Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 31, 2007

A top-down action RPG and item shop tycoon game for PC by doujin/indie circle EasyGameStation and localized by Carpe Fulgur for English-speaking audiences. You play the role of Recette, a young girl who opens an item shop to repay the debts incurred by her missing father.

New game loop?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Can anyone explain to me what is carried over to a new game if I don't meet the shop's payment?  Do inventory, store items, cash, and merchant levels carry over?

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Natedogg2

From what I remember, pretty much everything but your cash is retained. So if you're like me and you fail at the very end, the restarted game becomes very easy,

BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By BlaineBlaine

Do you mean New Game+? 

Because you'll bring over unsold inventory... that you had on you... I think. It was hard to tell, but I totally had some high level inventory on day one. Any adventurer True Card comes with.
    Your shop reverts to the original size, but you'll keep your wallpaper, floor and counters. As well if you had vending machines they'll be in your inventory. 

You'll have all your xp and levels, but none of the cash. The guild master will carry your current level inventory... but it seems like the highest level stuff is sold out for like weeks. Not a big deal though, you can just sell the shit out of Grand Naginatas. 

The game world sort of resets around you, you don't get news alerts and price adjustments until like day 7 or so. Which sucks because that's how I normally make money. 
    As well you'll have all the story cut scenes to skip through.

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By eldiax
    @BlaineBlaine: My shop didn't revert to the original size, so I think you keep that too.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ch13696

Does anyone know how I can leave the dungeons without actually being killed? 

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

As far as I could tell it was just about everything except for cash. The last time I played I was up to my second payment of 30,000 but I only had 27,000 and no matter what I did I could not raise enough cash, so I looped and lost all my money. Thankfully I saved before that, reloaded and just bought as much shit as I possibly could since your inventory carries over. That way if you can't make a payment, you aren't at a complete lost and you can build up a sizable inventory for your next run.

@ch13696 said:

" Does anyone know how I can leave the dungeons without actually being killed?  "

I tried to see if there was a way too, it just seems like you gotta keep trucking to every fifth level to get a door. If you just run your way through the floors, you can luck out and find the warp up to the next floor pretty quickly.
    BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By BlaineBlaine
    @eldiax said:
    " @BlaineBlaine: My shop didn't revert to the original size, so I think you keep that too. "
    For New Game+? It totally did for me... brb, I'll start a new one from completed to check... 

Nope. Starts on Day 2, 1000 Pix, small store. 

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Natedogg2

Yeah, I barely missed the last payment during my first playthough, but I kept my inventory for the restarted game. When I went through the game again, it was rather easy (I'm pretty sure I ended up with something like 4 million pix at the end of that playthrough).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.