Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction

Franchise »

Civilization on Mars is oppressed and its up to the Red Faction Rebellion to fight back. Red Faction is a unique sci-fi shooter series known for its "GeoMod" technology, which allows for extensive environmental destructibility.

Which Red Faction do you like the most?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for xcpx_bebi_primo
    xCPx_Bebi_Primo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xCPx_Bebi_Primo
    Avatar image for xcpx_bebi_primo
    xCPx_Bebi_Primo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xCPx_Bebi_Primo

I, personally, chose the first Red Faction. It's one of my favorite multiplayer games ever.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I played the RF multiplayer demo for way longer than was healthy. Because of the ability to quick-switch between the assault rifle and the rail gun, incredible shootouts would emerge in the middle of blasted canyon (the only worthwhile map on it). I moved onto the full game but power-ups and the HMG (primarily) lessened the appeal, as well as lame stuff like click-modding.
    That said, it's one of my all-time favourite multiplayer games as well.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By CaptainObvious

Strangely enough, Red Faction II.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I chose the first one. Loved the story in it, and it really took advantage of the GeoMod in the first half. Multiplayer was pretty excellent, as well. That game just brings back so many good memories, and it still holds up today. The fact that no game before Guerrilla did destruction as good as the first RF really says something about it. 

Guerrilla is definitely my second choice. The main story and world is huge and the destruction and physics are very revolutionary. The multiplayer is also unlike any other out there and it's a crime that it only lasted as long as it did. Guerrilla was easily the most overlooked and underrated game of last year. The tech in that game alone is worth some good recognition that it just didn't get.

Red Faction 2 is...well, a good game. Doesn't come close to matching the standard set by the first, but it's still a very fun game. It's too bad the campaign's use of GeoMod was so underutilized. It was basically during all the scripted sequences. The MP in that game was the best, though. The maps were fun as hell, and the ability to create and customize your own bots is something that other developers should've picked up on at the time. The only bad thing about it was you couldn't make your own tunnels like in the first.

Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lozz

The hours I spent multiplayer in that first one, creating odd eloborate tunnels and blowing stuff up. So much fun.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By DocHaus  Online

Guerrilla, if only because the story was much more open and the buildings were much more destructible than the first two. There are fewer snipers getting cheap kills and fewer people using glitches to run up the score in the multiplayer.

Also, number 2 was a load of crap because they took away the multiplayer for a simple "bot match" mode, and way too many times the in-game cutscenes would have trouble syncing up the speech and the characters' motions. OTOH, it did have Jason Statham doing a small voice-over role before he became widely-known.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By EVO

As much as I loved the first, demolishing building in Guerilla is therapeutic. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.