Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

I am living in bizzaro world

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

I cant believe this game got the scores that it did around the web.
    It is a horrible.

I ll save the details and sum it in one word, awkward.
    I am not just talking about the freaking shooting mechanics either.
    The way every thing is placed. The strange rate of the circulation of enemies.
    It is a terrible game.
    If anything it is a step backwards for the resident evil franchise.
    RE 4 ran so smoothly. This is feels like a big clunk.
    Oh, and it also has some of the worst, ground, rock and water textures and effects I have ever scene in a game since the n64 era.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

The demo I played was good but I know, 5 stars surpised me at Giantbomb, I thought 3 or maybe 4

Not being able to shoot while aiming is just retarded, It worked great in Dead Space so why not in RE5? Im still gonna get RE5 sometime but when its cheaper

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By strangeling

Uhm, I'm not sure what you're on about.

If you have a problem with the textures, I'm going to ask what kind of set-up you're playing it on, because they look pretty damn good to me.
    It is far from being a horrible game, but there are some things I agree can be awkward.  Overall, I have no problem playing the way it controls, but Chris cannot turn tight corners smoothly.  It is awkward that the best way to "turn" while running is to use the 180 sometimes, 'cause it's either that or stop and pivot in place.

Five Stars from Giant Bomb does not surprise me.  That means it's very easy to recommend.  It is, after all, a high-profile franchise that looks great and plays well.
    I think I would rate Resident Evil 5 at $35-$40 out of $60.  But I've only played through the main story non co-op and just begun Mercenaries.
    thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thiago

I agree with you, the reviews, not only on GiantBomb but all around the web, were deceiving. This game is not even mediocre. Giving it 3 stars would be too much.

I was never a hardcore Resident Evil fan, but even those who liked Resident Evil 4 and were expecting just a "RE 4.5 HD remix" with nothing new will be disappointed. They changed a lot of things and made it a very crappy experience.

The zombies now have self-preservation instinct! Haha. They take cover and use helmets and armors. Hahahahaha.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Maybe you should write a full review.  From your perspective, you might save a reader some time and money.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Snipzor

Take off your rose coloured classes when looking at RE4 and we'll talk.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By BigBoss1911

I only played the demo but  I was very dissapointed.I thought from the first trailer RE5 this game going to better than 4.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Hi, you have something called an opinion. It (despite what you might think) is not the same as a fact.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thiago
    thiago said:
    "The zombies now have self-preservation instinct! Haha. They take cover and use helmets and armors. Hahahahaha. "
    It has just occurred me that the zombies might not want to get mortally wounded, so they were protecting their vital parts like chest, head, etc. Haha. RE 5 is a joke.
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ninjakiller

I put down a $5 deposit but won't be picking it up anytime soon.  Adam Sessler called the game frustrating and I tend to agree with his reviews.  I'll just wait a couple of years and snatch it up for $20. 

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am enjoying the game very much and I don't mind the controls but the one thing that is pissing me off is the inventory. Goddammit is it frustrating. Why can't I pick up a red herb when I have a full inventory but a green herb is just waiting there? Why can't they automatically combine? It is extremely stupid and its the biggest design flaw in the game, on my opinion.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daz0608

Maybe you are living in bizzaro world and we're playing different games, because I think the game's great.

Stoping to shoot isn't really a problem at all in this game because the people your playing against can't run and gun, even though Sheva isn't perfect she is still one of the best A.I. partners in an action video game, i can't think of many ones that are better. Also there is loads of replayabilty, I've completed it 3 times now and I still want to unlock stuff. And no it may not be better than RE 4, but then again there aren't many games that are.

But each to their own I guess
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By suneku

It's clunky because of Chris' HGH. But whatever, it didn't really bother me that much. After about 20 minutes of getting used to it, it felt natural to me. I personally didn't see anything wrong with the pacing or the circulation of enemies. Guess everyone has different opinions, which includes game reviewers.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thiago
    Daz0608 said:
    "Maybe you are living in bizzaro world and we're playing different games, because I think the game's great.

Stoping to shoot isn't really a problem at all in this game because the people your playing against can't run and gun, even though Sheva isn't perfect she is still one of the best A.I. partners in an action video game, i can't think of many ones that are better. Also there is loads of replayabilty, I've completed it 3 times now and I still want to unlock stuff. And no it may not be better than RE 4, but then again there aren't many games that are.

"

Unlockables are like carrots at the end of the stick for guiding donkeys. Unlockables does not make a game great.

I am sick and tired of paying for games and having to do stupid things to "unlock" some feature I PAID FOR! I paid for it then I want it! This trend is terrible for games.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_
    thiago said:
    "Daz0608 said:
    "Maybe you are living in bizzaro world and we're playing different games, because I think the game's great.

"
    Unlockables are like carrots at the end of the stick for guiding donkeys. Unlockables does not make a game great.I am sick and tired of paying for games and having to do stupid things to "unlock" some feature I PAID FOR! I paid for it then I want it! This trend is terrible for games."
    Your precious Killzone 2 makes you unlock the multiplayer classes.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pause422
    Jayge said:
    "thiago said:
    "Daz0608 said:

"
    Unlockables are like carrots at the end of the stick for guiding donkeys. Unlockables does not make a game great.I am sick and tired of paying for games and having to do stupid things to "unlock" some feature I PAID FOR! I paid for it then I want it! This trend is terrible for games."
    Your precious Killzone 2 makes you unlock the multiplayer classes.
    "
    yeah, and its pretty fucking stupid it does that. Anyway, I think enjoying RE5 comes down to the fact that you need to be able to accept its nothing more than RE4 with co-op, and done this many years later the controls will feel dated. If you can't accept that it will feel like garbage. I gameflied it and played it like twice then never touched it again so...
    thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thiago

Not in the single player, and in the multiplayer it happens automatically as you play the games, you don't need to "work" for it. I already have a job, I don't need another one.

As for Resident Evil 5, the game FORCES you to run and gun. After some point you can't stay in the same place for too long because ZOMBIES HAVE GRENADES! Haha. Yes, they have grenades and rocket launchers, which means that you will have to be constanly moving to avoid getting killed. I have no words to describe how painful and agonizing the last levels were.

The most accurate review I found was this one: http://g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/1944/Resident-Evil-5-Review.html

Unfortunately this game got good reviews only because it is from Capcom and it is Resident Evil. And suckers such as myself bought it. If it was a new IP from an unknown company then it would get hammered.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By Icemael
    thiago said:
    "If it was a new IP from an unknown company then it would get hammered."
    This is so true. If it wasn't called Resident Evil 5, the people who now defend it would bash it to death.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By OmegaPirate

Oh thiago, your rage rejuvanates my youth -please continue

BenjaminP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BenjaminP

I thought it was ok at best. I beat it a few days after I bought it and moved on to other games, I tried to go back and finish veteran today and cant find the will. I should have rented this, I think it scored so high due to hype and the brand name. The game feels dated, plain and simple.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Systech

This forum post is putting me in a bizzaro world right now. To be honest, no one should care if a game gets good reviews or not. All that matters is if you enjoyed it or didn't.

JimmySilent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JimmySilent

If it wasnt meant to be in the Resident Evil series it would be an awesome game.. . But this is shitty for a Resident Evil game.. Its too actiony for Resident Evil. I dunno what your talking about with the water effects though.. They look fine to me.. And im not even playing HD..

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By toowalrus

This game was awesome. Seriously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.