Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank Collection

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 28, 2012

To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the first Ratchet & Clank, PlayStation 3 and Vita owners can get the original trilogy in a single collection.

Ratchet and Clank HD Collection announced!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Insomniac CEO Ted Price announced hours ago that a Ratchet and Clank HD Collection was announced. It will include the first three Ratchet and Clank games, all in 1080p, each game with there own trophies and platinum, and there will be online multiplayer for Up your Arsenal.

The cool news is for us Europe guys is that it comes out in the Spring here but in the US it comes out in Fall.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1220860p1.html

Box Art, I find it odd how its the PS3 version of Ratchet and Clank though and not the original.
    Box Art, I find it odd how its the PS3 version of Ratchet and Clank though and not the original.
    SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Nice! I enjoy me some Ratchet and Clank even though they're all the same and I find the humor atrocious.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

FUCKIN'

HELL

YEAH!!!!!

Yeah, I'm just a bit excited. Unlike most, though, I'd like to see Deadlocked, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank included. Not because they're the best of the series, but just to have the collection complete.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hizang

@believer258 said:

FUCKIN'

HELL

YEAH!!!!!

Yeah, I'm just a bit excited. Unlike most, though, I'd like to see Deadlocked, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank included. Not because they're the best of the series, but just to have the collection complete.

You know there will be a second one with those games on it.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hizang

Bump

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

FUCK YEAH!

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jack268

The most exciting feature of this is the online multiplayer. I don't care very much to replay the singleplayer, but it's a lot easier to play the multiplayer now than it was back then to buy the little box and put in your PS2 and all that junk.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By huntad

Hmm, I already have Jak 1 and 3 on PS2. I suppose this is cool. I wonder how much better they'll look and run.

cheeckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cheeckoo

It's about time!

on the Playsation Blog Price mention something very special for the US release

VITA version ? PSP games ? unreleased material ?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Venatio

@believer258 said:

FUCKIN'

HELL

YEAH!!!!!

THIS!

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SlightConfuse

yes these games are awesome, would love to play them in HD

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people get so excited about a few up-ressed games that they've already played being re-released as one of the absolute worst cash-in strategies in the entire game industry?

We should be pushing for innovation, development, and the future. The more companies do shit like this and you commend them, the more they think it's right to waste development time and money on these pointless HD collections. It's a complete joke. People in the gaming community constantly demand originality but then turn a blind eye when something they can get all nostalgic about comes along. This is why Nintendo are so wealthy, this is why we have constant sequels and no original IPs, no innovation, no progress, just keep giving the people what they're used to, and they'll buy it.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Delphic

@believer258 said:

FUCKIN'

HELL

YEAH!!!!!

seconded. When I first got my PS2 I could not stop playing the original Rachet and Clank.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By jacdg

My favorite game franchise of all time, I litterally cannot wait until I get my hands on this one!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jacdg

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Why do people get so excited about a few up-ressed games that they've already played being re-released as one of the absolute worst cash-in strategies in the entire game industry?

We should be pushing for innovation, development, and the future. The more companies do shit like this and you commend them, the more they think it's right to waste development time and money on these pointless HD collections. It's a complete joke. People in the gaming community constantly demand originality but then turn a blind eye when something they can get all nostalgic about comes along. This is why Nintendo are so wealthy, this is why we have constant sequels and no original IPs, no innovation, no progress, just keep giving the people what they're used to, and they'll buy it.

Because these games are amazing, and we can't wait to replay them? Some of my favorite video game moments of all time come from these games, and this generation have not offered a lot of this gameplay style of action platforming, at least not on console, so excuse me for liking games. Also, not every games has to be innovative, I play games for something called fun, which innovation certainly isn't always.

corruptsaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By corruptsaves

Once a generation and I've had my fill of this neat but very similar franchise. I wouldn't chuck your cash too soon if your going to get it.

Be interested to see the multiplayer though.

MrXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By MrXD

..................................I fucking hate my brothers....

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ajamafalous

Awesome.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hizang

Indeed it is awesome!

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cubidog1

Guys chill out. The only people who buy this are people who missed these games when they first came out, why complain about them?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

My PS2 has been broken for years and I have a newer PS3 so I am kind of excited.    I  hope we get a proper Ratchet and Clank soon because All 4 One was the Deadlock'd of this Generation of consoles.

I heard that while Europe gets the game first America gets extra content to coincide with the 10th anniversary.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShadowKing7

Yes finally! Been waiting for this announcement, I love these games and now I'll get to check out the multiplayer from the third game.

Man, it's kinda hard to believe it's already been almost ten years since that first game came out.

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By indiefinch

I am so excited for this. Ratchet and Clank is still my favorite game series of all time, this collection is exactly what I wanted. Can't wait to get back into these games that I have so many fond memories of.

PieGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By PieGuy

They have included the online mode so even more reason to go back to these amazing games. Insominac museums better still be there.

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By UltimAXE

Surprised that they're not nixing the online from UPA. That would be the only way I'd be able to rationalize picking this up. Which I won't do.
    Although, this is probably the first of these PS3 HD collections that really makes sense. The R&C games ran like shit when emulated on an 80 gig PS3.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Sackmanjones

Ice always been a rachet and clank guy compared to jax an darter. To say the least I was hoping for this and now I'm happy

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hizang

Hopefully it will sell enough that they decide to make a proper Ratchet and Clank game again.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jacdg

@bartok said:

My PS2 has been broken for years and I have a newer PS3 so I am kind of excited. I hope we get a proper Ratchet and Clank soon because All 4 One was the Deadlock'd of this Generation of consoles. I heard that while Europe gets the game first America gets extra content to coincide with the 10th anniversary.

Really? Well, if it's something cool I guess I'll have to import a version as well.

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PokeIkzai

I've played the originals and am still going to buy this. Suck it, nerds. :p Seriously what is so wrong with buying and enjoying what you happen to enjoy?

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@James_Giant_Peach said:

You act as if Sony releasing best-of collections somehow affects their ability to produce innovative new content. Please explain. 
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By GunstarRed

@Hizang: I don't know if I'd want another one. I'm very curious to see what Overstrike is and wouldn't be surprised if there was some similarities between the series, especially in the insane weapons department. For all the love I have for ACIT (and I have a stupid amount) I can't help but feel it was that type of game pushed to it's limits. The Braid-style stuff was a great inclusion, but everything else seemed very familiar. The writing however was some of the best, not UYA brilliant but very, very funny.

I have a feeling playing through the three games in this collection back to back you would see the series biggest problem and that is that they just refined them more and more every year and that resulted in Deadlocked/Gladiator... which resulted in them just going back to the exact same formula for Tools which was very, very pretty at the time, but easily the weakest, safest, samey Ratchet game insomniac has put out. I still haven't played All 4 One beyond the demo (still been hard to find the time since it got released on the same day as Batman) And while I think that game was probably the wrong direction I'm glad they tried something new and didn't just recycle the exact same formula for the sixth time.

I'm excited to play these again seeing as I no longer have a PS2 and my 60gb PS3 died a while ago...and the games ran awful on that system anyways.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hizang
    @GunstarRed It's an alright game, but easily the worst RAC game.
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#33  Edited By SMTDante89

Sorry for reviving this nearly two month old thread, but Siliconera has posted Deadlocked will get an HD rerelease, but it will be a downloadable title on PSN.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.