Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

I Played RE5...and I Think You Might Be Surprised...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Edited By jakob187

I've been a fan of the Resident Evil franchise for years.  I remember the first time I plugged in Resident Evil on my Sega Saturn and couldn't save the game because the "memory cards" (read: Genesis-like cartridges) wouldn't save my data for some reason.  The many nights of staying up for hours on end just to beat the game led to speed-running it with little to no problem.  Resident Evil 2 led to the same thing, with me and an old friend trading off speed-runs.  Resident Evil 3 was alright, but the split story didn't really sit well with me.  Resident Evil 4 was a bit of perfection, as it revamped everything I hated about the previous games after a while (fixed camera angles for a fixed over-the-shoulder camera, slow-moving unintelligent zombies that can be mostly avoided for faster-moving, limb-specific-damage, intelligent zombies, and a weapon upgrade system done by a humorous dood with a crazy memorable voice).  When I ran BonusStage, and RE4 came out on GameCube, it was the only game we EVER gave a perfect score.  It was too good to be true.

Fast-forward to the RE5 launch.  My roommate's b/f picked it up (as he works at Blockbuster, so he didn't have to pay for it).  I sat back and watched him and a buddy play the co-op.  Boredom ensued.  I couldn't get into it.  So many of the things that I had heard promised didn't seem to exist:
    • Heat exhaustion
    • Faster zombies
    • More limb-specific damage than RE4

It seemed like it was just RE4 with a clumsy co-op mode.  I mean, I understand how ridiculous the idea of spraying a fatal wound with an aerosol can to heal a person up can be.  I accept that.  However, I don't really want to SEE that.  It's goofy as Hell and takes me out of the world.

...but this was all based on WATCHING the game.  Once I got my hands on a controller...I realized that the co-op was worse than that.

Maybe it was the lack of logic in my co-op partner (human AI, not computer AI mind you).  I felt like more time was spent having to GIVE somebody help that there was less focus on...ya know...playing the game!  I felt the survival aspect, as 9 slots is a bit small to fit stuff in.  The weapon upgrade system is nicer, although I miss hearing "Whata ya buyin?" and "Whata ya sellin?".  Much of the stuff I could complain about is merely small opinion and minor aesthetic changes.

The big problem I have with RE5 is this:  it's B-O-R-I-N-G!  Redfield and Sheva, again, spend more time feeling each other up with herbs (pronounced her-bs because it has a fucking H), exchanging phone numbers that they've engraved into their ammunition, and smashing melons that once you get to the zombies...they are just too simple.  A shotgun blast or two for the doggies, some leg shots for the zombies, and then deal with the mutations if they pop up.  Everything in this game is so slow-paced, and the only time I ever felt like I was "surviving" was when a BIG dood showed up and started chasing me with a chainsaw.  Even then, I could just corner myself in an alley while my buddy pulled him around, then we start spamming 'nades.

The controls are a bit wonky from what they were in RE4, but I understood from much reading that the controls weren't too amazing.  They serve their purpose and do what needs to be done.  I'm glad that I at least have to stand at the ready with my weapon and shoot, but with the zombies taking so damn long to feel like a threat, it doesn't make much of a difference.

I have to yet to have an incredible experience in this game.  Maybe I just need to play longer.  I've already gotten to the motorcycle context-sensitive cutscene.  Does it get better after that?

Anyways, hope everyone else is enjoying it.  Have some enjoyment for me as well.

P.S. - I got the rest of my ink done yesterday on my arm.  I'll probably have pictures up in a day or two.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jakob187

I've been a fan of the Resident Evil franchise for years.  I remember the first time I plugged in Resident Evil on my Sega Saturn and couldn't save the game because the "memory cards" (read: Genesis-like cartridges) wouldn't save my data for some reason.  The many nights of staying up for hours on end just to beat the game led to speed-running it with little to no problem.  Resident Evil 2 led to the same thing, with me and an old friend trading off speed-runs.  Resident Evil 3 was alright, but the split story didn't really sit well with me.  Resident Evil 4 was a bit of perfection, as it revamped everything I hated about the previous games after a while (fixed camera angles for a fixed over-the-shoulder camera, slow-moving unintelligent zombies that can be mostly avoided for faster-moving, limb-specific-damage, intelligent zombies, and a weapon upgrade system done by a humorous dood with a crazy memorable voice).  When I ran BonusStage, and RE4 came out on GameCube, it was the only game we EVER gave a perfect score.  It was too good to be true.

Fast-forward to the RE5 launch.  My roommate's b/f picked it up (as he works at Blockbuster, so he didn't have to pay for it).  I sat back and watched him and a buddy play the co-op.  Boredom ensued.  I couldn't get into it.  So many of the things that I had heard promised didn't seem to exist:
    • Heat exhaustion
    • Faster zombies
    • More limb-specific damage than RE4

It seemed like it was just RE4 with a clumsy co-op mode.  I mean, I understand how ridiculous the idea of spraying a fatal wound with an aerosol can to heal a person up can be.  I accept that.  However, I don't really want to SEE that.  It's goofy as Hell and takes me out of the world.

...but this was all based on WATCHING the game.  Once I got my hands on a controller...I realized that the co-op was worse than that.

Maybe it was the lack of logic in my co-op partner (human AI, not computer AI mind you).  I felt like more time was spent having to GIVE somebody help that there was less focus on...ya know...playing the game!  I felt the survival aspect, as 9 slots is a bit small to fit stuff in.  The weapon upgrade system is nicer, although I miss hearing "Whata ya buyin?" and "Whata ya sellin?".  Much of the stuff I could complain about is merely small opinion and minor aesthetic changes.

The big problem I have with RE5 is this:  it's B-O-R-I-N-G!  Redfield and Sheva, again, spend more time feeling each other up with herbs (pronounced her-bs because it has a fucking H), exchanging phone numbers that they've engraved into their ammunition, and smashing melons that once you get to the zombies...they are just too simple.  A shotgun blast or two for the doggies, some leg shots for the zombies, and then deal with the mutations if they pop up.  Everything in this game is so slow-paced, and the only time I ever felt like I was "surviving" was when a BIG dood showed up and started chasing me with a chainsaw.  Even then, I could just corner myself in an alley while my buddy pulled him around, then we start spamming 'nades.

The controls are a bit wonky from what they were in RE4, but I understood from much reading that the controls weren't too amazing.  They serve their purpose and do what needs to be done.  I'm glad that I at least have to stand at the ready with my weapon and shoot, but with the zombies taking so damn long to feel like a threat, it doesn't make much of a difference.

I have to yet to have an incredible experience in this game.  Maybe I just need to play longer.  I've already gotten to the motorcycle context-sensitive cutscene.  Does it get better after that?

Anyways, hope everyone else is enjoying it.  Have some enjoyment for me as well.

P.S. - I got the rest of my ink done yesterday on my arm.  I'll probably have pictures up in a day or two.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I've already resigned myself to not being able to play it. I played the Wii Version of RE4 before any version, so I am flatout terrible with the normal pad.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "I've already resigned myself to not being able to play it. I played the Wii Version of RE4 before any version, so I am flatout terrible with the normal pad."
    I see what you mean. Analog sticks can be such tricky things to use.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "I've already resigned myself to not being able to play it. I played the Wii Version of RE4 before any version, so I am flatout terrible with the normal pad."
    I see what you mean. Analog sticks can be such tricky things to use."
    Dood, the Wii version of RE4 is so fucking awesome, it's kind of difficult to go back to the mediocrity of a control pad.  That's not me trying to be a Wii-lover (that sounds so wrong), but it's seriously the best version of the game that's out there.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    Nah, I'm sure I'd be fine if I played with it first, and I could probably get into it with time, but I can just hear myself going, "Why aren't I turning faster? WHY IS CHRIS SO SLOW!?!"

I circumvent this frustration by saying that I just can't play the game. But nice try.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kratos81

IM not very far chapter 2 and I have found it boring as well. It seems to take me a while to get into games these days so I figured it was just me. If this was a launch title I would be amazed, but I am over pretty graphics and it takes more then that to impress me these days.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jakob187
    Kratos81 said:
    "IM not very far chapter 2 and I have found it boring as well. It seems to take me a while to get into games these days so I figured it was just me. If this was a launch title I would be amazed, but I am over pretty graphics and it takes more then that to impress me these days."
    Dood, honestly...the graphics ain't that pretty.  Given what today's standards are, I'm less than impressed with the game in motion.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kratos81
    jakob187 said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "IM not very far chapter 2 and I have found it boring as well. It seems to take me a while to get into games these days so I figured it was just me. If this was a launch title I would be amazed, but I am over pretty graphics and it takes more then that to impress me these days."
    Dood, honestly...the graphics ain't that pretty.  Given what today's standards are, I'm less than impressed with the game in motion.
    "
    For a console game it looks great, I dont know if you are comparing it to pc games. I would say its one of the best looking console games this gen.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
    jakob187 said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    Dood, the Wii version of RE4 is so fucking awesome, it's kind of difficult to go back to the mediocrity of a control pad.  That's not me trying to be a Wii-lover (that sounds so wrong), but it's seriously the best version of the game that's out there.
    "
    I felt it made the game far too easy. Just became a bit too much like a lightgun game than a tense shooter.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By get2sammyb

I think I'm the only one that's really enjoying it. It's archaic in every sense of the word but -- I don't really care. I was late to the party with RE4 and, in all honesty, I'm happy to accept a prettier version of the same game.

So thank you Capcom, I'm enjoying this very much.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187
    Kratos81 said:
    "For a console game it looks great, I dont know if you are comparing it to pc games. I would say its one of the best looking console games this gen."
    I'm solely comparing it to current-gen console games.  I look at Bioshock, Gears of War, Fallout 3, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, even Call of Duty 4 or W@W and I see massively better graphics in those games.  By the way, when I say Gears of War...I mean the first one!  This game looks like nothing more than Resident Evil 4 with some higher-res textures applied and a glossy overcoat.  Maybe that's just me.  I'm just disappointed by it so far.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    HandsomeDead said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "
    I felt it made the game far too easy. Just became a bit too much like a lightgun game than a tense shooter."
    Sure, I bet it made the game a pretty large bit easier, but it was still fun as hell, and that's what counts. It may not have necessarily been the scariest version of RE4, but I can guarantee it was the most fun.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jakob187
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Sure, I bet it made the game a pretty large bit easier, but it was still fun as hell, and that's what counts. It may not have necessarily been the scariest version of RE4, but I can guarantee it was the most fun."
    It also happened to reward me with LESS ammo because of the easier accuracy due to awesome controls, so I was using my knife a bit more...which was nice to see in the game.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    jakob187 said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Sure, I bet it made the game a pretty large bit easier, but it was still fun as hell, and that's what counts. It may not have necessarily been the scariest version of RE4, but I can guarantee it was the most fun."
    It also happened to reward me with LESS ammo because of the easier accuracy due to awesome controls, so I was using my knife a bit more...which was nice to see in the game.
    "
    I wouldn't know, because I only played the Wii version, but limiting ammo does seem like something they'd do.
    GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By GioVANNI

Yeah, it's not mediocre by any means, but it's just not that fun.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

played it, hated it. trust me, it does not get better as the game progresses. if anything, it gets even more boring. the boss fights are lame and they're very easy to take down, not even a challenge. i don't know if it will happen to you, but the AI seems like it gets dummer and dummer as the game goes on. the bitch hold me back because she won't keep up with me, i have to hammer on my command button for her to get to where i'm at. oh god, and the command voice-over is so bad and soo repetitive, "c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, thats all he says. and when she can't go she'll be like, "no way", or "you gotta be kidding me"....god, it was so fucking annoying. and don't get me started with the controls...but i think you already know about that.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

see im actually the exact opposite. I never really liked any of the other Resident Evil games and I wasn't even a huge fan of 4 but after playing the demo and now being on the 3rd mission or so, I really like RE5. I think its fun as hell. Sure it's not scary, and to most die-hard RE fan's, its NOT an RE game but as an action game, I really enjoy it. Like with most games, I guess it just comes down to personal taste

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
    TheWorstPlayerEver said:
    "see im actually the exact opposite. I never really liked any of the other Resident Evil games and I wasn't even a huge fan of 4 but after playing the demo and now being on the 3rd mission or so, I really like RE5. I think its fun as hell. Sure it's not scary, and to most die-hard RE fan's, its NOT an RE game but as an action game, I really enjoy it. Like with most games, I guess it just comes down to personal taste"
    The thing is that is holds enough of the things from RE4 that keep it familiar with the "canon", so to speak.  However, THE ZOMBIES ARE WORTHLESS!!!  It's almost like a DE-evolution in the gameplay.  I want to be scared SHITLESS by an RE game...and this just is NOT doing it.

Let me put it another way:  this game isn't Dead Space...and that's a sad sad thing.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac

This thread makes me sad that I lent my cousin RE4 Wii.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

jakob187 said:
    "TheWorstPlayerEver said:
    "see im actually the exact opposite. I never really liked any of the other Resident Evil games and I wasn't even a huge fan of 4 but after playing the demo and now being on the 3rd mission or so, I really like RE5. I think its fun as hell. Sure it's not scary, and to most die-hard RE fan's, its NOT an RE game but as an action game, I really enjoy it. Like with most games, I guess it just comes down to personal taste"
    The thing is that is holds enough of the things from RE4 that keep it familiar with the "canon", so to speak.  However, THE ZOMBIES ARE WORTHLESS!!!  It's almost like a DE-evolution in the gameplay.  I want to be scared SHITLESS by an RE game...and this just is NOT doing it.

Let me put it another way:  this game isn't Dead Space...and that's a sad sad thing.
    "

Yeah I would definately not classify this game as a survival-horror game. Dead Space didn't scare me either though and Im glad that it's not Dead Space because then I think it would take away from the impact that Dead Space had on the genre
    lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lamegame621

I really didn't like Dead Space. The enemies were boring to me. Maybe I won't like this either, but I'm going to get it regardless, because it's RE and i must have it.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Cube

I have never really been an RE fan. I'm passing.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jakob187
    lamegame621 said:
    "I really didn't like Dead Space. The enemies were boring to me. Maybe I won't like this either, but I'm going to get it regardless, because it's RE and i must have it."
    See, I'm the opposite.  I thought Dead Space had well-designed enemies that showed a good level of difficulty and a solid gameplay setup when compared to RE5, which feels clunky as Hell when put side-by-side to it.
    ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShadowKiller

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get into it considering how many hours I put into that game today (And to my luck I was the only person within miles who got a copy without preordering). I never played any of the originals, just RE4 for the Wii so that might have something to do with why I think this is a great game.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    get2sammyb said:
    "I think I'm the only one that's really enjoying it.
    H No , same here . Loved this game
    Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Randolph
    jakob187 said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "
    Amen.  I mean, honestly, outside of the cut scenes, the graphics are merely average.  We have DOZENS of 360/PS3 games that look just as good, if not better, than RE5.  Not helped by the fact that the overall level design is just significantly worse in RE5 as compared to RE4. (It really reminds me of how we went from lush and organic Talon 4 in Metroid Prime, to lame light dark shit world in MP2) So the graphics can't keep me from realizing that I'm just playing RE4 again, except now Ashley has a gun and does not just stay behind me and duck when I aim at her like a good little useless idiot.  This game is just a big fat disappointment after RE4.  God, I miss Shinji Mikami.
    daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By daz0608
    get2sammyb said:
    "I think I'm the only one that's really enjoying it. It's archaic in every sense of the word but -- I don't really care. I was late to the party with RE4 and, in all honesty, I'm happy to accept a prettier version of the same game.So thank you Capcom, I'm enjoying this very much."
    I'm in the exact same boat, I literary finished RE 4 on the Wii yesterday as my copy of RE 5 fell though the post, and these two are the only Resident Evil games I have played and I am loving RE 5 so far I'm only about half way though.
    makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By makari
    jakob187 said:
    "
     I mean, I understand how ridiculous the idea of spraying a fatal wound with an aerosol can to heal a person up can be.  I accept that.  However, I don't really want to SEE that.  It's goofy as Hell and takes me out of the world.
    "
    IMO, something that goofy can't really take you out of such a goofy world. It's so very B it hurts, like pretty much every game in the series, and it fits in it's own way :P

I do agree there's some degree of disappointment, though, but that's too be expected with such lofty expectations. It's not so much that it's flat out boring to me personally, but there is a lingering sense of deja vu throughout what I've been playing so far, but tbh that's no different from playing a sequal to any game franchise that doesn't completely shake up the previous formula and still remain enjoyable (hello Zelda franchise). As a sequal to RE4, it does well enough, since the games are very similar, and both play perfectly well, if a less dynamic than some recent games. Pretty much the same tactics work in both games, so there's a sense of 'been there, done that'. It's a slow-paced, methodical game in a current gaming arena that is generally becoming faster paced. In other words, it's a Resident Evil game. It is what it is, and it stands painfully alone, but it's not a bad game so far by any stretch. I'm only up to chapter 3, though, and haven't played it on co-op yet.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By get2sammyb

Are we all playing different games? Would you really use "boring" to describe it? "Old fashioned", yes. "Archaic", yes. "Unoriginal", yes. But boring? It's pretty action-packed, there's always something exploding, some reason to keep moving -- what do you mean, "boring"?

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kratos81
    get2sammyb said:
    "Are we all playing different games? Would you really use "boring" to describe it? "Old fashioned", yes. "Archaic", yes. "Unoriginal", yes. But boring? It's pretty action-packed, there's always something exploding, some reason to keep moving -- what do you mean, "boring"?"
    Boring as in, I feel like I am just going trough the motions, instead of having fun. It takes me a while to get into games so I will give it time. 
    Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shazam

The game is alright but that's about it. It doesn't bring anything new to the table and that is what I was expecting Capcom to do. Passable game and I will pick it up but it's basically a carbon copy of RE4.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jakob187

Makari, here's my biggest problem with RE5:  it isn't Dead Space.

That's the conclusion I have ultimately come to.  Dead Space is exactly what I wanted.  There are enough elements of survival in that game that is retains a survival-horror sense, but it had excellent controls, great sound, amazingly stylish graphics, great use of HUD, streamlined ways of taking care of your "survival needs"...

Essentially, it has everything that RE5 doesn't.  RE5 feels very clumsily built.  It doesn't feel as tight as Dead Space, it doesn't feel as responsive, it doesn't feel as tense, it doesn't feel as exciting...

...it just doesn't feel the way I remember the other ones feeling when I played them.  I think Dead Space just seriously ruined RE for me.  They don't do much different, but Dead Space just felt better.

Maybe that's what the problem is for a lot of people.  I don't honestly know.
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zityz

Resident evil 5 was the first resident evil that I have no intention to purchase at any point in time. I may eventually pick it up but as of right now I could care less. That, and I bought Madworld which I'm having a lot of fun with right now.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Diamond

First off, on a good HDTV, the game looks AMAZING.  Up there with Killzone 2 and well, NO OTHER GAMES (360 version, PS3 version looks considerably worse).  Easily one of the 5 best looking games on all platforms right now.

That said, I agree the gameplay isn't amazing.  It's not boring to me, but it's not really great either.  I'm a bit over 'meh' because 'meh' to me is boring, this is just alright playing.

Sheva AI can be incredibly bad, but I feel up to late chapter 5 that she's been mostly manageable.  She has died 2 or 3 times that were totally not my fault, and taken some damage she shouldn't have.  One additional fault I'll point out is she doesn't use the better weapons I give her because I gave her the pistol.  Only if she completely runs out of pistol ammo (which is rarely) will she ever pull out one of the other weapons I gave her.  At least during boss fights she should pull out that machine gun or shotgun I gave her!  She's pretty smart with health and I'll usually give her one or two recovery items because she can use them at more critical moments than I can and she doesn't waste them (just don't give her regular green herbs unless you want her to use them).

I think the gameplay is hurt by it being more linear feeling than RE4, and not requiring you to do as many clever things like shooting dynamite or shooting blades thrown at you as much as RE4 did.  Now I never felt like playing RE4 through for a second time either, but overall I'm having mild fun with RE5.  I do feel like RE5 will have much more replay for me because it seems like you can pop into any chapter and find the stuff you missed.  I look forward to unlocking Mercs mode as well.  The cutscenes are a bit disappointing to me because they're 95% action and very little story at all.

I think the coop thing is dumb and I wish coop was stripped from ALL future games no matter what.  I also hope all games become single player only and the internet is shut down for good.  I hope RE6 takes place in a mansion or city and has no online features and gives you that feeling of lonelyness back and is less linear.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jakob187
    Diamond said:
    "has no online features and gives you that feeling of lonelyness back and is less linear."
    I can absolutely agree with that.  There's something about the solitude in previous games that made them more enjoyable to me.  Even with the pseudo-Ico "follow me around" mechanic of RE4, I still felt alone enough to make it matter.  Co-op just hurts the hell out of RE5 for me.  Now, instead of having that tension build up...all I can hear is "man, you have any herbs" or "man, I'm running low on shotgun ammo"...and you keep thinking to yourself "that's because you suck at shooting stuff correctly".

Again, I've played VERY little in single player.  From what I did play...Sheva is worthless.  I don't even think she'd make a competent hooker, let alone a fucking savior for Africa's infestation of "zombies" and "mutations".  There have been plenty of times where I wished I could kill her and NOT fail the missions!!!  Fucking draggin' me down, man...

Graphics?  Dood, I'm playin these things on good HDTVs, and it looks subpar compared to other games.  Granted, it looks better than at least 80% of the games out...but there are still games that shine far above it in many areas.  Then again, I guess that's a subjective thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.