Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ReCore

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 13, 2016

An action-adventure third person game from Keiji Inafune and some of the creators of Metroid Prime.

New footage from Gamescon

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This game looks super cool:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/recore-is-mega-man-meets-metroid-prime/2300-6434084/

As the dudes say in the video, this looks like what we really want from Inafune.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I haven't seen any of this game other than the CG reveal. Looks like it could be potentially good? I'll have to wait for impressions because Microsoft seems really shy about showing it off.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I don't own an XB1 but I like most of what I heard about it! The Metroid part of the equation sounds really fun, the Mega Man man part.. well depends which parts they drew inspiration from. I liked the flow Mega Man and the rock paper scissors approach to bosses, but I never liked the somewhat clunky platforming and boss run up - an unforgiving mechanic that the Souls series were clearly inspired by and which I don't particularly enjoy in that series either.

But I assume this game will be covered by this new "every game comes out on PC too" umbrella plan right? Cause I'll happily play it on PC, but I'm not getting an XB1 until that new more powerful SKU is released, even though the white slim looks real cool and would sit real pretty next to my white PS4. Lord knows Sony isn't doing much to keep me around. I mean we didn't even get Knack yet.

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't get to invoke names like Metroid: Prime and Mega Man and not generate a certain level of excitement. That's some great pedigree, I can only hope it lives up to those lofty expectations! Lord knows I could go for a 3D metroidvania.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I really think this game looks fun, very old school style but in a good way. I will pick it up, its cheap as hell too.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

@atwa: I finally get why everyone at E3 kept saying how surprised they were at the amount of shooting in this game. The latest footage I've seen of uncut gameplay really did focus primarily on circle strafing enemies with a very generous and very Metroid reminiscent lock-on.

Still like you said, it looks really fun and is cheap. In addition to all this, Microsofts really admirable strategy of putting all their upcoming games on PC alongside XB1 means I don't have to miss out on it due to platform exclusivity. It really is the best time to be playing video games!

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ReCore still scream's stay away its lacking polish with some rough looking animations, MS has been very shy showing the game off and that budget price.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@humanity said:

But I assume this game will be covered by this new "every game comes out on PC too" umbrella plan right? Cause I'll happily play it on PC, but I'm not getting an XB1 until that new more powerful SKU is released, even though the white slim looks real cool and would sit real pretty next to my white PS4. Lord knows Sony isn't doing much to keep me around. I mean we didn't even get Knack yet.

I think ReCore is going to be the first "Play Anywhere" title, in fact. So you're in luck!

I hope it's good cause I like the way it looks, but don't have high expectations right now.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@bollard said:

@humanity said:

I think ReCore is going to be the first "Play Anywhere" title, in fact. So you're in luck!

I hope it's good cause I like the way it looks, but don't have high expectations right now.

Just so you know, you have to buy a digital copy through Microsoft to get that option, though there may be third party keys that work. All they're saying currently is 'digital' purchases. Unfortunately this means paying a premium as in the UK their digital products can be £15 more than at retail. I looked in to this for Gears 4. The way it works was the same for Quantum Break but that was only pre-orders whereas this 'Play Anywhere' might be at any point once it is released. I don't know.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@thepanzini: The game does still look rough in spots, especially the animations, like you said. I kind of like what this game is selling. I like the art, I like the mix of gameplay mechanics and I like the price. I wish I were more excited for the game than I am, but it definitely has the potential to be a bit of a surprise hit this month.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Man, I want this game out already. It might not be anything super sophisticated but it does look fun.

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the man behind Mighty No 9 comes a game from one or two developers behind Metroid: Prime. We're also selling it for less than full price and including another game inside it.

This game is screaming failure, but I hope it's good.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floppysnake said:

From the man behind Mighty No 9 comes a game from one or two developers behind Metroid: Prime. We're also selling it for less than full price and including another game inside it.

Wait, what do you mean by "including another game inside it"?

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

@floppysnake said:

Wait, what do you mean by "including another game inside it"?

Banjo Kazooie.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: This is the best footage I've seen so far ReCore doesn't look bad it's a 6/10 Mega Man in 3D.

Loading Video...

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floppysnake:Huh, you're right. Well I wouldn't read too much into it. Microsoft are throwing backwards compatible games in with pretty much all their releases these days.

@thepanzini: The damage counters are very evocative of Borderlands and that's really throwing me off.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ThePanzini

@floppysnake: Notice the enemy health bars its Destiny like you have to them with the corresponding colour, I guess the challange is going to come from juggling enemies rather than shooting but who knows.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if it helps more people play Banjo Nuts & Bolts then I can't complain.

zychi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is why Gamefly and Redbox exist. Short and simple. Its at the top of my GF Q now.

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This game will be the Kameo of Xbox One. Probably a decent action adventure game with weird companion upgrade paths that is a sleeper hit.

I'll probably play it and enjoy it from what I've seen. Gotta do something until Civ 6 comes out and ruins my life.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wandrecanada said:

This game will be the Kameo of Xbox One. Probably a decent action adventure game with weird companion upgrade paths that is a sleeper hit.

That's high praise in my book. I hope you're right.

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wandrecanada said:

That's high praise in my book. I hope you're right.

Honestly I loved Kameo and played it through to 100%. If Recore can do the same I'm fully invested.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wandrecanada: God I hope so. I have the game preloaded and I can't wait to play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.