Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Patch 1.02

eloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By eloj

Just FYI, just got patch 1.02 (PS3, 16MiB). Haven't found any release notes.

Internet says:
     * Mo van Barr fixed.

* XP from doing hideouts nerfed.

(EDIT: Change log now here

"The main issues fixed by the title update are as follows:

• Resolved various NAT incompatibility issues (Click here for tips on how to optimize your firewall settings)
    • Improved connectivity to multiplayer for users with slower connections
    • Improved reporting for Shootout and Gang Shootout games
    • Fixed instance where Mo Van Barr would not appear as a bounty
    • Fixed multiplayer titles not appearing for some users in the outfitter
    • Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
    • Fixed Issue with hogtied victims disappearing when ragdolled
    • Fixed crash in Free Mode when cooking dynamite and going into the water
    • Fixed audible glitch at the end of some cutscenes
    • Fixed Solomon's Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late
    • Corrected Social Club 100% Tracker so stats update properly
    • Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches
    • Eliminated miscellaneous game crashes

Additionally, this update includes support for a new playlist by popular demand, Hardcore Free Roam supporting only expert aim.  This playlist will be released once this title update has time to propagate on both consoles.  We will update this post with the word as soon as that playlist is confirmed as functional."

EDIT: Yup, I slept in Armadillo, and what do you know, up comes the Mo van Barr poster. Finally got the Deadly Assassin outfit.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

yeah same

Stupot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Stupot

I really wish they hadn't nerfed the hideout xp, it allready took about 140 runs of pikes basin to get from 1 to 50. -.-"

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

I actually let out a ''ooh?'' when I saw the patch update notification pop up. And finally can I style around in the deadly assassin outfit! MP I haven't been on yet though since I never bothered with simply spamming hideouts I probably won't notice much of a difference.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

If you can't get XP form doing hideouts, what can you do to get XP like that? The hideouts are fun but if I'm getting nothing from them, I don't see what the point is in doing them a million more times.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai

XP from doing hideouts nerfed.   

God fuck that. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " If you can't get XP form doing hideouts, what can you do to get XP like that? The hideouts are fun but if I'm getting nothing from them, I don't see what the point is in doing them a million more times. "
    Wait so now it's zero XP?? I figured it was just severely lowered. And as for alternate ways of getting XP, the competitive can really help push you up the ranks. It's definitely where I've gotten most of my XP I'd say. I'm at about level 37 now.
    Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I just got XP from doing Twin Rocks but it does seem to be about a third less than before.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee
    @Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:
    " I just got XP from doing Twin Rocks but it does seem to be about a third less than before. "
    It's better off I'd say. Least now it may force people to try out the pvp modes. There's far too little players in there while there was whole squads who would just spam solomons folly ect.
    Stupot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stupot
    @Abyssfull said:

" @HandsomeDead said:

" If you can't get XP form doing hideouts, what can you do to get XP like that? The hideouts are fun but if I'm getting nothing from them, I don't see what the point is in doing them a million more times. "
    Wait so now it's zero XP?? I figured it was just severely lowered. And as for alternate ways of getting XP, the competitive can really help push you up the ranks. It's definitely where I've gotten most of my XP I'd say. I'm at about level 37 now. "
    No its not zero but yes servely lowered. But it was the only way to swiftly lvl up, having just hit lvl 50 for a second time, it has taken me a long time and making it harder to get xp seems 
    unnecessary.
    MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MOAB

i just went to my third prestige yesterday... i was getting an average of about 2900xp at twin rocks. i'm only getting about 600xp now.

:|

Lego_My_Eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Lego_My_Eggo

lowering the xp seams unnecessary. unless im mistaken, all the stuff you gain from leveling only stays in free roam. slowing people down so they have to take more time to get any of the good weapons/horses is just annoying and not helping. a game that has obviously uneven weapons and is open world has no real need for a leveling system in the first place.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yummylee
    @Lego_My_Eggo said:
    " lowering the xp seams unnecessary. unless im mistaken, all the stuff you gain from leveling only stays in free roam. slowing people down so they have to take more time to get any of the good weapons/horses is just annoying and not helping. a game that has obviously uneven weapons and is open world has no real need for a leveling system in the first place. "
    The leveling system is just to give you something to strive for. A reason to keep you playing to unlock all the extras. And the character skins do carry onto the free for all pvp modes, though yeah the weapons and mounts are solely for the free roam. But now it makes more sense. To get the most out of free roam you are to play more of the pvp because of it's, now, increased XP gain. Spamming hideouts was just ridiculous.
    MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MOAB

^^^

how much has the xp increased in pvp?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yummylee
    @MOAB:  
    It hasn't increased, I just meant now in comparison to the gang hideout XP.
    MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MOAB

too bad

i haven't played much pvp, but i'm pretty sure hideouts still trump it in xp gain. "hold your own" is pretty cool, but i don't care much for the rest.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie
    @Abyssfull said:

" @Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

" I just got XP from doing Twin Rocks but it does seem to be about a third less than before. "
    It's better off I'd say. Least now it may force people to try out the pvp modes. There's far too little players in there while there was whole squads who would just spam solomons folly ect. "
    Actually I mis-spoke, I'm getting about a third of the XP I usually get from gang hideouts. True, pvp is pretty dead but that's not really my thing anyway. When I feel the need to be constantly killed by someone a third of my age I play Halo. LOL! This is probably about it for me in multiplayer. I prestiged once and managed to do all the challenges that interest me. I'm not going to chase the last few achievements on this one.
    Lego_My_Eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lego_My_Eggo
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Lego_My_Eggo said:
    " lowering the xp seams unnecessary. unless im mistaken, all the stuff you gain from leveling only stays in free roam. slowing people down so they have to take more time to get any of the good weapons/horses is just annoying and not helping. a game that has obviously uneven weapons and is open world has no real need for a leveling system in the first place. "
    The leveling system is just to give you something to strive for. A reason to keep you playing to unlock all the extras. And the character skins do carry onto the free for all pvp modes, though yeah the weapons and mounts are solely for the free roam. But now it makes more sense. To get the most out of free roam you are to play more of the pvp because of it's, now, increased XP gain. Spamming hideouts was just ridiculous. "
    i get why there is a leveling system, its just that this game appears to have no real need for it. in call of duty when you unlock something it stays with you in every game mode, and more importantly the weapons are more even. if you unlock something in this game its only used in free roam, the only mode in the game where your just messing around having fun. and its not fun riding a donkey with a six-shooter getting taken out by a zebra rider with a high powered pistol.

i agree spamming hideouts was stupid. but if you lower my xp in free roam give me more xp in the other game modes, that way i earn my stuff and can have fun in free roam and they get more people in pvp.
    Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I used to get around 2200 to 2300 XP from Pike's Basin, now I only  get 1900. The couple hundred that get lost add up quick, damn.

Superman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superman64

@Abyssfull said:

It's better off I'd say. Least now it may force people to try out the pvp modes. There's far too little players in there while there was whole squads who would just spam solomons folly ect. "

People shouldn't be forced to do modes they don't like. I mean people paid for this after all and if you are on a 360...you're also paying to be online. I am not a fan of the competitive modes...they all feel poorly designed. I like Free Roam however...and this XP gimping of hideouts was unnecessary.
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By RichardLOlson

What the fuck???  Do you have to download the patch?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By jakob187
    @eloj said:
    "XP from doing hideouts nerfed"
    FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU 

Never gonna hit level 50 now...
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By RichardLOlson

This is bullshit, again do you have to download this patch or is it already on there?

Lego_My_Eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lego_My_Eggo
    @RichardLOlson said:
    " This is bullshit, again do you have to download this patch or is it already on there? "
    if your asking if the patch is live then yes it is
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Capum15
    @jakob187 said:
    " @eloj said:
    "XP from doing hideouts nerfed"
    FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  Never gonna hit level 50 now... "
    This.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By MooseyMcMan

What?!?!!? Less XP from hideouts?!!? Crap, if I had known that was going to happen, I would have grinded more and leveled up... :( Now I am the sad face.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ravenousrattler

i'm glad i got to lvl 50 last week, it took forever. I just logged in today and was noticing the xp difference, 300 less for most gang hideouts, and cutting twin rocks in half . Gimping the the xp from gang hideouts is not cool rockstar, not cool.

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ApolloJ85

I'm now having more problems with connections after patch has been applied. Not to mention the game is noticeably less populated in Free Roam and PvP. What the hell?

Victor018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By Victor018

If you you clear your system cache on xbox, it will delete this patch and then you can just play offline system link and get the same xp as before.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By face15

They really should be making the competitive modes more worthwhile rather than making the hideouts less worthwhile. Make kills worth 100XP, so people are getting 1000-2000XP per match which is comparable to the time:xp ratio of doing hideouts.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Yummylee
    @Superman64 said:
    "  @Abyssfull said:
    People shouldn't be forced to do modes they don't like. I mean people paid for this after all and if you are on a 360...you're also paying to be online. I am not a fan of the competitive modes...they all feel poorly designed. I like Free Roam however...and this XP gimping of hideouts was unnecessary. "
    Well you're not being literally forced...it just means that you'll have to spam the hideouts even more so for XP if you avoid the pvp completely...and frankly if people were willing to spam them as often as they were initially, I doubt a load more runs wouldn't change much.
    MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MOAB
    @Victor018 said:

" If you you clear your system cache on xbox, it will delete this patch and then you can just play offline system link and get the same xp as before. "

you, sir, are gentleman and a scholar!

------

i was just reading online that system link wasn't working until they patched it... no dice?
    Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mariek430
    @MOAB said:
    " @Victor018 said:

" If you you clear your system cache on xbox, it will delete this patch and then you can just play offline system link and get the same xp as before. "

you, sir, are gentleman and a scholar!  ------  i was just reading online that system link wasn't working until they patched it... no dice? " 

Pretty sure that was one of the first patchs they did when the game came out. This is probably an idiot question but can I do this offline system link stuff with one xbox?
    schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By schizogony

FINALLY 
    HARDCORE 
    FREE ROAM 

(and by finally I mean hopefully soon)

eloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By eloj

Probably their idea is to bump the XP rewards in hardcore. Would make sense, wouldn't it?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Yummylee
    @schizogony said:

" FINALLY HARDCORE FREE ROAM !  (and by finally I mean hopefully soon) "

Do want very much! It'll least make the high power pistol not such an overpowered pistol. I actually find the volcanic pistol much easier for head shots, strangely enough.
    Victor018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Victor018
    @Mariek430: 

yes, you can play system link with only one xbox.
    ealasaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By ealasaid

Some instructions someone made to combat R* and their XP nerf.  Someone mentioned it in an earlier post I think.
     http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-how-to-get-non-nerfed-xp-again

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MOAB

No Caption Provided
    ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By ribeye

i have yet to be able to get the patch, it starts downloading fine and gets to some random percent, then freezes....tried it at least a dozen times 

oh well i just beat it last night
    kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kylekrueger

the fact that they reduced xp from hideouts is unlucky, I'm on the last legend and now its gunna take twice as long to finish it up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.