Ranma 1/2: Chougi Ranbu Hen ("Ranma 1/2: Super-Skill Wild Dance Chapter") is a 2D fighter game for the Super Famicom and the fourth of five SFC games to be based on the Ranma 1/2 license, about a martial artist who is cursed to switch genders when soaked with water and his equally eccentric neighbors many of which have curses of their own. A North American version, which would've been called "Ranma 1/2 II: Anything Goes Martial Arts", was cancelled due to poor sales of Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle.
The story involves a magical wish-granting Maneki-Neko that is separated into a dozen pieces across the world. Twelve determined fighters from Ranma's immediate circle race off to find and unite them.
The game features the following characters as fighters:
- Ranma Saotome: The protagonist, a powerful if oblivious martial artist that is cursed to become a woman if drenched in cold water.
- Ranma (Female): As is usual for Ranma 1/2 fighter games, Ranma's female form is a separate fighter with the same moves but is slightly faster and less strong.
- Genma Saotome: Ranma's irascible and insensitive father is once again fighting exclusively in his cursed panda form.
- Akane Tendo: The scion of the Tendo martial artist academy and Ranma's primary love interest. She's another no-nonsense martial artist who fights her unwanted paramours to a pulp.
- Tatewaki Kuno: A posh upperclassman of Ranma's and frequently his rival. Wields a kendo sword.
- Kodachi Kuno: Tatewaki's twin sister and equally supercilious. Uses her gymnastics in combat.
- Ryoga Hibiki: Ranma's self-proclaimed archnemesis and an equal martial arts talent, though somewhat clumsy and prone to getting lost. Is cursed to turn into an adorable (and harmless) black piglet when soaked.
- Shampoo: One of Ranma's unrequited love interests who is determined to marry him in order to fulfill her clan's tradition of marrying the man who defeats her in combat. She turns into a cat when soaked.
- Mousse: Shampoo's luckless former boyfriend who still carries a torch for her and is resentful towards Ranma for "stealing her heart". Has severe eyesight issues but is still surprisingly strong, often pulling a lot of improvised weapons out of his sleeves.
- Ukyo Kuonji: An okonomiyaki chef and a childhood friend of Ranma. Wields a massive spatula.
- Hinako Ninomiya: A teacher with the body of a child. She can absorb auras to briefly turn into an adult and dispense justice to delinquents.
- Mariko Konjo: A stereotypical cheerleader who fights opponents with pom-poms and chants. Mariko makes her SFC video game debut with this game.
- Herb: A sadistic and ill-tempered Prince of an ancient dynasty of Warrior Kings, he is one of the most ruthless martial artists in the world and is capable of turning into a dragon. He is the game's antagonist and also makes his SFC debut with this game.