Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Getting splitscreen to span the full TV

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ducksworth

So I just got back from purchasing a PS3 and I bought RE5 Gold edition (PS3). Sadly, when I tried to play bro-op the game only spanned a tiny portion of the screen. After doing some research it seems like the problem can be solved by lowering the resolution of the game but whenever I try to do anything in the Video settings, it always pushes me back to 1080p (and then when I start the game, 720). Does anyone happen to know I can change the resolution?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

I have both the PS3 and 360 version, had the PS3 version first, but since you could only use one profile on PS3, had to get the 360 version so my brother and I could both get achievements. Anyways, I don't think you can do that. I've tried before. Did you deselect everything other than 480p on the video settings menu and make sure it was saved? Other than that, just don't try, play it as is, it's not that bad. I wish I could give you good advice, but that's not going to happen. I've been in the same spot, but got over it. I read that you can also try deselecting the stuff on the console, but also have to change the setting on your TV, but that's not something I can do, or don't want to even try; sounds dumb.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ducksworth

Thanks, I managed to get it down to 480p but that didn't seem to solve the problem. I'm sure I'll get used to it, probably just frustrated by the strange controls ontop of the small screens. The last RE game I played was 4 on the Gamecube and that was years ago so this is all new to me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Try finding the stretch option on your TV.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

@Ducksworth: Yeah, you'll definitely get used to it. That goes for everything, it's a pretty great game. Since it seems you don't really have any expectations going in, I can save my time and not talk about whether it'd be disappointing or not.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

@believer258: That would just make it worse, plus some TV's when using HDMI can't even be configured in that way.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That very thing stopped me from playing the game split screen. Just too small.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Freshbandito

With a big enough tv the splitscreen isn't an issue, this is your excuse to go and buy that bigger tv you've been looking at, I'll cover for you, go on.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

@NTM said:

@believer258: That would just make it worse, plus some TV's when using HDMI can't even be configured in that way.

I lowered the resolution on my Xbox and then stretched the screen and it wasn't so bad, and I was using HDMI.

Whatever. I do not see the purpose of including improper split screen. If you're going to split the screen, do it good and proper! (and horizontally, none of this vertical bullshit.)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

@believer258: No, I said some TV's. Also, you've probably noticed, but around the same time, and maybe even still, the way RE5 did the split-screen, other games did it too. I don't know why.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.