Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption II

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 26, 2018

The third game in Rockstar's Wild West-themed series is a prequel to the events of Red Dead Redemption, returning to the open-world action of its predecessor.

Early release at 9pm the night before

Farkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Farkas

My local EBgames in Canada just called and said to swing by anytime between 9-midnight. Anyone else breaking that glorious street date?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By glots

Over here in Europe, I got an email regarding my order, which stated that I wouldn’t receive my copy till release day, because of Rockstar’s policy. This particular store usually ships their copies a few days early, so they seem to be taking this seriously.

I guess it’s worth it to break the street date and suffer the possible consequences, if by doing so you get hyped up people without pre-orders to rush to your store?

IK2K3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Germany; A store employee told me I could check on thursday and they would sell it if anyone else broke the date .
    The first one will have to pay a fine, which is around 1.5mil for rdr2.
    The biggest media chain here broke it for gtav for example and paid up the 0,5mil at the time.

miserywizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna say my xbox told me it would unlock Thursday at 9pm (I'm in California).

thecablekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Yeah here in Philadelphia were having 9 PM releases for every major game (Destiny 2/Monster Hunter even). While I don't miss the days of staying in line till midnight it does feel like I am breaking the law every time I get a game a 9 on the dot and am playing it by 10 pm.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got a weird RP mail of my online retailer "saying the pony express is on it's way to deliver the game" So i guess there breaking streetdate or someone in The Netherlands already broke the street date, It's a real weird email i would post it but's in dutch so 97% of the people here wouln't understand anything.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The 26th is a national holiday in austria with all retailers closed, so I better well hope they are gonna break street date.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

How do I know what time it will unlock on XB1? I'm east coast, whenever i try to launch it it says "you'll have to wait a bit longer"

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gtb08 said:

How do I know what time it will unlock on XB1? I'm east coast, whenever i try to launch it it says "you'll have to wait a bit longer"

I think if you go to the store page for the game it will say when it unlocks, or you can search for Red Dead Redemption 2 on Microsoft.com and it will certainly show the unlock time there.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@firepaw: good call, its midnight eastern

bluntmcgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ik2k3: Are you sure about the numbers? I heard from a Gamestop employee in Germany that the fine for RDR2 ist more like 50k Euros.

And Media Markt broke the date and started selling today.

IK2K3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IK2K3

@bluntmcgee: Well, that what I was told by the local Euronics store, he said they raised the penalty a lot.

He said Media Markt broke it last time too, and if they do I can buy it today. Hopefully I can buy it after work.

Edit: Could buy it, my PS4 is installing and tells me it will take 2h to install (2 disc, same style as gtav was on 360)

bluntmcgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ik2k3: From what I gathered the fine is usually 10 - 50k and Rockstar is on the upper end of the spectrum. 1,5 Mil seemed like a whole lot.

Anyway, I bought it digitally and have to wait until midnight. But have fun!

IK2K3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluntmcgee: I don't know, seemed a lot to me too, but then again, I didn't care enough to actually look it up. He was probably just making the number up or something.

Thanks, you too!

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@gtb08: if you go to the store page it says 12:00am on the Oct. 26th. So midnight tonight. not early. durn!

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ordered mine from Best Buy figuring that it would probably ship early, and that's what happened.

Shipped yesterday and should deliver this afternoon. Kinda breaking street date, I guess?

miserywizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda hoping it will be unlocked by the time i get back from work this afternoon - seeing as stores are already selling them in other places. Fingers crossed.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I think it's also a digital pre-order thing? I just pre-ordered it on the Xbox One X last night (and I never pre-order games), just so I could play it tonight, but also because I knew I was going to buy it anyways. Also... I wonder how many people will be getting the game on the X. Digital Foundry is saying it's remarkable there considering its a full 4K while the other versions, even PS4 Pro are pretty blurry by comparison.

Farkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to get it in a few hours with a bottle of some too expensive bourbon in my backpack :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.