Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 03, 2020

A remake of the 1999 survival horror classic, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

Is this game Worth It For Under $20?

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OceanEve

So xbox is having a 'Ultimate Gane Sale' atm and I saw this game for 15.99 and I'm curious if people think it's worth it for that price. I heard pretty mixed things about it, when it came out, but I've never played the OG RE3, but I played the remake of 2 and I loved it! Also I have an xbox series s, so I'm not too concerned about performance.

What do y'all think? 🥰

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Ginormous76

Very. It came with an online game (whose name I have forgotten), and a lot of people would say that package wasn't worth $60. I've always said RE3R standalone is worth $40, but it's easily worth $30. So, $16 is quite the steal. You enjoyed RE2R, I would expect you to enjoy RE3R, especially at the price.

I might buy this a second time on Xbox for that price. I played it on PS4.

MisterFrodo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll echo that and say it's definitely worth that price. I bought it for around $20 and didn't regret it, even though I only ended up completing it once (though I'm thinkingof revisiting with the new-gen upgrade now out). It's not at the level of RE2R, but it's still a lot of fun.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@ginormous76: The fact that Capcom abandoned that multiplayer was INCREDIBLY disappointing. It had a fantastic take on the 4v1 formula that just needed some tweaking and attention, and Capcom literally tossed it out on the ice floe to float away.

Under $20 is a fantastic deal, the core game is solid, there's just only about 6-8 hours of it and not a ton of replay value.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

It's not as good as 2 but it's still fun. So, yes. Go for it.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@undeadpool: I highly agree. I had fun with it for about 10-20 hours. It had some fun concepts.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@undeadpool: I highly agree. I had fun with it for about 10-20 hours. It had some fun concepts.

Kind of amazing how little blowback there was from that. It was on there to justify the pricetag, and they did less than nothing with it. Good timing, as something tells me: any other year, they'd have been issuing refunds or at least store credit.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The only Resident Evil that I've latched on to was 5, but, yes; not taking my personal taste into account, but knowing how well the game was received.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Resident Evil 3 remake is great, but it's in the unfortunate position of living in 2's shadow and being about half as long or shorter. It should have been a thirty dollar expansion and not a full $60 game because it's so short, but the 3-6 hours you'll spend playing it are absolutely worth $20 if you liked 2

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The RE3 remake was totally fine, it was just a tough act to follow RE2’s remake. It wasn’t as good of base material to work with and was naturally a shorter game due to not being two characters, but really, it was good, just not as good. $20 or less is a good deal for it.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

everyone has pitched their 2 cents, but I'll have to agree that 15~ is a good price for that right now, since 2 was good for ya this'll fit right up there too. 😉

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hell yeah, a few days later but I loved it. It's the tightest big budget single player campaign I've played in years.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Like the others said, the RE3 remake is a good one. Its action packed from beginning to end. Its also a good companion to the RE2 remake, tying both games together. It also comes with a decent online game that many people are still playing today.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.