Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Demo impression

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Unreal_dro

Its really amazing. my early pick for goty 09.

The controls take a bit getting used to (thanks Gears2) cause you cant move and aim just like re4. but after 5 mins its feels great. the graphics are amazing, the open desert looks really good, reminds me a bit of Fallout3. and the new motions blur looks really good. havent tried co-op yet.

theres ALOT more enemies on screen now compared to 4. and since you cant pause the action during switching items/weapons the gameplay is alot more hectic.

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Damonation

Oh god they need to put the ps3 demo out! Nice screen shots. Hows the partner AI?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Damonation said:
    "Oh god they need to put the ps3 demo out! Nice screen shots. Hows the partner AI?"
    its on the japanese store aparently, make a fake account! i'm doing one later! lol
    Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Damonation
    TwoOneFive said:
    "Damonation said:
    "Oh god they need to put the ps3 demo out! Nice screen shots. Hows the partner AI?"
    its on the japanese store aparently, make a fake account! i'm doing one later! lol"
    I just checked the Japanese store and I can't find it. But I'll check again.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zitosilva

How do you feel about it? Is it just RE 4 with a fresh coat of paint or do you think they've added some good new elements?

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Unreal_dro
    TwoOneFive said:
    "Damonation said:
    its on the japanese store aparently, make a fake account! i'm doing one later! lol"
    its only on live. PSN is demo isnt coming for another few weeks
    Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Unreal_dro
    zitosilva said:
    "How do you feel about it? Is it just RE 4 with a fresh coat of paint or do you think they've added some good new elements?"
    It feels alot more faster paced and smooth.
    a bit like gears2. the shoot em in the face run up combo is alot more effective since you have alot more moves than just a kick (uper cut, punch etc)

the partner AI is good, but she seems to be more concerned with healing you than shooting the enemies.
    Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Verdugo

"and since you cant pause the action during switching items/weapons the gameplay is alot more hectic."

Like in Dead Space?

Oh snap. This is going to be difficult. But I can't wait for this game.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Fosssil

Can anyone confirm if you can use a 48-hour Gold Account to access the demo? I don't have any 1-months left and really don't want to go out and buy one just to play this.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Unreal_dro said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "How do you feel about it? Is it just RE 4 with a fresh coat of paint or do you think they've added some good new elements?"
    a bit like gears2. the shoot em in the face run up combo is alot more effective since you have alot more moves than just a kick (uper cut, punch etc)

the partner AI is good, but she seems to be more concerned with healing you than shooting the enemies.
    "
    hmmm. i don't like having a partner, it ruins the alone fear thing that was going on in all the others. but who knows. as long as they don't abandon the puzzle elements from the first 3, and make it feel frantic and like you barely surviving attacks then im down with it. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive

it sounds like theyve snagged some ideas from Dead Space, like not allowing you to pause to access the menu, that was a huge yet very subtle feature in Dead Space that really kept the immersion high. 

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Unreal_dro
    TwoOneFive said:
    "Unreal_dro said:
    "zitosilva said:

"
    hmmm. i don't like having a partner, it ruins the alone fear thing that was going on in all the others. but who knows. as long as they don't abandon the puzzle elements from the first 3, and make it feel frantic and like you barely surviving attacks then im down with it. "
    Theres alot of zombies on the screen at the same time, even with 2 players its damn hard, and you have to constantly revive / heal / pick up each other when a horde comes after you (sorta like left 4 dead)
    Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Unreal_dro

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.