Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Armageddon

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

Get your ass back to Mars in the fourth installment of the environmental destruction-focused Red Faction series. In Armageddon, players go back underground for the first time since the original Red Faction.

Hey Red Faction 4 was confirmed!

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Pie
    Red Faction 4 at E3 2010 
    I dont really see how much they could improve on the first, I dont want the same art assets to be reused and the same dull background. How much more could they do without breaking the frame rate and game?
    Views? Opinions?Too soon?
    baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By baconbits33

Hmmm.... maybe they could make it First Person.... praying to go back to the old way.....

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Binman88

Maybe too soon. I got tired of the repetitive, dusty environments. If they completely changed the setting of the fourth game I'd be very interested.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Th3_James

great

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I loved Red Faction Guerrilla and I'm already interested in this sequel.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By bacongames

The only thing that bums me out is "robust online gameplay", no thanks.  Give me a good singleplayer, like Red Faction: Guerrilla, except more.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaneDev

Now to go to Earth..... again.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Make different, more complex buildings.  Improve the justweird physics.  That won't break the frame rate and make a sequel this soon perfectly acceptable.  I like Guerrilla a lot, but those improvements would pretty much make it perfect.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pie

Will this use natal and come with a big rubber hammer? If so I am sold

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pie

I dont get it, they just announced Saints row 3 for 2012 and that was released in 2008 whilst Red faction is planned to release in 2011 but was released in 2009. Does that make sense?

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bionicicide

Please tell me at the end of RF:G you were on a ship back to Earth, Mars was so bland and a grind... didn't help that the demo was the best mission of the 6 hours I spent with it before selling it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

Given that Red Faction: Guerrilla was one of the best games that came out in 2009, and I basically sold my soul for a couple months playing the shit out of that game's incredible multiplayer, I'm MORE than psyched for some more Red Faction!!!

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bubahula

i still need to play Guerrilla. keeps slipping my mind

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By beargirl1
    @jakob187 said:
    " Given that Red Faction: Guerrilla was one of the best games that came out in 2009, and I basically sold my soul for a couple months playing the shit out of that game's incredible multiplayer, I'm MORE than psyched for some more Red Faction!!! "
    totally. the multi player was very surprising i since expected the multi player to be very generic but.. well, i was addicted.  

while i haven't finished Guerrilla yet (but I finished 1 and 2) i'm stoked for a new red faction game. 
    wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By wrecks
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jakob187
    @wrecks: The first and second game did that plenty of times as well.  That's perfectly fine for me, as I loved those two games as well. 

@AjayRaz: One of the things that the Red Faction franchise was KNOWN for was its excellent multiplayer.  I never had a doubt that the multiplayer would at least be decent, but there have been a LOT of games that have come out since then which beefed up the playing field since that time.  Luckily, RFG was capable of playing on that same field, and I can only hope that they expand further on the ideas that they brought into RFG. 

Let's face it - the backpack system was an INCREDIBLE addition, and it really made it feel unique and interesting in comparison to other games. 

@baconbits33: Actually, I hope they DON'T make it first-person.  We can all agree that the market is just plain saturated with FIRST-person shooters, and having RFG in third-person just felt right.  The movement, the camera, everything was great.  If they do go first-person, then I wouldn't hate them for it.  If they offered the ability to switch between the two, that would be even better. 

@Tuffgong: I'm sure it'll have a good single player, but multiplayer has always been one of the key things in Red Faction.  Therefore, if you aren't interested in their online, you are missing out on at least 50% of the game...which also happens to be the best part of the game.
    bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By bacongames
    @jakob187:  I buy games one year late abouts and by the time I got the game, multiplayer wasn't a consideration at all.  Besides I've got my PC multiplayer mainstays I go to that are dedicated for that (currently Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor).  For me personally I have no interest in a Red Faction multiplayer because they can only do so much if they don't totally focus on it, which I don't want anyway.  I say let the single-player shine.  That's just me.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By ProfessorEss

I just beat the game like a month ago - loved it.
    I also was just playing the multiplayer a month ago - simple but pretty entertaining.

I'm totally game for another, maybe I won't wait so long to play it this time.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By project343
    @baconbits33: I hope not. I really like this new, third-person stance. I think all they need to do is add more environment variety, and spend a little more time with the multiplayer.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jakob187
    @project343: There's not a whole lot of variety you can do with Mars.  lol  I think if they had a stronger narrative that didn't feel so rushed (basically, more like Red Faction II), then the single player would've felt a bit more worthy.  It was still a good single player, but there was a lot of mythos they were building up with the Marauders and such that they just didn't build up to its true potential.  Demons of the Badlands had potential to be incredible, but that fell flat.
    wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#21  Edited By wwfundertaker

Another red faction, great.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#22  Edited By sjschmidt93

Is RF4 RF:G2?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.