Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Remaster was just Announced!

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Topic got deleted while I was trying to edit :(

THQ Nordic just dropped this bombshell.

https://thqnordic.com/article/red-faction-guerrilla-re-mars-tered-edition-coming-pc-and-consoles

Are you ready to get your ass back to Mars?

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ahem

Re-Mars-Ter

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They just HAD to call it that, didn't they? Fiiine, take my moneys.

(and somebody get James Marsters on the horn. I'm sensing a marketing opportunity)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I think I got Red Faction Guerrilla on Steam for $1 a few years ago during a sale. Great game, but I don't see myself buying a remaster just for updated graphics.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like this is all thQ nordic does? I also bought it on steam for a dollar, played a couple hours and had my fill though.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By whitegreyblack

@mike: People who bought on Steam get the remarster upgrade for free

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

Eh. I was pretty disappointed by the game, but over time I did become to appreciate the soundtrack and I think the running around mars gameplay feels decent. I didn't care for the focus on destruction and I never finished the game because the story was super bland and environments weren't great (plus, you destroy everything mitigating the necessity for it to even be interesting). The vehicle design and color palette of the world was decent though. The first Red Faction is still my favorite and wish they made another one in the same vein. I might get the remaster; not sure though. I guess I would like to finish it and the remaster might have enough 'new' to grab me.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MattGiersoni

YES! I am so into this! Open world is my jam! The destruction was so amazing in this one. It was a ton of fun on PS3. A few years ago I got the new and improved "steam version" and it still holds up. I will definitely play it! Again! Armageddon was a super dissapointment being underground and kinda linear, but Guerrilla rules!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THQ Nordic: We're an original creation, like Ricky Rouse or Monald Muck!

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

THQ Nordic is a fresh company and they need to collect some more wins. I've always believed that if remasters sell well, it provides evidence that a new game would be profitable. I think the destruction engine on PS4 or PS5 hardware would be ridiculous and awesome. Can't wait to play multiplayer again as well! I never got the emu hammer in 2010

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cikame

I JUST played it again a few months ago on PC, battling audio issues throughout, but still enjoyed it.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#13  Edited By Kidavenger

I hope they aren't wasting Volition's time with this.

That studio is on in the brink and needs to put out something brilliant or bust.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think they'd have to add some content to get me to play through this again; I've already played it a few times and I don't know that I really would want to do it all from the beginning just for the sake of nicer graphics.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vienna/Austria, March 29th, 2018; THQ Nordic Red Faction Guerrilla will be fully re-Mars-tered (pun proudly intended) and released on PC, PlayStation®4 and across the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X in Q2 2018. The game will go by the name of Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered and "destruction" will remain its middle name.

Is that even a pun, really?

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played it. Should I?

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MillaJ

@dispossession: It's a fun game with a cool gimmick that doesn't wear out its welcome. The game is only about 10-20 hours. Considering how cheap it is now, it's easy to recommend.

This remaster doesn't seem very appealing for anyone who's already played it unless they add something beyond a fresh coat of paint. Not enough to shell out more money, anyway.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By csl316

It's a hell of a game. Been awhile since I played but the destruction never got old. Not just that, though, it was also a well-designed open world that seemed intent on maximizing fun. The weapon system was well done, I liked the story, and the challenge to complete everything was just right. Even the multiplayer was clever and hard to put down.

And it's the first Giant Bomb Quick Look I saw!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@millaj said:

@dispossession: It's a fun game with a cool gimmick that doesn't wear out its welcome. The game is only about 10-20 hours. Considering how cheap it is now, it's easy to recommend.

This remaster doesn't seem very appealing for anyone who's already played it unless they add something beyond a fresh coat of paint. Not enough to shell out more money, anyway.

Yeah, if you've never played it before I'd recommend giving it a whirl, with price being a caveat. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but if it's a decent remaster, it'd be fun at 20 bucks or so.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I loved that game. I still keep hoping we will see a 3.0 of that tech. Nothing wasn't fun to blow up in that game, but some stuff definitely could have been way more fun with a lot more processing power to handle more destruction.

Hope there's a quick look for this "re-mars-ter or whatever.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack said:

is this confirmed? if so that's pretty neat, just the other day I was considering playing it again, I beat it on the PS3 a looooooong time ago and really loved it, got the steam version god knows when but never touched it tough.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good game, but even with fast travel options, the driving was such a snooze (it literally put me to sleep a few times), needed *gasp* flying vehicles.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@onarum said:

@whitegreyblack said:

is this confirmed? if so that's pretty neat, just the other day I was considering playing it again, I beat it on the PS3 a looooooong time ago and really loved it, got the steam version god knows when but never touched it tough.

RPS said the same, Was just thinking about reinstalling on steam, now I have all the more reason to once it's released! I'm pumped!

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By whitegreyblack
    notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES. I love this game. It's been long enough that I'd probably play through the whole thing again. I'm in. Also, on a slightly related note, I'm a Burnout Revenge remaster or backwards compatibility announcement away from being able to ditch my 360 entirely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.