Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption II

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 26, 2018

The third game in Rockstar's Wild West-themed series is a prequel to the events of Red Dead Redemption, returning to the open-world action of its predecessor.

Horse Punching

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

sweep  Moderator

Poll Horse Punching (150 votes)

I have accidentally punched my horse 27%
    I have deliberately punched my horse 4%
    I have never knowingly punched my horse 35%
    Show me the percentage of people that are dirty horse punchers 33%

Red Dead Redemption 2 (the Horse Punching Simulator), is a game with such a complex array of context-sensitive controls that it's easy (and completely understandable) to occasionally become a little flustered and accidentally punch your horse in the fucking face.

Own up, we know you did it.

• 
    Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have never punched my poor sweet horse.

I have however managed to crash into basically every form of stationary object, mostly accidental but occasionally because it's Very Funny.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I have never once punched my horse, either deliberately or by accident.

I have however, ran it into barn doors, trees and rocks. I've ran it off of cliffs, and injected miracle stimulant while it was still writhing on the ground, to stop it from leaving this mortal plane. I have injected it with multiple syringes of adrenaline over the course of 2 minutes to win 10 dollar bets.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never punched a horse, but I accidentally kicked a cat and spent time in jail for it.

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have never punched *my* horse. I did punch someone else's horse after it kicked me in the head though. Seemed fair.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I accidentally punched multiple horses in the opening hours of the games. I have found the controls make far more sense after I changed them to the "FPS" settings. Running isn't ideal with that, but everything else is a bit better

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

In the "no punching, much ramming" line. I've only accidentally hemmed up a random passerby while trying to mount my horse once as well.

I did, in the first couple days, often find myself offering the help of a Very Good (Cow)Boy only to put a shotgun slug in the innocent's chest. Luckily I got past that once I started just obsessively hunting and using the various controls over and over (and over and over).

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joining the "No punching, but a whole lot of crashing into things" club.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Humanity

Yup, never once punched my horse, but have hit many trees dead on or tripped over rocks. Once I ride into a long tunnel and a train was coming my way but despite hugging the wall it still hit my horse at which point I reloaded an autosave in order to save it.

But punching? Nah. After 50 or so hours I’ve been conditioned to hold L2 for a while before pressing anything.

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arjailer

@captain_insano said:

I accidentally punched multiple horses in the opening hours of the games. I have found the controls make far more sense after I changed them to the "FPS" settings. Running isn't ideal with that, but everything else is a bit better

But, but ... the only difference between the Standard and FPS controls is they swap the run and crouch buttons ... everything else is the same ...

https://www.polygon.com/red-dead-redemption-2-guide/2018/10/26/18028774/controller-controls-standard-fps-alternate

Edit: and I've never accidentally punched anyone/anything 'cos there's no out-of-combat uses of the punch button to get confused by - unlike the left trigger ... sigh ...

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I accidentally punched it early on, after my first time in a town. I was trying to bring up the context menu and hit the wrong button and just swung for him. Similarly I've shot people for the same reason by mistake. I had a gun in my hand, but not "drawn" and hit R2 by mistake while there was a person within 50 yards and 180 degrees of my cone of vision so Arthur immediately locked on and shot that guy in the back.

Avatar image for deactivated-63aef4a4bd11d
    deactivated-63aef4a4bd11d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've punched my horse accidentally twice. Once pretty early on, and once last night. The second time, it actually fixed my horse bugging out (it was up on a rock and I couldnt mount it).

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven’t punched my horse but I have tackled an old lady when all I wanted to do was mount my horse. Right in the middle of Saint Denis.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No Caption Provided

Whenever the subject of RDR2 and horse punching comes up I can't help but think of Conan, but I don't know why...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.