Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 31, 2007

A top-down action RPG and item shop tycoon game for PC by doujin/indie circle EasyGameStation and localized by Carpe Fulgur for English-speaking audiences. You play the role of Recette, a young girl who opens an item shop to repay the debts incurred by her missing father.

Updated demo released.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jrad

Grab it here.

No Caption Provided

So, Recettear's a game where you take on the role of a shopkeeper, selling various goods and the like to any customers who wander into your store. Of course, shopkeeping isn't all there is to the game -- there's a dungeon crawler part which plays a lot like the older Zelda games.

It was originally released in Japan some time ago, but now it's being localized by two guys and brought over here. They're aiming to release it some time in August. The demo itself is pretty long, clocking in at around 1-2 hours, depending on your pace. The localization itself is solid (there's a nice Persona reference in there); the game is rather tongue-in-cheek, dealing with numerous RPG cliches and conventions. The name itself is a horrible pun (Recettear -> Racketeer) if pronounced incorrectly. It's been getting a surprising amount of press recently, especially given the indie nature of both the localization team and the game itself. 

The demo's small, and probably worth a playthrough if you're even passingly interested in the premise.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

Oh yeah, my friend linked me this on steam yesterday, tried it. It's pretty damn good. Reminds me a lot of Visual Novels with its style. 

I didn't see the persona reference...what was it?
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @Shirogane said:

"I didn't see the persona reference...what was it? "

When you reach the 5th floor of the dungeon, a big red door appears and after Recette asks what it is, Tear calls it a "Goho-" before correcting herself and calling it a different name (I think it was "the door of return" or something like that).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.