Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 12, 2016

The game, based on the movie, based on the game.

To Those that Have Played It: How Long Is This Game?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ajamafalous

I'm struggling to find more than a couple mentions of hour count anywhere on the internet; I've found single mentions of 5.5, 9-10, and 11-12 hours, but not any kind of consensus, or even discussion, about how long this game is. So: how long did it take you to beat the game?

Also, one of my favorite things about the older Ratchet games was going back in on New Game+ with the Bolt- and XP-multipliers and finishing maxing out all the weapons and collecting the Gold/Platinum/etc. Bolts that I missed. Is that possible in this game? Is it even something you'd need to do, or will all of your weapons be mostly maxed out by the time you finish the game the first time around?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I've probably played about 5 or so hours at this point and I feel like I'm maybe half way through. There seems to be a good amount of optional areas and missions on some planets, too. Nothing really new to the series.

And yes, Challenge Mode is still in the game, with the bolt multipliers and upgradable super versions of guns. All of the standard trappings for an R&C game seem to be intact, minus the "achievements". I do miss those.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By zeushbien

According to https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=35859 it takes around 9 hours to complete. But that is only from 5 people.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ares42

I just beat it, and while I wouldn't say it's short it felt like it had a disappointing length. As for a straight hour count I'm not sure, but I'd say about 7-10 is right. And yes, there is a NG+ mode, and no you probably won't be maxed out during your first playthrough (mostly due to the fact that there's no arena in the game, which is replaced by hover board races). I'd say most of my disappointment probably stems from the fact that the game is somewhat lacking in features though. The story in itself is probably as long as it should be, but everything else around it is very barebones. So you're not spending much time looking for secrets or doing Clank puzzles or anything like that (this is coming from a guy that loved Crack in Time).

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strife777

It's a good length. If you're the type that wants to get every gold bolt and holocards, you'll get a solid 10 hours out of your first playthrough. Then you can do the usual challenge mode to get the omega weapons and all that.

It's true that it is slightly more barebones than some of the previous, more recent games: you don't upgrade your armor, there's less optional puzzles, the story itself is quite simple and somewhat short (much like its original counterpart) but for the price, I feel like it delivers more than enough, especially at this level of quality.

I fully recommend it to anyone remotely interested in Ratchet & Clank.

Avatar image for carolinafan3515
    CarolinaFan3515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure you've got your answer by now, but multiple playthroughs to do and collect everything is about 20 hrs total. I just got the platinum trophy last night and it took me 2 1/2 playthroughs. Your first time in will take a little longer if you explore, not knowing where everything is and being underpowered adds to the play time, but on the subsequent playthroughs I clocked about 5 hours skipping cutscenes and plowing through enemies. Great fun, worth the price, easy platinum trophy. I'm just glad I don't have to beat that first race in under 1:35 again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.