Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

My (first) horse died!

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flaboere

Hi guys.  
    So my horse died, the one you get from doing the mission with Bonnie, the stalion. I whistled for another, and after a little time, a new horse came, although it looked different. I don't see any deed in my inventory, does this mean that this is a random, crappy horse, that i will have to train again, or is this an exact replica of my previous horse?  
    Also, the stalion i had, how good is7was that, compared to deeds? 250? 750?

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By haggis

Yup. You've got a crap horse. You'll have to either break another on your own, or buy the deed. If you buy the deed, you'll have access to the same horse in the future. Otherwise, you're stuck with what you've got.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Flaboere

Wow that was fast! Guess i'm off to buy a deed. However, which price is the equal or better than my dead stalion?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Jedted

The golden horse can be bought for $750 from the general store.
    ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ErrorOperator

A Hitchhiker stole the horse that Bonnie gave me. I bought a deed from a store and used that for the rest of the game.

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By yellownumber5
    @ErrorOperator:@ErrorOperator said:
    " A Hitchhiker stole the horse that Bonnie gave me. I bought a deed from a store and used that for the rest of the game. "
    That's how I lost my first horse too.  Ran horselessly all the way back to town before I realized I just had to whistle for a new one.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

First time's always the worst...and most awkward.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilbigsupermario

my pearl white horse died when I accidentally shot it in the head while targeting a coyote running ahead of me... I really felt bad afterwards especially when the crappy horse came after I whistled... :( 

so i bought the deed instead hehe!

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Jedted

I had my horse die because i backed into it with a wagon i was recapturing.  A wagon, can you believe that?!

It was the golden Kentucky Saddler that you get from the story mission so i was pretty pissed when that happened. 
    WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

The first time my horse met its death. It was murdered by my brother. I went to the shop with a mate and got a text from a friend who stayed at mine saying my brother killed the horse Bonnie had gave me and skinned it. First day I had the game :P

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Flaboere
    @yellownumber5 said:
    " @ErrorOperator:@ErrorOperator said:
    " A Hitchhiker stole the horse that Bonnie gave me. I bought a deed from a store and used that for the rest of the game. "
    That's how I lost my first horse too.  Ran horselessly all the way back to town before I realized I just had to whistle for a new one. "
    Even better, you can whistle for it as soon as someone rides away on it, and it will throw them off and come back :-S this happened to me too. First bounty i tried, i shot him up once, then walking in to tie him up, but he ran away. Chased him for more than 15 minutes across the country i think. In the end, i shot his horse, got off beside him, just to have him jump on mine and ride away again. Was REALLY pissed for 2 seconds until i tried whistling for it! 

I bought the deed for 750 and am happily riding again!
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By mazik765

I lost my first horse to a fucking mountain lion...god I hate those things.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Synthballs

I've shot my own house a million times. I like to do it while riding it as fast as possible.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Claude

You always remember your first.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joshakazam

I came in here thinking of a real horse, i then saw this was the Red Dead boards.

*walks away*

oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oobs

what pisses me off is i break in a black fast horse lasts awhile to a cougar comes along and attacks it....i had that first stallion you get from that mission mentioned and it lasted the whole game,..well  tell near the end at least...put it this wsy i didn't have to replace it
    MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By MoistJohn
    @ErrorOperator said:
    First time that happened to me, I was off my horse about to offer help. the dude hops on the horse and suddenly got shot in the back a lot when "someone" dead-eyed his ass with a revolver. Since then, i don't get off my horse right away and if they seem like dick-heads, i just ride away. 

My first horse death was due to stupid fucking A.I. 
    I was walking down a small dock to reach a chest at the end of it. Stupid horse tries to follow me, falls off the edge and into the insta-kill waters below. I wrangled a new one and that one got killed by a damn couger. 
    At that point, I decided to buy the deed for it and be done with it. 
    Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Flaboere
    @Marshmellow_Peep said:
    " @ErrorOperator said:
    First time that happened to me, I was off my horse about to offer help. the dude hops on the horse and suddenly got shot in the back a lot when "someone" dead-eyed his ass with a revolver. Since then, i don't get off my horse right away and if they seem like dick-heads, i just ride away.  My first horse death was due to stupid fucking A.I. I was walking down a small dock to reach a chest at the end of it. Stupid horse tries to follow me, falls off the edge and into the insta-kill waters below. I wrangled a new one and that one got killed by a damn couger. At that point, I decided to buy the deed for it and be done with it.  "
    You can just whistle for your horse as soon as they ride away with it, it will throw them off and return to you.
    Trnck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Trnck

Is there any other horse that is as good as the golden horse?
    I am kinda bored using the same horse the whole game...

lennylar987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lennylar987

My first horse decided to chase me during the stallion mission and plummeted in a canyon.  I think it was jealous, and rightfully so cuz I was gonna leave him for the new horse anyways

zymase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By zymase
    @mazik765 said:
    " I lost my first horse to a fucking mountain lion...god I hate those things. "
    Same here, out of nowhere a cougar killed my Kentucky Saddler.  Dozens of its kin have paid for its transgression.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.