Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Armageddon

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

Get your ass back to Mars in the fourth installment of the environmental destruction-focused Red Faction series. In Armageddon, players go back underground for the first time since the original Red Faction.

Not a real video review but it'll convince you to play Armageddon

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

Edited By Artie

I was going to post this as a video review, but I realized that it probably don't provide the pin point amount of information as the reading community is probably expecting. So instead I decided to post this as a blog and link it to the forums. 

Without spoiling the video, I gotta say I liked Armageddon a whole lot more after using this. I think all of you can agree hmm?
    Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Artie

I was going to post this as a video review, but I realized that it probably don't provide the pin point amount of information as the reading community is probably expecting. So instead I decided to post this as a blog and link it to the forums. 

Without spoiling the video, I gotta say I liked Armageddon a whole lot more after using this. I think all of you can agree hmm?
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

This game lost me when they took away the sandbox and the aim on destruction.Putting destruction in the back seat really annoyed me.  

One weapon cant change my mind about it. Sorry dude. 

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Artie
    @The_Laughing_Man
    I disagree with saying destruction took the back seat. 

If anything I'd say destruction is more important in this game than Guerilla. In Guerilla, it was open world so you could do whatever you want, and the natural reaction is "let's blow some stuff up." Howver, the game itself didn't require any destruction outside of side missions. Every task in Guerilla was to take over compounds, free rebels or attack bad guys. Maybe some destruction occurred along the way but it wasn't integral to the game itself . 

In Armageddon, the Magnet Gun was the equivalent of the gravity gun in this game. I used it in practically every hour of the game (last hour or so I didn't, not enough buildings around). I heard Brad's thoughts on the game and it seemed like he played through the game primarily shooting things with typical weapons he was used to. That may have been the fault of the game's for not focusing on the Magnet gun enough, but if you use the Magnet gun, it's a lot of fun. Taking a huge Behemoth and smashing him through a wall while you rebuild cover in front of you right as a rocket flies close to your face. It's awesome. 

This video was more of a joke, but I genuinely enjoy Armageddon, I like it better than Guerilla. Everyone played Guerilla in two halfs. Half when they got the game, but then the appeal dies down and you're sick of it and finish it a few months later. Armageddon I played through in two sittings and I'm already almost done with my second playthrough. It's a fun game and I think Volition's a great developer, so I have no problem promoting a game that I like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.