Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Woah, finally S-Ranked Red Dead Redemption

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Baillie

So for the past week or two, I have been playing a bunch of games, trying to finish them once and for all. Most recently it's been Red Dead Redemption. This game has a bunch of tough achievements, some of which are time consuming, whereas others are prettydamnfrustrating to get. However, today I finally passed into legend, and got that almighty S-Rank.Ah, it feels good.

Anyone else got a game they have recently finished after a long time, or planning to? My next long-winded game is most likely going to be Gears of War 2, however I'm thinking of working on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Borderlands and Saw II: Flesh & Blood while I grind out 100,000 kills and try to attain my wings.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Baillie

So for the past week or two, I have been playing a bunch of games, trying to finish them once and for all. Most recently it's been Red Dead Redemption. This game has a bunch of tough achievements, some of which are time consuming, whereas others are prettydamnfrustrating to get. However, today I finally passed into legend, and got that almighty S-Rank.Ah, it feels good.

Anyone else got a game they have recently finished after a long time, or planning to? My next long-winded game is most likely going to be Gears of War 2, however I'm thinking of working on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Borderlands and Saw II: Flesh & Blood while I grind out 100,000 kills and try to attain my wings.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Good work!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Baillie

@MooseyMcMan: Why, thank you.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

I will never get the multiplayer ones. Especially the poker ones considering I don't know how to play poker at all.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Enigma777

Still need to finish my second replay. Damn Mexico...

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Baillie

@CL60 said:

I will never get the multiplayer ones. Especially the poker ones considering I don't know how to play poker at all.

Haha, the poker one was the last multiplayer one I got myself. After that I had to grind out the 500 kills on a mounted machine gun, then finally decided to pass into legend. This has probably got to be my proudest S-Rank.

@Enigma777: Second playthrough, how come? Or are you just doing it because the game is pretty awesome?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Enigma777

@Baillie: Beat it when it first came out on my PS3 and sold it but I didn't know about the after credits part so I decided to get it and finish it again (this time on 360 for the better foliage) all the way to the end. I also still have yet to play the Undead Nightmare thing...

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Baillie

@Enigma777: Undead Nightmares is surprisingly one of the best DLCs I've ever played in a game. Have fun with it!

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

Nice!

But now I'm reminded that I lost my save from Red Dead thanks to my PS3 croaking :(

I guess that's as good an excuse as any to replay it.

Anyway, as I've recently discovered Mass Effect, I'm currently going for S-rank on the original before moving on to part 2.

EDIT: Also, now's not a bad time to clean up on Gears 2 achievements, what with the 20x XP they've got going on now.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By NegativeCero

You are much more patient than I, sir. I thought the multiplayer in Red Dead was bad though, so I don't feel bad for not going for more points

Edit: That goes double if you manage to S-rank Borderlands and manage to collect those stupid random claptrap drops. And Moxxi's Underdome Riot wasn't too great either.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude

That's a pretty cool achievement. Congrats and cool game too. Really liked that one. No way I would ever get that many achievements, I didn't finish some the in-game achievements, but played the crap out of that game.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Fucking Five Finger Fillet. I'm no good at that game, and it's keeping me from an S-Rank.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By david3cm

I decided to go for it for Arkham City. No annoying multiplayer achievements, but god damn there alot of riddler trophies to find.

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

i still need to buy the rest of the DLC before i make my push, it's pretty much the only Rockstar game i plan on S-ranking.

i'm also on a binge of trying to s-rank some games, Vanquish, Borderlands, Batman AA: GOTY, and Oblivion currently on my list

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Baillie

@LiquidSaiyan3: I thought I mentioned Mass Effect. I'm only a few achievements(trophies, sorry!) off my S-Rank. However, these are for classes I never used in my playthrough so it requires me to trudge through the start again with a level 1 character. The start of mass effect with a low-leveled character is not fun at all, it's the same with ME2. I shall do it soon though, as it won't actually take long.

I would've done it earlier, but by the time I got to the stage of thinkinga bout going for that acheivement I had just played the first about 4 times and the second 3 times. That was a lot of Shepard.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

Yeah, seems fairly daunting. I'm only on my second playthrough and hit a little bit of a wall on Pinnacle Station. I see lots o' grinding in my future....

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Baillie

@PrivateIronTFU: Is that needed for the 100%? That sucks, I found it pretty easy. It's all about remembering the pattern.

@david3cm: Mentioning Arkham City makes me extremely jealous. I want that game so badly. Have fun, think about me when you are collecting all those trophies! :(

@Bam_D_Leprechaun: I've never played Vanquish, worth a shot? I'm also 3 achievements away from S-Ranking Borderlands, can you guess which 3? :P Oh, and Oblivion. Yes. I think I may just have to dig that out of my collection and finish it. I loved that game, I have no idea why I barely did anything in it, although I felt I played it for ages...

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Baillie

@LiquidSaiyan3: You know, when I first went to the pinnacle station, I too was overwhelmed. However, once I went back with my max'd Shepard, I blew through them and enjoyed my new home on the moon. I can't actually remember where you get that house, but I'm sure you see the Earth from it? I forget.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Oh man, me and a couple friends got How the West was Won back when they had a 3X experience thing going on (at least I think it was 3X).  We just kept doing the Tesoro Azul gang hideout over and over again, and even with the multiplier it took forever.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Crono11

Good luck on getting Seriously 2.0. I had mine kinda glitch and reset my progress back about 30,000 kills, so I gave up on getting it.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Baillie

@PeasantAbuse: Haha, exactly what I done. I actually calculated how long it would take me to get from 1-50 if I had went passed into legend. ~120 times at Tesora Azul each taking roughly 80sec to 2min. So overall, about 4 hours tops. Sadly, the 3x XP event has finished and I am stuck with my almighty steed.

No Caption Provided
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Baillie

@Crono11: Ouch, really? My online rank has been reset a couple of times, I was at 68 when I first started playing and it got reset, more recently I was around the 50 mark. I'm now at rank 60 I think, I will be using this week's 20x event to my advantage.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PeasantAbuse
    @Baillie: Yeah I never passed into legend because I would miss my bull with the nut sack too much. 

Also I just checked my achievements on this site and it says my gamertag has been flagged as private so my achievements won't update.  Would you happen to know how to change this setting?  I was looking on Xbox.com but couldn't figure it out....
    ReaganStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ReaganStein

Congrats! This will always be a game I would love to try for the S rank, but I know sadly I'll never attain.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Baillie
    ReaganStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReaganStein

So what's next?

Edit: Derp, saw your answers previously. Good luck if you shoot for mass effect though. I know I missed out on the completionist achievement on my first playthrough and that has discouraged me from seriously going back for achievements. Granted a second playthrough after all these years is probably in order.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Baillie

@ReaganStein: The next game I'm most likely to S-Rank is probably... Saw II: Flesh & Blood. The problem with that though, is I'm not particularly enjoying it. I really did enjoy the first, but man this one is dragging. It's an easy 1000Gs, but I'm also deciding if I want to make guides for the game. If I were to do them, I'd most likely just do it for the mini-games, but I would also probably do it for the collectibles too, which actually takes a lot longer than you would expect.

I've been going around collecting and recording them, but what people don't realise, is that when I do things like this for guides, I wil take a bunch of takes, because it's not the easiest thing to show where this certain collectible is in the whole game, and I'm not one to be commenting on my videos as to me, I think people get turned off by it. If I can make it visually obvious where the item is, then I have done my job.

Here's my the first video I did for it.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Baillie: It's needed to get an outfit, which is needed to get 100% completion. And I know the pattern, but what seems to mess me up is the rhythm. I can't get my fingers to press the buttons at the correct speed.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Baillie

@PrivateIronTFU: Oh, I see. Well, I'll be on RDR tomorrow, so I'll try and make a little video tutorial for the five-finger-fillet game, hopefully it'll help in some way. :)

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By cap123

I got all the hard ones and then didn't bother with the co-op multiplayer challenge achievements! :( They seemed pretty easy too, but it was impossible to get into a room with only one other person and get him to ready up (none of my friends were playing it at the time).

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Baillie

@cap123: I just done the Advanced Co-op achievements last night, got them all done on Gold, and it was a breeze. This was with 3 other people, all of which were friends. I had tried doing them beforehand with one other person and we were awful at it, so I suggest just getting more friends to help you out on it. I'm available if you ever need any help with the achievements. :)

lionheart25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By lionheart25

Congratulations! I'm sure you are in a very limited and select group. One day I hope to S-Rank this as well. I'm trying to complete smaller games before I can focus on bigger games like Red Dead.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Baillie

@lionheart25: What games are you planning on finishing first? I'll be here to give any help you need when you play RDR, oh and thanks very much for the congratulations! :)

lionheart25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By lionheart25

: As you saw, I am creating a list of all my games that I own that I need to finish. I don't plan on tackling them in any particular order, because I want to focus on enjoying my games more rather than finishing them for the sake of finishing. But at the same time I have so many unfinished games it pains me every time I buy a new one because there is this fear that it will end up on the unfinished pile. So I think I'll try to focus on a few games at a time that I am really enjoying at the moment.

So with that being said right now NBA Jam On Fire Edition, L.A. Noire, and Halo Reach are probably the games I'm most driven to complete, but I wouldn't mind jumping into Red Dead again for those multiplayer achievements if you would want to partner up!

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By BBQBram

Although I've played the living shit out of Red Dead there's some multiplayer achievements I'll never get. I'm just not good enough at MP unfortunately.

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By INV2

Sorry for the necro-bump!

Honest to goodness reason why though...I decided to dust this amazing game off my shelf and finish it. I started it in 2011, and just got busy. It's obviously really amazing, and I've gotten really immersed. Anyway, here is my question/concern; do I have any chance of S-Ranking this now? I have NONE of the multiplayer achievements, BUT I have almost all of the single player ones. Some of which were quite difficult to get. Clearly Rockstar wants you to feel the achievement when it finally happens...anyway, in general, I hate playing multiplayer games, especially ones like this. To be honest the combat of RDR is not exactly a highlight for me. But anyway, is anyone even playing this multiplayer anymore? I am guessing many of the achievements need some group coordination to acquire?

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By MistaSparkle

My fucking horse died on my second to last mission before getting the achievement. That's when I knew the dream was dead.

Congrats to you, though! Really awesome job.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Baillie

@INV2 said:

Sorry for the necro-bump!

Honest to goodness reason why though...I decided to dust this amazing game off my shelf and finish it. I started it in 2011, and just got busy. It's obviously really amazing, and I've gotten really immersed. Anyway, here is my question/concern; do I have any chance of S-Ranking this now? I have NONE of the multiplayer achievements, BUT I have almost all of the single player ones. Some of which were quite difficult to get. Clearly Rockstar wants you to feel the achievement when it finally happens...anyway, in general, I hate playing multiplayer games, especially ones like this. To be honest the combat of RDR is not exactly a highlight for me. But anyway, is anyone even playing this multiplayer anymore? I am guessing many of the achievements need some group coordination to acquire?

Unless you're extremely lucky and manage to find some patient people along with a bunch of luck, you'll get the poker and liar's dice achievements. They are by far the hardest to get. other than that I recommend finding people to co-ordinate getting them together. Another tough one is killing... is something like killing 10 other players while playing a king of the hill type game, it's tough. I managed to do that one, but it did take me a long while.

The co-operative missions are actually pretty simple, after a few attempts you kind of understand what you're supposed to do and it just works out from there. I would say good luck, and if you ever need some help, I'd love to get on to play it again some time!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.