Raven is a character first introduced in Tekken 5 and returns for Tekken 6. Raven's ninjutsu fighting style is highlighted with his teleportation moves and extremely quick maneuvers. He is highly similar to Kunimitsu a female character who has not made a canonical appearance since Tekken 2. They do not have similar moves, but their techniques are similar.
The mysterious ninja, codenamed 'Raven', he is known as one of the most skilled and ruthless agents from the equally mysterious government intelligence agency to which he belongs. Not much is known about him, other then his codename and the X-shaped scar on his face. While on a mission investigating connections between the Mishima Zaibatsu and G Corporation, he witnessed Heihachi Mishima and Kazuya Mishima being ambushed by a deployment of Jacks. Although Kazuya managed to escape, the Jack robots were able to restrain Heihachi, while they self-destructed, causing a massive explosion. Afterward, news reaches Raven that The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 will be held. Raven enters, in order to gather intel about the tournament and the motives of those behind it.
In Raven's non-canonical Tekken 5 ending cinematic, we see Jinpachi Mishima dissolving to dust after being defeated by Raven. Raven then presses a device on his ear and says "Mission complete, returning to HQ". Raven then starts running and jumping up an elevated part of the area. He then performs a forward flip, seemingly flipping back down to the bottom of the area. We then see an aircraft rising, with Raven on top, as it flies off into the distance.
During The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, Raven encounters Heihachi Mishima, who was presumed to be dead. They began to fight, but before a victor could be decided, Raven received orders to return to headquarters, forcing him to withdraw from his battle with Heihachi. After their encounter, the batlle between both the Mishima Zaibatsu and G Corporation intensified, with the Mishima Zaibatsu declaring itself an independent nation (declaring war on the world in the proccess). With the announcement of The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6, Raven is sent to investigate the Mishima Zaibatsu once again.
Raven also appears a co-star in the Scenario Campaign mode of Tekken 6. Raven first appears as an enemy boss and is defeated by Lars Alexandersson and Alisa Bosconovitch. Later on, he returns to help Alisa and Lars escape from a rampaging NANCY robot. Once Alisa turns on Lars at the order of Jin Kazama, he becomes the CPU partner in Alisa's place for the final two stages of the mode. He joins Lars to chase down Jin in the desert. With his help, Lars is able to defeat Azazel and Alisa. After Jin defeats Azazel for good, he accompanies Lars with Alisa's body back to Lee Chaolan's robotics company. Lars attempts to thank Raven for his help but he declines, offering the ominous warning "Tomorrow, we may be enemies," before leaving Lars. Following the credits, Raven returns to the site where Azazel's temple once was to find Jin Kazama's half-buried body lying in the sand.
- Raven will get orders from his commanding officer during his Story mode. This happens before Raven fights his Stage 8 sub-boss, Heihachi Mishima, and the final boss for all characters, Jinpachi Mishima. His C.O. is later seen, in Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, as Master Raven.
- Like several other characters, Raven has his own 'special' move. It is called "Summon Mirage" and allows him to split in half, but also takes 5% of his energy.
- Some people stated that he looks like Sisqo (because of his hair), but others said that he looks, sounds and has strength like Wesley Snipes from his Blade movies. The color of his hair is also a possible reference to Snipes' role as Simon Phoenix in the movie, Demolition Man.
- Like Yoshimitsu, he has the ability to teleport.
- In Tekken 6, Raven's voice actor has been replaced by D.C. Douglas, who is also best known for voicing Albert Wesker in Resident Evil 5.
- In 'Tekken 6's "Scenario Campaign" mode, if he encounters Sergei Dragunov at "Container Terminal 7", it is revealed that Raven's facial scars are a result of a previous confrontation.
- Raven plays a very important role in Scenario Campaign, helping Lars Alexandersson defeat Jin Kazama and Azazel. He is also the one who discovers Jin buried in the desert after he was supposedly killed, along with Azazel.
- In the games Raven's outfit is entirely black but in Tekken (2010 film) his outfit is entirely silver.
- Little is known about Raven's private life, but judging by his customizations, he is probably a connoisseur of the Japanese arts.
- Raven's opponents in Tekken 6's "Arena" mode are Jack-6, Heihachi Mishima, Kazuya Mishima, and Jin Kazama.
- Raven is one of the two characters that does not fight Azazel in Tekken 6's "Arena" mode. The other is Marshall Law.
- Raven is matched up with Yoshimitsu for the sake of humor. Raven also cannot believe that Yoshimitsu is a ninja.
- In Tekken 2010 film, Raven is played by Darren Dewitt Henson. He helps Jin in the film.
- Raven has targeted Kazuya ever since Kazuya became head of G-Corporation.
- Raven also bears similarities to Wesley Snipes and he roles that he plays on film, though Namco stated these are all unintentional.