Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 0

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 10, 2002

Resident Evil Zero is a prequel to the long running Resident Evil series, being set merely a day before the Mansion Incident of the original Resident Evil. Zero has players simultaneously control two protagonists: STARS Bravo member Rebecca Chambers, and escaped convict Billy Coen.

RE0 Remastered confirmed. Update: trailer & screenshots.

• 69 results
    ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Residen7 Evil finally?

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My cynical nature is telling em that this one wont sell well, then Capcom'll say "See? They don't want an RE2 remake! This sold like shit! REmake was a fluke!"

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I remember not really liking Zero that much, mostly due to the inventory management. I will still probably get this as I never actually finished it.

At this point, I don't really want a Resident Evil 2 remake, because they would probably find a way to fuck it up immensely. There's no way they would give it the same treatment as what the REmake was to the original game. Or maybe they would...I dunno anymore. I definitely WOULD love that Onimusha HD collection, though.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Hopefully this is a sign they are realizing the RE5/6 formula sucks and the next one will actually be survival horror.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis remastered. Psx 480i graphics bumped up to 1080p witness all the polygon shapes in all its glory.

Cannot wait.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@zolroyce said:

Hah, the minute I saw that video in my subs when I woke up I was like "well, let's see when YummLee makes a thread f- oh it's already up"

As others have said, RE2 wold of course have been nice but I'm on board for this, I got into the RE games late, sometime after Code Veronica X (PS2) so I didn't get a chance to play any of the originals but had always wanted too, but as time went on it became harder/more of a hassle to attempt to do so, so having remakes/masters of them is fantastic for me, now I finally get to experience them and wanted to play them all.

So hey, bring it on, also I love train levels in games.

Double also it might be fun to play an old school RE that isn't a maze... unless it still is somehow, I mean it's a train, forward and backward? Maybe a few cars with an up and down? Ah hell, it's Resident Evil, there is probably a secret secondary train running under the first train to double the length and make it confusing.

The train segment isn't actually the bulk of the game. It's a sizeable chunk but the big HUB of the game is an Umbrella Training Facility, which... is designed awfully similar to a mansion you could say.

@donutfever said:

Ibut the amount of inventory spaces really killed that game for me. I don't really have an interest in playing another game with those problems,

That's actually not as big an issue in RE:0 because unlike previous games you can actually drop items you don't need on the floor and they stay there for you to grab later. Not to mention you have control of both characters at the same time throughout most of the game so the inventory is twice as big as it usually is.

There's no inventory boxes, however, and they also reintroduce items/weapons that take up two slots. Even though allowing you to place items on the floor was a neat idea, it still ultimately made for a really cumbersome system that frankly pales to the accessibility of the classic inventory box method in the other games.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57  Edited By Nodima

@zolroyce said:

Hah, the minute I saw that video in my subs when I woke up I was like "well, let's see when YummLee makes a thread f- oh it's already up"

As others have said, RE2 wold of course have been nice but I'm on board for this, I got into the RE games late, sometime after Code Veronica X (PS2) so I didn't get a chance to play any of the originals but had always wanted too, but as time went on it became harder/more of a hassle to attempt to do so, so having remakes/masters of them is fantastic for me, now I finally get to experience them and wanted to play them all.

So hey, bring it on, also I love train levels in games.

Double also it might be fun to play an old school RE that isn't a maze... unless it still is somehow, I mean it's a train, forward and backward? Maybe a few cars with an up and down? Ah hell, it's Resident Evil, there is probably a secret secondary train running under the first train to double the length and make it confusing.

the train is just the first act.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Getz

Stop buying these! Capcom is going to keep making them instead of real games as long as you keep shelling out money.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

i wish more games were announced like that.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: @yummylee: Awwww, well, at least it wasn't entirely unexpected, an old school RE would probably feel a little naked without something to get lost in anyways.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61  Edited By poobumbutt

@csl316: Damn right, duder.

Hopefully when that happens (and it WILL, right Capcom?!), my fellow Canadian Alyson Court can return as Claire, having been absent from Revelations 2. Also, a humble suggestion: Ed Blaylock as Brian Irons. God, I just realized this is my dream game...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Damn right, duder.

Hopefully when that happens (and it WILL, right Capcom?!), my fellow Canadian Alyson Court can return as Claire, having been absent from Revelations 2. Also, a humble suggestion: Ed Blaylock as Brian Irons. God, I just realized this is my dream game...

I'm still really disappointed that she wasn't asked to return for Revelations 2. She was the last remaining 'classic' VA for these games, after having quite literally voiced the character in every single prior appearance. Obviously she's not a great VA or anything, but she had become so synonymous with the character that it's tough to hear the character under a different voice.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@yummylee: I don't think I can handle this bad VA talk; my world is crumbling. RE2 and by extension, Court, was such an important part of my childhood. Besides, I saw RE Degeneration. She's alright in that.

I should disclose that I'm probably the most biased person about this ever, not just for the aforementioned reason, but because Court also played the classic, leading role of Loonette in the Citizen Kane-esque character study which is The Big Comfy Couch (Canadian thing). It's similarly in the top five most formative medias in my life.

In other words, STEP OFF MAH GURL!

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm still waiting for the second to come out as a remastered.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped for the sake of trailer and screenshots!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By hassun
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: It seems about what I expected. I was always certain this was going to be a well done remastering given the attention to detail the remake saw. It's just too bad that no amount of graphical spit shine can help comb over all of its many other problems.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@yummylee: I finally started playing Dino Crisis, seems pretty fun.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I haven't even gotten around to snapping up the REmake and this is already nearly out, looks pretty spiffy. I'll be very curious to return to this one since it's right behind Code Veronica in the pantheon of main line Resident Evil games I've only beaten at a minimum of two or three times. I wanna say I only beat RE0 once and Code Veronica has three play-throughs because I played the 360 re-release early last year (still don't like it much as it turns out!) so I wonder if I'll find a new appreciation for this game or still kinda sorta don't like it.

Least I still have the REmake to play again when I get around buying it, maybe a digital bundle on the xbox one store containing REmake and 0 will go on sale a few months after this drops and snatch it up then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.