Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Would you play a Red Faction: Guerilla remaster?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Poll Would you play a Red Faction: Guerilla remaster? (85 votes)

FUUUUCK YEEEAAAHH 27%
    That'd be pretty cool 28%
    Nah I'm good 44%
    What's Red Faction: Guerilla? 1%

Red Faction Guerilla is one of my all time favorite Xbox 360 games and definitely in my top 5 of the generation. My mind was BLOWN Away when I saw the destructability of the buildings in that game.

Don't you think whoever the hell owners s Volition's IP should make a remaster? Imagine how amazing it would be if they stepped up the geomod tech!

• 
    The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Nubster

i'd love to play that game again in a more modern way. Playing through it a couple years back, the tech is still cool but is glaringly reliant on "structure points" and that makes it kind of a bummer sometimes. An entire building can hinge on a single, arbitrary column and sometimes that spoils the grand plan. If they could somehow remaster the game with more dynamic physics, I'd be all in. Otherwise, I'm more than happy to boot up my copy every now and then and just dick around.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MattGiersoni

Yeah, it's a great game! I was so happy when the publishers announced you can send them a photo of your retail copy and some other stuff and they will give you a steam key a few years ago. Thanks to that I have Dawn of War 1 and Guerrilla for free on steam now, and I remember beating it again 1-2 years ago. It's one of the coolest games, I was super wowed by the destruction when it came out! The RF: Guerrillla Steam Edition release is probably the best way to experience it today. It's basically a sort of re-release with lots of fixes and no GFWL.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Abso-fucking-lutely. The GeoMod destruction is still unrivaled today. I had so much fun with that game. It's a crime how underrated it is and shame on every single one of you who votes no.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I bought a copy on the cheap and didn't give it a fair shot (played maybe 20 minutes). Something about it failed to grab me at all.

So, no. There are so many games out there that I'd probably look past it.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

I enjoyed the original PS2 Red Faction way more for some reason. Give me a new version of that! (Yes, I realize the ps2 version is available on psn)

KavaJava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Of course! I don't even need a remaster actually. I might just go boot this game up on 360. I really want to see them make a real sequel to that game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

No. I thought the game was okay. Decent gameplay and a decent soundtrack, but the story wasn't interesting enough (although you can argue none of the Red Faction games had good stories), and the game gets repetitive in its gameplay and setting. I've tried several times to get through it but couldn't do it. My one wish for Red Faction is for them to go back to its roots. To me, the first Red Faction is still the best. Red Faction 2 was disappointing, but I was impressed that it had all those actors playing roles. I tried Armaggedon when it became backward compatible, but it was too mundane and I stopped playing it a few hours in. Guerilla is probably the second best Red Faction, but it was still very disappointing to me the direction they took with it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No. I really enjoyed it, but have no interest in going back.

Something new with similar tech, I'd be down for.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. The destructibility was neat, but it was done in a really boring environment, with boring industrial buildings. That was the only kinda interesting thing in the whole package. Like @mightyduck above, the original Red Faction was the best game in the series for me. Felt preeetty dated to go back to a few years ago when I last tried, but back in release it was a cool shooter with a neat setting. Of course the Geomode was also a really fun feature, even though the campaign didn't use even the half of it's potential and the test room was the place where I had the most fun with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.