Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Armageddon

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

Get your ass back to Mars in the fourth installment of the environmental destruction-focused Red Faction series. In Armageddon, players go back underground for the first time since the original Red Faction.

Red Faction Armageddon's FOV is all jacked up

Dread612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dread612

So I picked up a copy of Red Faction Armageddon and this is the worst FOV I've seen in a game in a long time, WTF..... default ts set to 45.....

Anyways after some searching I found this: FOV Fix ( http://www.redfaction.com/fr/forums/topic/14265
    Here are some before and afters:

Default FOV 45:

No Caption Provided

FOV 59 

No Caption Provided

FOV 75
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Origina1Penguin

The FOV was one of the things that turned me away from the 360 version. I'll be sure to change the FOV if I ever get the game on PC. 75 is too high but 49 looks good. From the link you gave, it looks like I could tweak it to my liking though. Thanks for the tip.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By napalm

Sorry to dig up an old-ass topic, but the "fix" I found on the 360 version is just to jack up the camera/aiming sensitivity. Since the game has an auto aim function (button), there's no real reason for precision aiming. Since you are mostly surrounded by aliens, it really just speeds up the process of being able to successfully hit all of the points around you without getting too swamped.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.