minigame tips and tricks

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By ribeye

Does anyone have any strategies for the minigames?  Specifically the card game which seems really interesting to me, but also the five finger filet, I can't seem to get the timing right hahah

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@ribeye said:
Does anyone have any strategies for the minigames?  Specifically the card game which seems really interesting to me, but also the five finger filet, I can't seem to get the timing right hahah
The card game kinda reminds of me "Magic" 
Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ares42

The card game pretty much comes down to luck (unless you just make a really bad deck) since the game is so focused around what order you pull your cards. I've only played it on easy so far (too early in the game to make a big deck) and I've had some success focusing on ranged attackers and vehicles. There is some strategy to learning when to sacrifice a card or not, and if you really wanna kill off the opposing card or not, as the game is all about card positioning.

Edit: found an early-game deck that seemed to work pretty good. Ghost Boss, Waster Turret, Janus, Grenade, Cuprino and Ghost Bonestick. Basically unless you pull Janus and he pulls melee in first round you're pretty much golden. With the Cuprino and Janus you get a TON of life, and with only 5 cards that remain on the board (that mostly ignore positions) it's a pretty consistent draw. Even if you don't draw both Cuprino and Janus it will only end up with one card dying and you're still in a good position unless Janus was the card you lost.

The game is still not really worth your time compared to the dice one though, as that's just a money fountain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.