Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rayman Origins

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Officially revealed at Ubisoft's 2010 E3 press briefing, Rayman Origins is a new 2D Rayman game developed by Michel Ancel and a small team, taking the series back to its roots.

PC version of Rayman Origins: Sorta Busted

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By makari

Just a heads up for people looking to buy this on Steam, from what I've played so far this version is pretty busted. I played through the first four stages and in that time the game crashed three times, certain portions of the background and map sometimes had code strings floating around, and I was taken back to the map unable to use any of the controls except for escaping to the menu. Upon quitting out of the game from the menu and going back into my save file I found it was corrupted and I had lost my progress. The game also didn't allow me to delete my corrupted save.

Interested in seeing if anyone else has had similar troubles with this version of the game.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

@makari: Could you post some screens? That sounds like it could be loony.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By owack6

Also playing this on PC but no problem so far except it isn't recognizing my 360 pad and i had to reconfigure the buttons, but i didn't see anything like the OP.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By yinstarrunner

I've been playing the PC version. I've beaten the first two worlds and have had ZERO problems.

Maybe try out the demo first.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Gizmo

The PC version works flawlessly.

Perhaps your PC is sorted busted?

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gike987

@owack6 said:

Also playing this on PC but no problem so far except it isn't recognizing my 360 pad and i had to reconfigure the buttons, but i didn't see anything like the OP.

Did you plug in and start the 360 controller before you started the game, a lot of games won't recognise it if you don't do that. The 360 controller works fine for me.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By owack6

@gike987 said:

@owack6 said:

Did you plug in and start the 360 controller before you started the game, a lot of games won't recognise it if you don't do that. The 360 controller works fine for me.

Ye if its not plugged in when i start the game the pad doesn't work at all.

But still even if its plugged in it doesn't set up the buttons automatically ,which is weird since it worked for me in the demo.

No problems except that and I'm on the 7th world.

OsvaldoMoreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OsvaldoMoreno

@owack6: When you start the game with the 360 pad on, just go to the options screen and click on the reset button for the first control option and it should work fine after that. ( That's how I did it anyways...)

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BisonHero

I've read several reviews of the PC version, and none of them make any mention of crashes. I won't deny that they happened to you, but it sounds like a fairly rare issue, specific to your configuration of hardware.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By spaceturtle
    @makari: I'm having the exact same issues, although I haven't lost saves but I'm stuck at the map only able to hit the menu. Have you tried playing again and experienced the same issues or have you found some sort of fix?
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By august

The demo ran like a charm on my shitty laptop.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kishinfoulux

Demo ran fine for me, but this is concerning to hear.

Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Obsidian

Odd to hear you have issues like these. Luckily the game runs perfectly on my system.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Works perfectly for me, would suggest it might be an issue on your PC's end.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By granderojo

I played through about 2 chapters a few days ago with my 360 controller on PC. Tried loading it up again and it won't recognize my 360 controller at all now. This is rather frustrating, did a new patch get pushed through?

EDIT: NVM, my webcam was being read as a controller, I unplugged it and everything was fine. Game runs great BTW.

lazerblades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By lazerblades

I have had no issue with the game. I purchased and played it on PC shortly after launch through amazon direct download. I used a wired 360 afterglow controller to play. Sounds like those experiencing problems either have a greater problem with their PC or are encountering some kind of issue unique to their hardware configuration.

Xessive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xessive

The game works great but it's not flawless.

For those who have a X360 controller for Windows the onscreen button prompts are not done properly. Basically instead of displaying the button the game will just display in plain text "Press 1-A" or "1-X The Snoring"

Kinda sucks but it doesn't ruin the game per se, just kinda of a strange omission since on the X360 version it's evident that the correct button prompts do exist suggesting that somebody at Ubisoft got lazy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.