Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

If it were on Wii.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

There's a good deal of people out there who say that RE5 is a major disappointment in the fields of control, as well as other things. If it were on Wii, what do you think it would be like? Would it admittedly be better due to more streamlined controls fitting the action sense, as well as Sheva being absent due to the Wii not being able to handle her, erh . . . advanced AI, or worse due to poor graphics and fewer zombies?

What yall reckon?
    teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By teptom

It would be an on-rails shooter.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

No Sheva + Wii controls = awesome(though no co-op would be a shame). And poor graphics isn't a problem - as long as it looks at least as good as RE4, it looks good enough.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By zityz

It would be Resident evil 4 with Local co-op and enhanced RE4 visuals and Wii style controls.

Basically it would be Resident Evil 4:Wii edition:Chris Redfield Edition.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

It'd be really different.  If they actually took the time to remake the game while still being a hardcore game instead of what they did to say, Dead Rising, it might be considered better by some and worse by others.  Sheva wouldn't be in the game due to poor net support and making the game split screen-able on Wii would just degrade performance / fidelity too much.  That alone would make some people happy and others not.

Personally I prefer playing shooting / aiming games (except pointer games like World of Goo) on a gamepad over Wiimote, but some people don't feel that way.  Personally I'd miss the fildelity of the game (graphics and physics) too much as well.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By dsplayer1010

My guess is that it would be like Resident Evil 4 in terms of number of zombies and graphics, and Sheva still there.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead

Less enemies, low-res textures, lower polygon count on everything, smaller environments, relatvely skill less gameplay, no co-op, somehow even worse AI and praise from all corners for pushing forward the innovation barriers of gaming.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Icemael
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Less enemies, low-res textures, lower polygon count on everything, smaller environments, relatvely skill less gameplay, no co-op, somehow even worse AI and praise from all corners for pushing forward the innovation barriers of gaming."
    Why do you think it would get praise for innovation? I can see it getting a shitload of praise for being awesome, but it wouldn't get any for innovation.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Icemael said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Less enemies, low-res textures, lower polygon count on everything, smaller environments, relatvely skill less gameplay, no co-op, somehow even worse AI and praise from all corners for pushing forward the innovation barriers of gaming."
    Why do you think it would get praise for innovation? I can see it getting a shitload of praise for being awesome, but it wouldn't get any for innovation.
    "
    It's on the Wii, bro. Don't you know pointing at the screen is the future?
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Karmum
    HandsomeDead said:
    I could see it having co-op, but probably not online co-op.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Karmum said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    I could see it having co-op, but probably not online co-op."
    But how? Split screen would make the aiming incredibly difficult.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Karmum
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Karmum said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    I could see it having co-op, but probably not online co-op."
    But how? Split screen would make the aiming incredibly difficult."
    Yeah, I didn't think about that. That would probably make it shitty, unless they had one controller-configuration set to a classic-controller.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Icemael
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Icemael said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "
    It's on the Wii, bro. Don't you know pointing at the screen is the future?"
    But it would be just the same as RE4 Wii Edition. While that's awesome, nobody with half a brain could claim that something that has been done 2 years ago is innovative.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Icemael said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Icemael said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "
    It's on the Wii, bro. Don't you know pointing at the screen is the future?"
    But it would be just the same as RE4 Wii Edition. While that's awesome, nobody with half a brain could claim that something that has been done 2 years ago is innovative.
    "
    That's the joke, but never mind.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Milkman

Capcom did a fantastic job with the Wii port of Resident Evil 4.  But do I think they could do the same thing with Resident Evil 5? No. The game would be completely stripped down. The only reason the Resident Evil 4 port was so good was because it was a last-gen game that the Wii could actually handle.

And why the hell would you take out Sheva? The co-op is the best thing Resident Evil 5 has going for it. 
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fenixrevolution

If it keeps RE 4s Wii controls (why wouldn't it) I would definitely buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.