Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Which Animals Have Uses Other Than Money?

kagai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By kagai

Does anyone know which animals have uses other than selling them for money.  It's mentioned in game that there are people in the game world that can do things with different animal parts.  I don't want to sell something that will be useful later, but I do want to sell parts that won't be.

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dustpan

Create your very own Frankenstein.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @kagai:  As far as i know : 

• All animals can be skinned, and that skin can be sold 
    • Horses / Donkeys are for riding, and dragging lasso'd people around 
    • You can collect bird feathers
    • The rest of the animals are for fighting and skinning. You cant use them in any other way.. You just get to enjoy watching them fight over food, fight you, etc..
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Ahmad_Metallic: There's a sort of tutorial part at the beginning explaining skinning and it says you "may" be able to use animal skins for "other uses" or something along those lines. So I'd kinda like to know as well which I should keep. I'm hording them so far, haven't sold one. 

Maybe GameFAQS or some site has a guide up about this.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic: There's a sort of tutorial part at the beginning explaining skinning and it says you "may" be able to use animal skins for "other uses" or something along those lines. So I'd kinda like to know as well which I should keep. I'm hording them so far, haven't sold one.  Maybe GameFAQS or some site has a guide up about this. "
    Maybe you can manufacture thongs using them ?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic: There's a sort of tutorial part at the beginning explaining skinning and it says you "may" be able to use animal skins for "other uses" or something along those lines. So I'd kinda like to know as well which I should keep. I'm hording them so far, haven't sold one.  Maybe GameFAQS or some site has a guide up about this. "
    Maybe you can manufacture thongs using them ? "
    Dude... armadillo skin thongs. Think about it.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Can you train a dog to lick your balls in this game?

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By one_2nd
    @JJWeatherman: I don't see a reason to hold them. Money is scarce in the beginning and there are animals everywhere. I've sold everything I got and have like $700.  

Also, is it me, or is it annoying watching your character do the same skinning animation over and over and over? It's really starting to bother me. Also what animal is worth the most? For me so far it was the bobcat. 
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @one_2nd said:
    " @JJWeatherman: I don't see a reason to hold them. Money is scarce in the beginning and there are animals everywhere. I've sold everything I got and have like $700.   Also, is it me, or is it annoying watching your character do the same skinning animation over and over and over? It's really starting to bother me. Also what animal is worth the most? For me so far it was the bobcat.  "
    Yeah I have like $250, maybe I should be selling them. I hate shooting all those animals though, I feel bad for them. 

Also, I'd guess grizzly bears are worth a lot, if not the most.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

Dude... armadillo skin thongs. Think about it. "
    thats disgusting!
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By one_2nd
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @one_2nd said:
    " @JJWeatherman: I don't see a reason to hold them. Money is scarce in the beginning and there are animals everywhere. I've sold everything I got and have like $700.   Also, is it me, or is it annoying watching your character do the same skinning animation over and over and over? It's really starting to bother me. Also what animal is worth the most? For me so far it was the bobcat.  "
    Yeah I have like $250, maybe I should be selling them. I hate shooting all those animals though, I feel bad for them.  Also, I'd guess grizzly bears are worth a lot, if not the most. "
    I figured that but I haven't been able to find one yet. When I find one I'll post the price here. 
    Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Trilogy
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

Dude... armadillo skin thongs. Think about it. "
    Now that's using protection.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By jmrwacko
    @one_2nd said:

I got a total of $22 for a single cougar kill, if I remember right. $8 hide + $8 fang + $6 meat. There's bobcats also?
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By one_2nd
    @jmrwacko said:
    " @one_2nd said:
    I got a total of $22 for a single cougar kill, if I remember right. $8 hide + $8 fang + $6 meat. There's bobcats also? "
    Once you get to Mexico they're everywhere. Idr the prices but I'm pretty sure it was worth more than that. 
    Linskanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linskanator

Uhm, i'm not sure of the uses of the animal skins or whatever, but i do know an easy way of making money, i've made about 4000 dollars in a few hours.  
    Go to around deserty areas where you can be able to locate hawks. There may be a stranger on a high mountain of such which might challenge you to shoot 4 down in a limited time, if you have "casual" aim on the options, it will be no problem. That will guarantee about $40. After locating him, there should be many hawks flying around that area and the f eathers are worth 6 dollars each, making these animals an excellent way of getting money since you get 1-4 feathers each kill. A few hours work and you'd be a rich man :)

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

honestly, if you get bear or eagle or even cougar, go sell it in mexico. You get so much more money. And there is one sidequest where asks u to get some skins and feathers and bring it to him so he can finish his flying machine.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xyzygy

When they say that certain people can use them, they're talking about some stranger missions. Like the mission called Daedelus and Son.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By ViciousReiven

This game should of had crafting, I want to make a suit out of those goddamn cougars.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @ViciousReiven said:

" This game should of had crafting, I want to make a suit out of those goddamn cougars. "

Lol it's not an RPG. I think the most expensive skin I've sold was for $18 and I'm only 50% in the game, haven't fought any bears or cougars yet, except in free roam.
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ninjakiller

The aircraft guy is the only one who's asked for parts so far, and he didn't ask for many.  After you get max something you can make vittles out  of the meat you get.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.