Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Republique

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 19, 2013

Republique is a "stealth survival" game for computers and mobile devices, and the first game by Camouflaj.

Republique now coming to PC and Mac, pledge now!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

For those of you that are interested in Republique but do not own an iPhone or iPad, I have good news. In a recent update to their Kickstarter campaign Camouflaj and Logan have announced that Republique will be coming to PC and Mac as well. Rather than do just a simple port, Ryan Payton and co are redesigning an alternate version of the game to fully take advantage of the additional platforms. If you were on the fence about pledging before or have already pledged, they've added various new reward tiers so you can pick and choose the version of the game you would like when it finally is released. Their commitment to quality and above all, immersion, has me extremely excited for this game. Hopefully this news will make some of you a little more excited too.

PC & Mac Announcement Video: http://vimeo.com/41096568

Keep Hope alive
    Keep Hope alive
    Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tidel

It's a good move. Hope for their sake this saves the Kickstarter. It was looking grim.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Tidel: Well, they've already said that no matter what happens, the game will come out. What a successful Kickstarter will allow them to do is maintain creative control over the game design and ownership of the IP.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

A whole different version for PC and Mac. And still no Android version for this game initially designed for phones. Awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

As someone who likes story focused games, I think it would be a complete bummer if the "hardcore tactical shooter" with absolutely nothing regarding plot or fiction makes it and this incredibly detailed fictional setting doesn't.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Cybexx

A day after the David Hayter and Jennifer Hale announcement, Republique has almost hit 50% funding and at the current pace it should hit that today. It might actually make it but it is going to be really tight. The big Kickstarter game projects have been able to easily generate more than $250,000 in the final days but they were also hitting their funding goals in the first 24hrs so we shall see.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By onan

Yeah, 3 days to go and still $200,000 left. Not sure how this is going to go.

I think the big problem is the reward tiers. Most of these are designed to fold in the previous tiers, but for this one, if you want to get the logical things: Both versions, the soundtrack and documentary, that's $60. That's great, but ultimately you're spending $60 on an iPhone game, which is a bit steep. At most I'd pay $30 for that, but at that price point you either have to pick iOS or desktop. There's no logical combination of the two ($40? discount bundle to $35? anything?).

Also, holding out until $100 for a mention in the credits is kind of rough. That's a big selling point for a lot of people, something that you can't get on sale on Steam later on. But what exactly is that novelty worth to people on a game they know nothing about?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By AlexW00d

@Brodehouse said:

As someone who likes story focused games, I think it would be a complete bummer if the "hardcore tactical shooter" with absolutely nothing regarding plot or fiction makes it and this incredibly detailed fictional setting doesn't.

Well that game was asking for 40% of what this is asking. Also, that game looked like a good game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@AlexW00d said:

@Brodehouse said:

Well that game was asking for 40% of what this is asking. Also, that game looked like a good game.

This is way farther along in development than Takedown was and it shows. This actually looks like a game. Unless you're just being a "Stop Having Fun Guys" guy because you don't like this style of game.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#10  Edited By BeachThunder

This is tense; we should start betting on whether kickstarters will succeed or not :o

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

The fact that they fought a PC version tooth and nail until they realized it might help their cause kind of makes me weary of this game. I expect if a PC\Mac version ever did ship, it would be a bare minimum sort of situation compared to the iOS version.

Hope them the best, but I'm not convinced anything worthwhile will ever come of this, even if they do get funded.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jack268

I just put in $135 for the CE with phone case. Would be a real shame if this didn't get funded. Only 24 hours remain too.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#13  Edited By LordAndrew

Target has been reached and six hours remain.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#14  Edited By BeachThunder

Yay :D if I had a party whistle, I'd be blowing it right now...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer

We made it guys wahoo!

Now I get some doofy book thing?

CottonWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CottonWolf

I backed ages ago, but I was sure that this would never get funded. It's a pleasant surprise!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.