Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 12, 2016

The game, based on the movie, based on the game.

Ratchet & Clank - Releases April 12th, 2016?

CurtDoggYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Isn't the new Ratchet & Clank PS4 game coming out on April 12th? Anyone know why it's not on the new games page?

Thanks!

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LeStephan

21st of april in europe

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@curtdoggyo: Moved to the Ratchet and Clank forum. Please keep all topics in their relative areas. Thanks.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Review embargo should go poof tomorrow, I hope Vinny gets his hands on the QL over here. I'm hoping the game turns out to be real good.

...and at the same time I'm real bummed if it does and I don't get to play it 'till the 20th, augh! Might get tempted to buy it on my US account, if the reception's good...

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grulet: I have been debating the same thing. If I buy prepaid US PSN cards from play Asia, will I also need a valid shipping address to buy it? If so, would any address work? Like the Empire State Building for example.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grulet: I have been debating the same thing. If I buy prepaid US PSN cards from play Asia, will I also need a valid shipping address to buy it? If so, would any address work? Like the Empire State Building for example.

It's been a while since I bought some PSN cards and it wasn't from Play Asia, so I can't confirm it personally, but I'd imagine you could generate something up when you're buying goods that will be delivered to you digitally. Might want to google about it...in fact, I might do that as well, because they seem to have the cheapest prices from what I've seen.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By MocBucket62

Yeah, can't believe this game comes out on April the 12th. Hoping it at least reviews well tomorrow and looks likely that this will be a GBE quick look considering that Vinny is the resident R&C expert. Oh and I hope we get a Box Office Bomb Podcast for the R&C movie with Vinny too, but we'll see.

Also it seems like all the marketing for the game/movie is towards kids since I remember when I was picking up dinner from a local Mexican restaurant, Cartoon Network was on a TV and I saw a commercial for both the movie and the game.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

It seems like Sony is throwing it under the bus, no marketing, releasing it on the same day as Dark Souls 3.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@atwa said:

It seems like Sony is throwing it under the bus, no marketing, releasing it on the same day as Dark Souls 3.

I think it's more to release it near the movie release, which is the 29th.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also it seems like all the marketing for the game/movie is towards kids since I remember when I was picking up dinner from a local Mexican restaurant, Cartoon Network was on a TV and I saw a commercial for both the movie and the game.

I feel like that was the deal with the original games as well, or at least it seemed like it from the surface. I didn't play with consoles back then, so I don't really know, but at least Dan has said several times, that he didn't feel like playing the original games because they seemed like games made for kids.

@ssully Yeah, I think that's more it. They were originally supposed to release both last year (or at least the game), but pushed them to April 2016 in order to, if one can trust Wikipedia "give the film a better marketing campaign and the game additional polish time." There has certainly been trailers for the movie at least, but I've seen a handful for the game too. I've also seen a PS4 bundle being sold with this and Uncharted 4.

I was more worried about the whole 'throwing under the bus aspect' when Uncharted 4 was still going to be released the following week, at least over here at Europe.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully said:
    @atwa said:

I think it's more to release it near the movie release, which is the 29th.

I would expect Sony's marketing to be timed alongside the movie's release, so it can push both products at once and save some of its marketing budget. Or it will do the typical Sony thing and not market the game at all.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 MooseyMcMan  Online

It's also only $40, which seems odd.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's also only $40, which seems odd.

I'm kinda amazed that I can't find any scanned PS2 catalogues from the depths of the internets to see this for myself, but apparently that is to honor the original game's price, which was also $40, as well as R&C 2 and 3, if the internet's to be trusted on this one. Best I could find was this Washington Post review from 2004 for Up Your Arsenal, that lists a $40 price in the end.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MooseyMcMan  Online

@grulet: Huh, that's cool. And if true, better than my theory that the game is short and not good. But we'll see!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grulet: Huh, that's cool. And if true, better than my theory that the game is short and not good. But we'll see!

I haven't read any user experiences from folks with early copies, but at least this preview from last week mentions it'd take 12-15 hours for the story and potentially 30-40 if you do all the sidestuffs. Some early reviews also haven't at least mentioned it'd be short. Guess we'll find out tomorrow when some trustworthy reviews start to appear!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I didn't even know that a new game was coming out, let alone that the movie was coming out this month as well.

Yeesh. Sony needs to get their shit together with this stuff, methinks.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ive been eagerly awaiting this new R&C for a while, and im eagerly awaiting the movie. Its going to be a great month!

Though I dont really remember much marketing, there were some previews here or there and I think Game Informer did a comparison video of PS2 and PS4 sections but its not exactly "hyped".

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pazy: @jakob187: Keep in mind, this will be a remake of the first game, so not actually new. Just don't want you to get your hopes up too high and be disappointed (or delighted, I suppose)

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bill_mcneal

@pazy: @jakob187: Keep in mind, this will be a remake of the first game, so not actually new. Just don't want you to get your hopes up too high and be disappointed (or delighted, I suppose)

After seeing the thread I was just about to ask that question. Never played it and am looking forward to trying it. Hopefully Sony's RLS will have the digital version.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spoonman671: I'm so excited to play this game! I never played the PS2 Ratchet games as I came to the series on PS3. I actually created a US PSN account just to get it early because for some reason it doesn't come out in the UK until 22nd April. I'm preloading it now and I can't wait.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I have good faith that the game will be good, and I will definitely be picking it up this week.
    I'm far more concerned about the film, though. I'm ridiculously excited for it and also confident it will be a fun time, but I've seen zero marketing for it aside from when they released the trailers online. I thought they'd be giving this movie a huge push this close to release. Then again, perhaps they are solely marketing it to the young kid crowd which would explain why I haven't seen any TV spots or anything yet.

bmb5150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have good faith that the game will be good, and I will definitely be picking it up this week.

I'm far more concerned about the film, though. I'm ridiculously excited for it and also confident it will be a fun time, but I've seen zero marketing for it aside from when they released the trailers online. I thought they'd be giving this movie a huge push this close to release. Then again, perhaps they are solely marketing it to the young kid crowd which would explain why I haven't seen any TV spots or anything yet.

My niece has seen advertisements for it on channels such as Disney Jr, Nickelodeon, and such. I'm not concerned about the lack of push for it.

I am pretty excited for the game and will be getting it later this week whenever it shows up from newegg. Most of my coworkers who are my age (mid 20s) are all getting the game so I think it'll do just fine amongst the kids and amongst people like me who played the original and future sagas.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By glots
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online

Probably not going to get it tomorrow, what with Dark Souls III and everything, but after that I will. Nice to have more than one PS4 exclusive worth buying this year.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@mooseymcman: Ya, I'm in the same boat. I guess they figure the majority of sales for this game aren't the same target audience as Dark Souls. Ah well, it's not a game with a rabid community that I feel I need to stay in tune with (i.e. Dark Souls). Ratchet & Clank is something I'm totally happy pushing off until the Summer when there's a lull in games, and be pleasantly surprised with it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Wow this game looks pretty good, and the reviews are promising. I really liked some of the early Ratchet and Clank games, this is probably one of the first times that I wish I owned a console this generation. Oh well, add another title to the eventual backlog when I pick one up used on Craigslist at some point. Glad this turned out well, though.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a big Souls fan; played them all and both Dark Souls and Bloodborne are some of my all time favorite games. That being said, I'm so much more hyped for this than Dark Souls 3 for some reason. Had to make a US PSN account and order it from there because I couldn't wait, downloading right now. I'm pretty sure the hype is overly nostalgic, and I won't enjoy the game as much as I think I will, but the hype is just too overwhelming nonetheless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.