Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Is RE5 Gold edition is worth it?

korinsama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By korinsama

I was looking for a good co-op game for me and my bf so i was about to buy RE5 ($35) but noticed they released the gold edition for $50, do you think the few add-ons included are worth it? i quickly read that they were so-so but maybe for $15 its a good investment?  Any opinions?
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I bought the Gold edition for $45 US but I haven't even played it yet, so I don't know if it is worth it from personal experience. Any examples of other co-op games you play with him? That would help with possible alternative suggestions.

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mugugipan
    @korinsama said:
    " I was looking for a good multiplayer game for me and my bf so i was about to buy RE5 ($35) but noticed they released the gold edition for $50, do you think the few add-ons included are worth it? i quickly read that they were so-so but maybe for $15 its a good investment?  Any opinions? Thanks a lot in advance! "
    RE5 is not really a great multiplayer game to be honest, even though it has co-op. You want a multiplayer game that you and your boyfriend can play, pick up gears 2, great co-op and it has a thing called horde that I think you guys will love.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Considering that both DLC packs can be bought for $5 each, you would actually be losing money if you bought Gold Edition. So unless you really want a few extra costumes it's best to just buy vanilla.

hencook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hencook

Vanilla RE=  $35. DLC = $15
    Gold = $50

Vanilla + DLC = Gold (but gold does have nicer packaging.)

So buy Vanilla, and if you decide you like the game, get the DLC. RE5 has somewhat of a high yet lukewarm response, the game isn't for everyone, and the stuff they include after you beat it, professional mode, mercenaries mode, will both last you long after the game has ended... I think the game offers a great co-op experience, one that I was able to enjoy with my low skilled girlfriend as well as with the pros online in mercenaries. But it's not for everyone!! Try first!

korinsama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By korinsama

thanks guys!
    i think i wanted to say co-op instead of multiplayer but yeah annyways, your replies helped me a lot ^^ ill just go buy vanilla, thanks again! ^_^

korinsama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By korinsama
    @Origina1Penguin said:

" I bought the Gold edition for $45 US but I haven't even played it yet, so I don't know if it is worth it from personal experience. Any examples of other co-op games you play with him? That would help with possible alternative suggestions. "

well not much actually because i normally hate 2 players games >.> but realized recently that i enjoyed co-op shooters and such so we went true some game i already had and played the co-op mode, we just finished Resistance 1, planning of getting the second one, we started gears of wars but it drives me crazy because i cant inver the X axis >.> ... and i think we finished all the good tower defense type game available on PSN/XBLA :P you can suggest games on any console.. except the wii, but preferably on PS3 or 360 because my bf hates non HD games.... (tsk! i do not approve that thinking :P)
    korinsama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By korinsama

thanks! i'll check that out ^^

Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Borderlands would be my top recommendation as well. I highly recommend Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (1st has a better campaign but 2 improves the game a lot) and Left 4 Dead (some may recommend L4D2 over the first, but I haven't played that one). Halo 3 is a good choice, but I find the co-op to have limited replay value after one go. Saints Row 2 is great for some mindless fun but it is not split-screen (you didn't mention if that's what you're looking for). Look forward to Crackdown 2 when it comes out, or just buy the first game if you can find it really cheap.

korinsama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By korinsama

i definitely go for Borderlands i think, i have Halo 3  but my bf did the co-op campaign with his brother and we lent it to his brother afterward so we can't play right now :P 

and yes we're looking for split screen games because if not, we keep arguing because the other one is not doing what we expect him to do  (hello Turtle in time reshell :P)

soooooooooo i guess my final choice will be

1.Resistance 2 (because we really enjoyed the first one)
    2. RE5
    3. Borderlands

i never played L4D, only saw someone play the first one, and as far as i love killing zombies, i'm not sure if i got something wrong but it didnt seem to have much else to do than killing waves and waves of zombies... but i might be wrong, i didn't inquire much to be honest

Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @korinsama: Nope, that's really all there is to Left 4 Dead. Not great if repetition wears you down. Look into RS: Vegas 2 though. The terrorist hunts can keep you occupied long after the co-op campaign, and the XP system carries over through everything.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @korinsama said:
    " i definitely go for Borderlands i think, i have Halo 3  but my bf did the co-op campaign with his brother and we lent it to his brother afterward so we can't play right now :P   and yes we're looking for split screen games because if not, we keep arguing because the other one is not doing what we expect him to do  (hello Turtle in time reshell :P)  soooooooooo i guess my final choice will be  1.Resistance 2 (because we really enjoyed the first one) 2. RE5 3. Borderlands  i never played L4D, only saw someone play the first one, and as far as i love killing zombies, i'm not sure if i got something wrong but it didnt seem to have much else to do than killing waves and waves of zombies... but i might be wrong, i didn't inquire much to be honest "

I think I'm gonna buy the RE5 vanilla. It's only $30 on Amazon.  DLC not necessary unless
    the achievements on the main game are easy as hell to get all of them but I bet they ain't.

Now go make me a sandwich.  haah!! :-)
    korinsama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By korinsama

i ended buying Heavy Rain, i fail :P

i have another question, is Borderlands  playable in co-op splitscreen? i read yes on some boards and no on others i'm confused, because i'm really seeking for a split-screen campaign..... 
    god my English feels terrible this morning i apologize -_-;

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fierrze
    @korinsama: Yup its Split-screen and works really well.
    korinsama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By korinsama

ok cool thanks a lot! :)
    i'm gonna get it next week ^^

purpleinsect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By purpleinsect

Definitely is! I got mine for like $12. Well worth every penny

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18  Edited By Hizang

Why did you feel the need to revive this thread, I doubt he is still considering this purchuse...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.