Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Game crashes in the singleplayer

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Bouke

I've been slowly playing through the singleplayer in Red Dead on 360, but i keep running into (what i think is) a bug where i'm just running arround and the screen turns black for a moment and i'm back at the 360 dashboard. It seems to happen more often then in the beginning, but it's really frustrating because i usually lose some progress in the challenges. Have any of you experienced this before? I already contacted Rockstar, i the hope they know a solution or something.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Joshakazam

It hasn't happened for me but my Xbox does crash frequently, atleast once a day >_>.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Bouke: So it just goes black and then strait back to dashboard? No message? Nothing? 

@lilman1101 said:
    " It hasn't happened for me but my Xbox does crash frequently, atleast once a day >_>. "
    Yikes. It doesn't take a psychic to tell the future for that Xbox.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bouke
    @JJWeatherman:
    Yeah, just like that.... no message, just a black screen for a few seconds and i'm back on the dashboard. I don't think its my 360 (although its a refurbished launch model), since it only happens with Red Dead Redemption.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Chris2KLee

Did you install the game to the HDD? The data could have become corrupted, and might be causing errors.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bouke
    @Chris2KLee:
    Nope, i didn't install the game (since i have the 20 Gb model). I was thinking it might have to do with overwriting older savegames, but i don't know if that can cause problems like this...  

Also, pretty sweet APB quicklook logo!
    Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Joshakazam
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Bouke: So it just goes black and then strait back to dashboard? No message? Nothing? 

@lilman1101 said:
    " It hasn't happened for me but my Xbox does crash frequently, atleast once a day >_>. "
    Yikes. It doesn't take a psychic to tell the future for that Xbox. "
    I've had it since April this year......fucking Microsoft.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.