Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Time splits as A Crack In Time marks the end of the "Future" trilogy in the Ratchet & Clank franchise.

R&CF: ACiT Eurogamer Review - 7/10

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Andorski
     But I've been playing R&C games for years now, and I was hoping for something extra. That doesn't mean radical change - goodness knows no one wants Ratchet to "go dark" or start running round sandbox environments. I still want a meat feast pizza, I just want it to have a stuffed crust. And maybe some dips. Or in other words, a proper selection of exciting new weapons, original puzzles and a bit of innovation. It's not that A Crack in Time is all fur coat and no knickers. The problem is, it's all fur coat and the same knickers it's been wearing for seven years. Time for a change.
    -------

7/10 << Link to review.

Interestingly, this review kinda mirrors what was said in the IGN review.  Although, where Ryan Clements comments on not being a follower of the series and hasn't played through the majority of R&C games, Eurogamer's Ellie Gibson does point out how she is a big fan of the franchise and thought that the gameplay's formula doesn't 'wow' the sixth time around (not including the multiplayer-focused Deadlocked, the spin-off Secret Agent Clank, or the download-only Quest for Booty).

I definitely fall under Ellie Gibson's category.  I played through the original, Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, and Tools of Destruction, and I thought the franchise's gameplay was getting too stale when the first PS3 iteration was released.  So to hear that not much has changed in A Crack in Time is a bit disappointing.  I'll still play through ACiT, but I really hope Insomniac finishes the series with this game, or goes balls-out on the next R&C title (as I think this game finishes the Future story-arc).
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

Completely agree. I've played all of the console versions accept Quest for Booty, and its always needed just something else.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

as I said in another topic... the franchise needs a reaaaaally long break before it becomes crash bandicoot. 
    I Liked tools of destruction, I just found it to have really weak writing and almost nothing new...and  had almost zero challenge up until the very end of the game.  I can fully understand eurogamers 7 and I don't even think I need to play the game to understand it.... I know what I am getting when I buy a R&C game and thats why It is one of my favourite franchises ever. If the game is the last one ever then thats totally fine also... theres only so many times you can create the most powerful gun ever.... and they hit that peak with UYA.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.