Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Remember Me

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Remember Me is a futuristic game set in Neo-Paris. The protagonist, Nilin, is up against a tyrant company, Memorize, with the technology to manipulate people's memory to their will. It is up to Nilin and her friends to fight against Memorize to break the bind it has on society.

Remember me didn't turn out well.

• 83 results
    JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was really looking forward to remember me, but it turned out to be a not so great beat-em up. It's gotten basically 3 out 5 from everywhere, and so another game gets added to the "I'll buy this when it's 20 bucks pile."

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Way too early to make this judgment; also reviews are a terrible way to judge games without even playing them or seeing much coverage. What would compel you to buy a not so great beat'em up if that was all the game entailed? There will be another 20 reviews up in the next few days regardless; so even by the dumbest possible approach you're still spewing too soon.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fickle feelings of gamers where 3 of 5 is a disaster.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@extomar said:

I don't think anyone said it was a disaster.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Ah, well. I'd rather wait until more reviews come out and people on the forums talk about it some.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: well it's not like some people say it's amazing and some say it's terrible. Gamepot, ign ,game trailers, destuctiod, and rev3games all gave it a 6 out 10. It is the most soildly 3 star game ever.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@extomar: To be fair 3/5 is the equivalent of 1-1.5 stars in the movie industry; but this game could wind up being a "75" on average; also plenty of 60 metacritics are just a mixture of 80's and 40's, and frequently those are some of the best games of the year. Same thing happens with movies; mixed reviews are most often the sign of a good film rather than just an "okay" one (somewhat good reviews).

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EXTomar

@baillie said:

@extomar said:

Which part of the title "Remember me didn't turn out so well" or the post does not reflect OP's sentiment that it is a disaster compared to their expectations?

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

It actually got an 8 from Polygon, so it's not all bad. I'm actually really looking forward to playing it.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@fredchuckdave said:

Way too early to make this judgment; also reviews are a terrible way to judge games without even playing them or seeing much coverage. What would compel you to buy a not so great beat'em up if that was all the game entailed? There will be another 20 reviews up in the next few days regardless; so even by the dumbest possible approach you're still spewing too soon.

@extomar said:

Considering the game is $100 here in AUS - no thank you.

I don't care what rationale you're using, because many of us do think review scores are still a valid way of gaining buying advice if sourced from places you are familiar with or if sourced via consensus (see Jeff's stance on the matter for example). Add to that my not being sure if it's a game I would be interested in in the first place, and I'd rather make comparatively informed decisions than "hey maybe you'll like it so buy it!" or "hey so the first 17 or so reviewers didn't like it much (including larger gaming websites) but maybe the next 20 will?"

Considering The Last of Us is coming out later this month (which looks significantly more promising), and with new consoles to save up for, I don't think its sensible for either of you to be questioning the OP's (albeit semi-informed) financial choices - and by extension my own.

/rant

Anywho, I agree with the OP - game looked cool, but I'll give it a pass until it's cheaper or I see coverage of it that convinces me otherwise.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EnduranceFun

@extomar: 'Didn't turn out well' is not equivocal to disaster. Hold your horses.

This is pretty sad if true, considering all the hype surrounding the female protagonist.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@extomar said:

@baillie said:

@extomar said:

Which part of the title "Remember me didn't turn out so well" or the post does not reflect OP's sentiment that it is a disaster compared to their expectations?

Didn't turn out so well implies a small disappointment, disaster implies not only a huge disappointment but an objective failing by anyone's standard. The OP didn't go anywhere near that far.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EXTomar

To be clear I am not letting this game off the hook but it is more of a comment on how fickle gamers are. They see something in a trailer and think it is the "wow cool!!" and it turns out to be an okay game instead.

Edit; ooops got my threads mixed up! Fuse or Remember Me the sentiment is still the same where market dynamics and publisher hype try to fluff up an okay game which leads to an environment where too many gamers feel 3 out of 5 is bad.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar: yeah I didn't say it turned out terrible, just not well. I had very high hopes for this game and hearing "ehhhh it's ok" from every review outlet there is, does not make me want to pay 60 bucks for it.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#16 sweep  Moderator

It looks pretty damn good, though:

No Caption Provided

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

Some of the best games ever have got 3 out of 5. Don't judge it just yet.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: rev3 is adam sessler's new place.

And if you don't like adam sessler, I have no respect for you.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soap: I agree

I'm not saying I'm not going to buy it, just not going 60 for it.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@jz said:

@fredchuckdave: rev3 is adam sessler's new place.

And if you don't like adam sessler, I have no respect for you.

Sessler is a badass. But I will say that apart from his cool vids on rev3games I care little for their coverage - I find it's pretty hit or miss in terms of my personally agreeing with anything they say.

In other news, former intern Nick works there now, so that's something?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep: I smell another ass thread in the making (but yeah game looks like it could be El Shaddai, bad/mediocre gameplay and great visual design)

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: they need to do more stuff like quicklooky things with adam would be awesome.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@geekdown: Gies points to the same flaws and repetitiveness that many of the other reviewers took to task a lot more. He really has a soft spot for these types of cyperpunk, near future setting (who doesn't). He compared it to Enslaved on Twitter which sounds about right. Flashy, pretty, flawed with some good ideas.

I'm getting a big Deus Ex: HR vibe from it. I loved the story and setting from that game, but the game play and missions were middle of the road. I may pick this up down the line when its cheap to ogle the pretty graphics on PC, but I'd rather wait a week for Last of Us than jumped into something new.

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zojirushi

"A likeable, even admirable game that tells a deeply personal story in a thoughtfully-fashioned world populated by richly detailed character models. But ultimately, it failed to challenge or excite me as a game, as all of its best ideas are confined to its overarching fiction rather than its gameplay."

That's the metacritic IGN verdict. Hell, just by the looks of that game I was totally reminded of something Ninja Theory would create and this also sounds like something Ninja Theory would create. And those games are among my favourites of this gen so consider me excited!

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

It's gotten basically 3 out 5 from everywhere, and soanother game gets added to the "I'll buy this when it's 20 bucks pile."

With all due respect, you are the worst kind of video game consumer.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Waiting for the game to go cheap is probably wise, by the sounds of things. I'm personally still very interested in playing it and really looking forward to my copy arriving tomorrow.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'll probably get it regardless cause what else am I going to play before GTA 5 comes out.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Visually it looks pretty awesome, but hearing the reviews it's a very frustrating game, not my cup of tea.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yeah, Ima wait for that Steam sale.. I was really looking forward to this, but reviews seem to be all the place and I'm not in the mood to drop $50 on something I might not enjoy and finish in a day or two.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JZ

@jouseldelka: sorry I don't want to pay 60 bucks for a ok game.

Sorry I'm not buying mulitple copies, just because it's not a sequel.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Garnett Lee was saying on twitter that he was pleasantly surprised after expecting it to be a middling game. Polygon's review made it seem like it's probably the sort of game worth investing in, since it does do interesting things that are unique and different from the norm. I'd hate to see new ideas not get the chance to develop due to poor sales.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've read a bunch of reviews now and I've flip-flopped from being interested to completely uninterested to really, really intrigued again. It seems like a game with some cool ideas among its so-so combat and on rails platforming. From what I've heard of the musical score sounds absolutely gorgeous also.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rafaelfc

If this wasn't being released so close to both Animal Crossing and The Last of Us i'd buy it day 1.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@soap said:

Word. My favorite game of all time (Nier) got a 68, Alpha Protocol got a 72 (at it's best platform), Resonance of Fate got 74 but all of those games are, personally, really fantastic.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There was a bunch of people that enjoyed Remember Me, so it ain't that bad.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

"A likeable, even admirable game that tells a deeply personal story in a thoughtfully-fashioned world populated by richly detailed character models. But ultimately, it failed to challenge or excite me as a game, as all of its best ideas are confined to its overarching fiction rather than its gameplay."

That's the metacritic IGN verdict. Hell, just by the looks of that game I was totally reminded of something Ninja Theory would create and this also sounds like something Ninja Theory would create. And those games are among my favourites of this gen so consider me excited!

Sounds like a game I'd still want to play to experience the story.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm aware that Capcom can often occupy the same consumer-hostile space where EA and Ubisoft seem to have fully entrenched themselves, but I think they have taken some brave steps lately with this, Asura's Wrath and Dragon's Dogma. I know $60 is a lot for a middling game, but I also feel like buying these games encourages them to take these kinds of risks and increases the chance of improved sequels for these interesting (but flawed) titles.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EXTomar

The more I read about Remember Me the more it sounds like the biggest problem is that it is a little short but otherwise an interesting game.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still interested.

Haliaeetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Haliaeetus

I haven't seen so many people so skeptical of a game before its release since Sleeping Dogs.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

If you're on the fence, pick up a Steam key on Green Man Gaming for $37.50 like I just did. The Polygon review won me over (and I hate Polygon and Arthur Gies).

GMG25-PLPFE-BCSAS

thetenthdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be all over this game as soon as GMG or Steam drop it to $25-$30, regardless of how good or bad the reiews are. Can't justify $60 for 6-8 hours these days, though.

It's a shame it costs as much as it seems to for voice and mo-cap content, because 7 hours seems to be the new normal for games with a voiced story. That's not a lot of content for the dough, especially since these types of games have zero replayability.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vortextk

Someone was asking me about movies recently, and they brought up the new star trek film(well, the first new star trek film). I said I thought it was ok, a fun action movie but not exactly TNG kind of stuff that I love about star trek. She asked if that amounted to about a 3/5, I said yeah, and then assumed I didn't actually like the movie lol. I had to then explain that I liked using the full 5 scale system so 3/5 is a perfectly acceptable thing that I enjoy, but have no LOVE feelings for.

In short, a 3/5 with a super interesting premise/look etc is enough for me and I could easily come out thinking it was a 2/5 or 4/5, cause that's what opinions are all about. Even if I agree with that score, that doesn't mean I'm going to hate my time with it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@fredchuckdave: I'm already committed and DL'ing it on Steam. Thanks though.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're on the fence, pick up a Steam key on Green Man Gaming for $37.50 like I just did. The Polygon review won me over (and I hate Polygon and Arthur Gies).

GMG25-PLPFE-BCSAS

Done! Thanks for the heads up!

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

@soap said:

For the record, this is the most truthful opinion. Read the text of the reviews and find out if the issues really matter to you. Many of my favorite games of the generation (including Fez, Mass Effect 3, Fallout 3, Deadly Premonition, and Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective) garnered unenthusiastic reviews in comparison to the likes of the Uncharted 2s and Skyrims of the world. That's not to say that some of my favorites aren't 5/5, 10/10 consensus titles (like Super Meat Boy or Journey) but several also are not!

To be fair, my real least favorite games of the generation (Duke Nukem Forever, Dead Island, Rage) received roughly the 6-7.5 range of reviews as well, and I honestly had more fun playing Walking Dead: Survival Instinct for an hour than I did with my goofy hour with any of those.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#49  Edited By Slag

Who the fuck is rev3games? Are they related to Driv3r (pronounced Driv-thrur)?

Adam Sessler's new outfit, they are owned by the Discovery Channel. Seem mainly like a Youtube video thing, got a couple of people from Destructoid there as well I think.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Bocam

The thing I don't like about Remember Me is how "up its own ass" the story gets. It does have a great soundtrack though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.