Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rainbow Moon

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 10, 2012

Rainbow Moon is a strategic RPG game for PlayStation Network.

How dedicated to this game do I need to be?

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Morrow

Hey guys! That's probably a bit of an odd question, but after reading about Rainbow Moon I thought I would really enjoy this game. Thing is, I'll start a new job on August 1st, I have vacation until then but probably need to dedicate some of my freetime to prepare for it, reading into new stuff and all.

So I wonder, is Rainbow Moon similar to the Disgaea franchise, which requires long-time dedication to get most out of it, with lots of grinding involved, or can you play smoothly through it and grinding is just optional? So my question is actually, how massive is this game in general? By reading some forum posts it seemed leveling goes slow and difficulty is moderate to hard... another thing of interest to me is, how easy are the trophies? Looking at trophies like "Reach level 500" or "Accumulate 100 hours of play time" makes it look like you have to dedicate a lot of time to this game, which isn't really what I can do right now ._.

Thanks in advance!

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

I haven't tried it myself (since I'm still going through FF Tactics Ogre) but a friend of mine says he found the battles to be relatively short and it can be enjoyed in short bursts without too much investment (from what I've seen the battles are generally shorter then Disgaea/FF Tactics which can go on for a while as you might know.) However, it does seem rather substantial in terms of content and length but if you're stuck for time you can always buy upgrades through micro transactions but don't do that, that's a bad path to go down to.

It's not a great answer but it's all I know of this game, sorry.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TruthTellah

@Morrow: From the developer:

"Rainbow Moon's battles last longer than your average encounter in Final Fantasy XIII but are shorter than let's say battles in Disgaea. The length of battles varies, but in most cases they will be something between thirty seconds to three minutes."

Thus, you'll never really have to just section off a hour or more of solid playing like you might with a game like Disgaea. Boss battles might take 15 minutes, but you can save before and after any battle. Saving is at any time in between battles. A lot of battling is optional, as well. So, you will not have too heavy of a load if you just want to take it casually a little bit at a time.

Hope that helps! :)

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Morrow

@eroticfishcake:

Well thanks :) I didn't knew about the micro transaction thing, I used it in two or three games before, but usually the stuff available is mostly cosmetical and only gives small boosts, so I'm not likely to try it again...

I played some tactical games on the NDS like Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, and yes, the battles could be quite lenghty. So hearing they're shorter in Rainbow Moon is already a good thing :D

@TruthTellah:

Oh ok, that actually sounds pretty good :)

How fast is the game progression in general? Are there many side-quests or faction-quests? I'm currently playing KoA: Reckoning and am a bit slain by all the quests...

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TruthTellah

@Morrow said:

@TruthTellah:

How fast is the game progression in general? Are there many side-quests or faction-quests? I'm currently playing KoA: Reckoning and am a bit slain by all the quests...

You should probably check out this helpful interview with one of the developers of the game if you have any more questions: http://www.rpgamer.com/games/rmoon/rmoon/rmoonint.html

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Morrow

@TruthTellah:

That's cool, thank you :)

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Spoonman671
    @TruthTellah said:

@Morrow said:

@TruthTellah:

You should probably check out this helpful interview with one of the developers of the game if you have any more questions: http://www.rpgamer.com/games/rmoon/rmoon/rmoonint.html

Holy shit!  RPGamer is still around?!  I used to go there all the time back in the day.  It looks identical to what it was like a decade ago.
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Morrow

I just got Trisha, and I must say while leveling was quite fast in the beginning, I see lots of grinding ahead... but the game is generally enjoyable :]

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By morningstar

32 hours in I'll say you have to be pretty dedicated. It can be very rewarding though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.