Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rayman Origins

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Officially revealed at Ubisoft's 2010 E3 press briefing, Rayman Origins is a new 2D Rayman game developed by Michel Ancel and a small team, taking the series back to its roots.

First Ten Minutes of Rayman Origins (Spoilers ahead, gov'ner!)

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

If this has been posted before, or simply is old news, forgive the giddy child inside of me. (That came out wrong.)

By means of some black magic, I have located the first ten minutes of Rayman: Origins online for your viewing pleasure. I've been a Rayman fanatic since the very original release, though to this day, Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc remains in my top-ten list of best games ever made, right up there with Soul Reaver 2 and Planescape Torment. Unfitting such broody and moody company you say? Well, a fig for your opinion, then. Some of my fondest memories include spending 5 hours replaying the same segment of riding around on the big rockets, and in the process inventing many a new curse-words.

So it's no surprise I'm excited about Rayman: Origins, right? As busy as I am with Starcraft 2 (Still to this date, what is wrong with me..) and Battlefield 3 and Skyrim soon, as well; I have made a promise to myself to get my hands on this armless piece of ingenuity. Here's the first ten minutes of the game, and I am bloody loving the way it looks. Seems to be marketed not towards kids, but them who were kids when they originally played Rayman. And ain't that a sight to behold? Enjoy, guys; and let me know what you think of it.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By wealllikepie

the music contained therein is now my favourite thing ever

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

There is something absolutely wonderous about the music, I was just thinking the same thing. It actually seems to change dynamically depending on gameplay choices, too, which I find to be a really immersing detail. Between this and Dark Souls, I should have game soundtracks to light my way through the dreary fantasy schmock that I'm dreading to hear in Skyrim. As much as I expect to love that game, I do not have high hopes for the music after Oblivion; so this will be just the thing to take my mind of it.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hwy_61

This is a $60 game. Holy shit. It looks amazing though!

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Contro

Looks like a quality driven game.

This level reminds me of Donkey Kong Returns.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.