Ubisoft Delays Rayman Legends to September, Adds PS3 and Xbox 360 Versions

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By spookytapes

Bummer, I've been itching for a new platformer to play and any reason to turn on my WiiU. With this coming out against GTAV and who knows what else, there's no chance I'm going to buy this.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By NekuCTR

How do you not lock this shit down? Like contractually. This was one of the few strings even remotely connecting anyone to the console, and now it's gone. Nobody is going to buy this thing out of hope for third party support anymore. Nintendo officially no longer makes gaming platforms, they make Nintendo boxes, and as good as their games sell I doubt it's good enough to counterbalance the astronomical hit their receiving on hardware sales.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#203  Edited By Daveyo520

@Zor said:

@BPRJCTX said:

@Zor said:

@HerbieBug said:

@Daveyo520 said:

Now all that is needed next is Bayonetta 2 to somehow come out on other things.

Of course it will. The question has always been how much of a time delay between Wuu release and others.

Except for the fact that Nintendo is funding Bayonetta 2... so yeah... it isn't going anywhere else.

That doesn't mean anything, Microsoft helped in developing Tales of Vesperia, and that came out on the PS3 later, and Sony also helped Square Enix throuhtout the PS1 and PS2 days, and the 360 gets exclusive DLC now, as well as many other developers and publishers who had exclusive games for Sony consoles, for many years, have gone multiplatform this gen.

It's a all a matter of business, i don't know what kind of deal Platinum has with Nintendo, but my guess is, timed exclusivity, like with many other games in the past.

It means everything... well, in this case it means a lot.

In Tales of Vesperia the Pub and Dev were Namco, in Bayonetta 2 case the Pub is Nintendo, and the Dev is also Nintendo (and Plat). And this different means a lot.

The PS example you gave... doesn't really seem relevant so i'll just skip it.

So yeah, it is a matter of business, however, unlike other games in the past, this does not seem like it is a timed exclusive.

Update: Also, this: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/08/bayonetta-2-wonderful-101-on-other-platforms-is-up-to-nintendo/

Like I said earlier MS was the pub on Mass Effect 1 and that came out on the PS3.

jpmcosta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By jpmcosta

That was low...

fjor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205  Edited By fjor

waitin for the next 3d mario and retro studios project and then will get one :)

Coreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Coreus

Jippi!

ddensel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#207  Edited By ddensel

As a 360 owner, this is great news. I loved Origins and will pick this up when it comes out. All of the publishers need to squeeze as much money as they can out of their releases this year, and 360/PS3 versions of Rayman will sell pretty well.

But as a potential Wii U buyer, this is a huge blow. At this point I'd be buying a $350 machine to play games I already can on my Xbox and for a trickle of Nintendo releases. Oh, and it's basically obsolete come November. I like new hardware, and I like Nintendo, but I can't make a case for buying this thing right now.

talentless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By talentless

@Hardtarget said:

here's hoping for a PC version, the PC port of the first one was excellent

Agreed i would love to get it on the PC.

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#209  Edited By Nezza
    BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Daveyo520 said:

@Zor said:

@BPRJCTX said:

@Zor said:

@HerbieBug said:

@Daveyo520 said:

Now all that is needed next is Bayonetta 2 to somehow come out on other things.

Of course it will. The question has always been how much of a time delay between Wuu release and others.

Except for the fact that Nintendo is funding Bayonetta 2... so yeah... it isn't going anywhere else.

That doesn't mean anything, Microsoft helped in developing Tales of Vesperia, and that came out on the PS3 later, and Sony also helped Square Enix throuhtout the PS1 and PS2 days, and the 360 gets exclusive DLC now, as well as many other developers and publishers who had exclusive games for Sony consoles, for many years, have gone multiplatform this gen.

It's a all a matter of business, i don't know what kind of deal Platinum has with Nintendo, but my guess is, timed exclusivity, like with many other games in the past.

It means everything... well, in this case it means a lot.

In Tales of Vesperia the Pub and Dev were Namco, in Bayonetta 2 case the Pub is Nintendo, and the Dev is also Nintendo (and Plat). And this different means a lot.

The PS example you gave... doesn't really seem relevant so i'll just skip it.

So yeah, it is a matter of business, however, unlike other games in the past, this does not seem like it is a timed exclusive.

Update: Also, this: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/08/bayonetta-2-wonderful-101-on-other-platforms-is-up-to-nintendo/

Like I said earlier MS was the pub on Mass Effect 1 and that came out on the PS3.

Yes, Nintendo can can sell back the license to publish the game, if another publisher is willing to pay them enough money.

Microsoft bought Rare off Nintendo, and their entire catalog of games, buying the license to publish one game is nothing compared to that.

oasisbeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By oasisbeyond

Cool. The first one had 5.1 only on the 360 hehe. I'll get this one also for 20$.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By AiurFlux

Apparently a developer wrote a post on a Spanish forum and it got picked up by gameinformer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/08/rayman-legends-developer-sounds-off-the-game-39-s-surprise-delay.aspx

Nice to see where some priorities are, even on this website. A fake plastic set of tits. Oh fuck, hold on to your butts. Flesh and blood people being abused in the workplace. Meh. Who cares.

I'm certainly not faulting Alex, because Alex is one of the few people who posts articles I can read the whole way through without vomit clogging up my esophagus.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#213  Edited By agentboolen

I'm glad to hear this news, had a feeling it would help concidering how small the Wii U sales are! I really enjoyed the first game on the PS3 and now to get the sequel will be really nice. If the games gb's size is so small again I would really like to see this sold through the digital store and not have to put a disc in everytime I want to play it.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#214  Edited By Nettacki

The delay is retarded, no matter how you view it or analyze it. It sucks, but I guess that's life.

BR4DL3I9H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#215  Edited By BR4DL3I9H

From the developer's point of view this is a great move. The Wii U hasn't found it's stride, at least not yet. The demand for the hardware has dropped off due to lack of software, and has it stands there are less than 1 million Wii Us out there, so they are essentially fighting for a piece of a much smaller pie. It makes sense that they would want to open it up to all those millions and millions of Xbox/ PlayStation owners out there. They are in the business of making money, not appeasing the Wii U owners.

Personally, it's kind of a blow for me. I really enjoy Rayman Origins on my PS3, in fact it's one of the few games that my GF and I play together. Actually, it's probably the only game that I come back to time and time again when I want a pick me up, which is all thanks for the art style and cheerful music. Rayman Legends was going to be the game which, like Alex, finally convinced me to get a Wii U. I will still probably get one, but for now I will just pick this up on my PS3 (Maybe) and see how I am feeling about the Wii U when some of the other goods games arrive.

randomdrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, don't mind me. I'm just digging a grave for the short-lived Wii U. But hey...maybe Nintendo can pull a system-selling game out their asses. MAYBE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.