Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rayman Origins

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Officially revealed at Ubisoft's 2010 E3 press briefing, Rayman Origins is a new 2D Rayman game developed by Michel Ancel and a small team, taking the series back to its roots.

Another look at Rayman Origins.

drevilbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By drevilbones

Seriously, you guys, this game is great. It's easy to be a cynic and cry "what full price for a 2D platformer why release it now nope not gonna buy it." But seriously. Don't be a cynic. This game is great. It easily has enough content to justify full price, it's super creative all the way through, and it plays amazingly well. This is the best platformer in years, and yes, I am counting Nintendo's recent offerings. If you're standing in the store looking to spend some money on a game and trying to decide between this and, say, Saints Row, then get this. Saint's Row will be there later, and doesn't need the support this game does. We need to buy more games like this at release and send the message that, yes! we want more games like this! It's not a risk to make a game without guns in it! We want more games that are this gleefully celebratory of the medium. Well, at least I do...

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By phrali

no one is going to pay 60 bucks for this. sorry.

what did saint's row ever do to you?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269

I'll probably get this now because it's $40 at Gamestop. I was never going to get this at $60 when I have other bigger games to play.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dogbox

I paid 60 bucks for this. So good.

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MidgardDragon

@drevilbones said:

Seriously, you guys, this game is great. It's easy to be a cynic and cry "what full price for a 2D platformer why release it now nope not gonna buy it." But seriously. Don't be a cynic. This game is great. It easily has enough content to justify full price, it's super creative all the way through, and it plays amazingly well. This is the best platformer in years, and yes, I am counting Nintendo's recent offerings. If you're standing in the store looking to spend some money on a game and trying to decide between this and, say, Saints Row, then get this. Saint's Row will be there later, and doesn't need the support this game does. We need to buy more games like this at release and send the message that, yes! we want more games like this! It's not a risk to make a game without guns in it! We want more games that are this gleefully celebratory of the medium. Well, at least I do...

I've paid full price for 2D platformers (*counts*, NSMB, Epic Yarn, Return to Dream Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns, FlingSmash, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2), at least 7 times in the last 2 years, so the whole "lol 2D nope" thing has baffled me for ages. Those aren't even counting the DS games I bought new either. Glad to hear yet another good 2D platformer (seriously, they've been on a huge come back in case no one noticed) has landed, but let's not pretend it's the only full price worthy one.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BBQBram

Already on my list, buddy.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By samfo

I think I'll wait for it to go on sale.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.