a fantastic idea.

Also, I like Bethesda's response to this. A bit of humor, rather than a stiff-necked "nothing to announce" or a mad dash to cover it all up.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I was going to come in here and say that RAGE was underrated, but apparently everyone that liked RAGE is already in this thread. It definitely had some issues, but a lot of the actual shooting looked and felt pretty good. I think there's potential there to make a much better game with the lessons they've learned since about how to make a great modern shooter.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I am also someone who enjoyed RAGE, and would be interested to see how a second one turns out.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Rage is the best game with John Goodman in it.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Arebuckle

Rage 2? Rage...2?!

Sure. Feck it, why not. That game had promise, so hopefully it'll be better realised in a sequel.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who the hell asked for this? This sounds like a huge waste of time and ressources. I'm baffled.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I honestly don't think I would have ever seen this coming, but in hindsight, I guess it makes sense. Bethesda looks like they're getting into a cycle with all their big franchises and they don't look like they have anything else planned for this year. So assuming a new Elder Scrolls and that rumored new IP are still a ways off, them digging around the well and pulling out Rage again isn't as crazy as it seems. Surprising, sure, but I get it.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Hell yeah! RAGE was so good.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Uh, sure, I guess? I'll play another game from the people who made DOOM 2016. I'd even consider playing a sequel to RAGE.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I want the presentation to include a guy spinning the view with the mouse with minimal texture pop in occuring. Everyone will cheer if it succeeds.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question: Do they stick to a linear shooter which were the best parts of the original with some driving sections spread around, or expand on the open world-ness of it?

If it was similar to how the original was but with expanded and polished vehicle stuff (along with a lot more side content) I am 100% down

Also whats the chances of a Rage re-release?

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Quest 2 is the only thing on that list that I'm excited about. It's about time that little game got a sequel.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By onarum

RAGE was all right, kinda, though it really overstayed it's welcome I'd say, had to force myself to finish that one, it just kept going.

But sure, why not? I'd definitely buy RAGE 2 about 1/2 years after release at a discount.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, after Doom I'm kind of interested in a Rage 2. Rage had some really cool shit and with more contemporary success behind it they could strive to really deliver on those concepts.

Amd I hope it's 60fps. I remember being genuinely blown away by 60fps footage of rage on a damn console. Was Doom 60fps on consoles? I played it on PC with a 1080ti so I was getting 150-200 fps most of the time. But sadly I don't see myself owning a badass gaming PC anytime soon, so it'll be Xbox for me most likely.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

id has been on fire lately, either directly or just by others using id IPs. Call me "cautiously optimistic". Rage 1 was a slog, but the actual shooty bits were on point.

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't understand why developers look to put out sequels long after games which were not big hits. Why not just use a completely new name even if the gameplay is similar? The Rage name doesn't carry any weight outside the hardcore gaming community and anyone that deep in isn't the sort of person to be drawn in by sticking a '2' after the name of a game. I felt the same about Prey although that at least didn't run with a number after the title but what is gained by bringing back an old IP name instead of just calling it something new?

BaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rage deserved all it's middling reviews, but man before Doom came back, Rage had the best videogame shotgun. Had some real 'oomph' to it. Hated all the driving bits though, especially the forced racing sequences.

Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

Thought the first game had some really high quality corridor shooter levels that were generally underappreciated and I think the reason for that is that the last level and ending were trash.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

First one had great atmosphere.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't understand the people who think this is a bad idea. Whatever you think of it, RAGE's core gameplay design was solid - the problems with that game almost completely lay in presentation, story, and content. If you take that core - and by that I mean the level design, the sorta open world thing it had going on, the feel of the weapons and how well it controlled and performed (hopefully with less texture pop-in) - and you wrap that core in a good story with far more memorable characters, you'll have a damn fine game on your hands.

One other thing about Rage that no one has mentioned - I like its personality. It doesn't take itself entirely seriously, it's got a slight cartoonish edge to it with some silliness here and there, but it doesn't go overboard with that stuff. There's plenty of merit in completely insane things like Wolfenstein 2 or Borderlands or whatever, but RAGE's atmosphere leaned more towards serious without being too far over. It's a nice balance that I'd like to see carried into a better, more fleshed-out story.

I dunno, after Doom I'm kind of interested in a Rage 2. Rage had some really cool shit and with more contemporary success behind it they could strive to really deliver on those concepts.

Amd I hope it's 60fps. I remember being genuinely blown away by 60fps footage of rage on a damn console. Was Doom 60fps on consoles? I played it on PC with a 1080ti so I was getting 150-200 fps most of the time. But sadly I don't see myself owning a badass gaming PC anytime soon, so it'll be Xbox for me most likely.

Doom is 60FPS on everything, even the Switch.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obikwiet said:

Rage is the best game with John Goodman in it.

Even better than Pyst?!?

No Caption Provided

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hayt

Rage was real good. It played well, had a shotgun that lived up to the id standard and a gang of soccer hooligan looking bandits.

A sequel would be very odd thing to happen but I'm all for it.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a somebody at the Wallmart Database trolling us right ? This cant be true?

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if they want a game out that will sell maybe not a lot of copies, then RAGE 2 is certainly a way to achieve that.

Seriously, the Doom reboot was fantastic, why not a sequel to that one? As long as they don't close down id if and when this bombs...

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I never played Rage. I heard such mediocre things about it around release, but it seems like one of those games where people come out of the woodwork years later and say "Hey, Rage is pretty good"

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By a_e_martin

@justin258 said:

@opusofthemagnum said:

Doom targets 30fps on the Switch, but barely even reaches that. After a recent performance patch, it averages around 27fps apparently, with some bad frame-pacing issues.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_e_martin: my understanding too is that it is only locked at 60fps on Xbox One X and on PS4 Pro in their respective Performance modes. Although I think it's consistently in the 50 to 60 range regardless.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OurSin_360

I remember rage being one of the best looking console games at the time, and i remember the shooting being real good especially the predator boomerang knife thing. Get the writers from Wolfenstein and the combat designers from doom and this should be good imo.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AcidBrandon18

Rage was really good! Could have used less driving stuff, but the shooting and moment to moment combat was fantastic. I look forward to what they have to show.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I swear before I clicked the Polygon article I thought "Rage 2" was actually a sequel to "Ryse: Son of Rome." And I played like 15 hours of Rage and have never touched Ryse. I think that sums up my opinion on Rage.. Hopefully they can do something to spruce up the lore or gameplay or something to give it more of a lasting impact.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258 said:

@opusofthemagnum said:

Doom targets 30fps on the Switch, but barely even reaches that. After a recent performance patch, it averages around 27fps apparently, with some bad frame-pacing issues.

Ooops, my mistake then. I could have sworn they said it was 60FPS on Switch at some point.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm already sad it won't be called 2 Rage 2 Furious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.