Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption II

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 26, 2018

The third game in Rockstar's Wild West-themed series is a prequel to the events of Red Dead Redemption, returning to the open-world action of its predecessor.

I made a (potentially spoiler-y) Red Dead music video for a recording I just made...

fishinwithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By fishinwithguns

*Just right off the bat, this video only uses footage of the first train robbery mission from Red Dead 2, and even then, it doesn't really spoil anything.

So...you're welcome?? I guess?

I'll explain:

In addition to video games, my interests have basically always included:

writing/performing music

film (watching films, writing screenplays, and filming...and editing said film)

So I used to do all these things, and more, a LOT. Basically the last 2-3 years have been pretty rough for me so during that time, not only did I lose interest in everything including the things I loved doing, I lost all inspiration as well. In addition to that, I had to sell like all of my equipment at the time anyway, so long story short, this video is just me starting to get back on track.

I recently built a custom PC for purposes of video editing and music production.

I don't have a camera anymore so I just used some video of me playing Red Dead 2, it's cinematic enough I suppose.

I don't really have music editing software, so I had to do some weird workarounds (without pirating any software). I don't even have a guitar amp or any kind of mixer, so I had to plug my guitar into my PC's microphone jack and do all the guitar effects and distortion in post.

the end result:

work within your limitations! I knew this would be just a stupid project to help me become re-acquainted with certain things I used to know how to do. The "finished product" you see here is something that I myself think is very silly, and that was the intention...but strangely enough I can't help but find myself thinking the music made parts of it seem more badass?

Anyway, the whole purpose of this was as I said to try and get myself up and running again, and I wasn't planning on doing anything with this silly thing. But then I thought, if I posted it anywhere it may as well be Giant Bomb.

I thought it should live somewhere other than just my hard drive, and figured maybe someone might at least find it interesting if not entertaining, ha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.