Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Guerilla PC: Sound Issues

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Rasgueado

So today is release day for RF:G on the PC. If you have a 5.1 (or better) sound system, and likely Windows Vista (or later) you have already run into an issue with the game. It appears as if the 5.1 sound system doesn't actually work properly in this game. What you've likely heard is all the sound, coming from everywhere around you playing through your front speakers at their maximum volume. This is clearly not what the developers intended. 

At this point in time the only solution that seems to work, is to put your computer into 2 channel mode and play it in stereo for the time being. Someone on the official forums said that he got it to work right by fiddling with settings while in the game, but I have yet to see any positive results come from this course of action.  

No word from the Volition as of yet, but hopefully this will be resolved soon. Stay tuned for more updates.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SpecTackle

Yep, happens on XP as well with this X-Fi XtremeGamer card I have. Really doesn't bother me all that much though.

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rasgueado
    @ColumnBreaker: It doesn't bother you that all the sound is distorted/overloaded, and every sound (even ones that are far away) sound like they are happening right next to you? 
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SpecTackle
    @Rasgueado said:

" @ColumnBreaker: It doesn't bother you that all the sound is distorted/overloaded, and every sound (even ones that are far away) sound like they are happening right next to you?  "

Crap, I didn't mean to PM my reply.

No, I don't mind switching to stereo. It's fine, in stereo, really. It is incredibly obnoxious in 5.1.

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rasgueado
    @ColumnBreaker: Oh... that makes more sense. I thought you meant you didn't mind playing it with overblown stereo. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.