Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Some questions regarding Undead Nightmare.

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By applet0n

I recently started the Undead Nightmare DLC for Red Dead Redemption and am really starting to get into it. That being said, I've had questions with regards to saving the towns. When the different towns get overrun, they get to different stages of danger, but if you leave them be until all the survivors die are there any serious long-term consequences? I'm getting fed-up with continually having to go back and save everyone, and was wondering how the game deals with the issue. If I leave it be will the city be wiped out entirely for the duration of the game? Or will there just be a greater number of zombies waiting for me?

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TwoLines

Shit, I just strted playing it, so I can't help you there. But I'd also like to know this. Anyone?

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By maskedarcstrike

Once a town is overrun and the survivors are dead it's gone forever.  So if you want the spinning plates achiev/trophy you wanna try to stay on top of the towns when they get attacked.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee
    @maskedarcstrike said:
    " Once a town is overrun and the survivors are dead it's gone forever.  So if you want the spinning plates achiev/trophy you wanna try to stay on top of the towns when they get attacked. "
    No it isn't, it's just labelled as ''Lost''. You can still head over and temporarily remove the undead there to have it become ''Safe'', allowing for the trophy/achievement. 

There's really no point in going to save the survivors besides the first time you enter the town, since it's easier just to handle it all yourself in the first place.
    Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By maskedarcstrike
    @Abyssfull: Ohh, I never let any of the towns fall but I heard elsewhere that you lose em forever if they fall.  Guess I heard the wrong info.
    yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By yyZiggurat
    @Abyssfull said:

"No it isn't, it's just labelled as ''Lost''. You can still head over and temporarily remove the undead there to have it become ''Safe'', allowing for the trophy/achievement.  There's really no point in going to save the survivors besides the first time you enter the town, since it's easier just to handle it all yourself in the first place. "

Yeah, that's how I got that trophy after I lost Thieves' Landing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.