Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

No real differences.

drsalvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By drsalvador

A lot of people are comlaining about RE5, the fact that the combat hasn't changed much. But I can't help saying "Well, what were you expecting?"
    I mean it was a huge change from the fixed camera angle RE games to RE4, I'd be pretty pissed off if they hadn't stuck with it. I'm glad to see the third person action back, it's only there second game using this formula I'm not expecting any major changes yet.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

Did you not hear the recent announcement about the combat system? ...I am guessing your answer would be "No."

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By atejas

The funny thing is this thread was right above the one bitching about how they've 'broken' RE5 by adding the moving while shooting option.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

Only said its gonna be more "gears like" so far, or did they completely confirm movement in it? I'm just curious, people are flipping out though of course once more..just like some did with RE4's change from the originals..things have to evolve and modernize themselves, people don't seem to understand that. Everyone thinks if you can suddenly move a little bit while aiming or something its gonna break this game, I guarantee they will adjust the AI accordingly, and make it so its not a complete walk in the park..that one was of the things the lead producer said before this was confirmed. He said something like "we may possibly change the controls around, we aren't sure yet- but if we do we would change the way the Ai behaves and some other things in the game so it keeps the tension"

So honestly, people need to chill..the game will be fine.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

I wish they wouldnt say more gears like :( Gears wasnt the first game to use the m,ove and shoot/cover system 

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru

Well, firstly, I just have to say that I pretty much loved the first three Resident Evil games equally. (Not counting REMake because that is a fantastic game.) But didn't those three games pretty much play the same way? I would say they had the same controls and everything with a few changes here and there. I found nothing wrong with them.

I've said this before, but because DMC4 disappointed me so much, I lost a little bit of excitement for RE5. I just feel that maybe Capcom won't change much in the game, and for some reason, the "copy and paste" formula just won't work like it did in the past games. Of course, I will still play the game and found out if my assumptions are correct are not, so I think it's just a matter of waiting for the game to be released to see if it will actually hold up.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate
    brukaoru said:
    "Well, firstly, I just have to say that I pretty much loved the first three Resident Evil games equally. (Not counting REMake because that is a fantastic game.) But didn't those three games pretty much play the same way? I would say they had the same controls and everything with a few changes here and there. I found nothing wrong with them.

I've said this before, but because DMC4 disappointed me so much, I lost a little bit of excitement for RE5. I just feel that maybe Capcom won't change much in the game, and for some reason, the "copy and paste" formula just won't work like it did in the past games. Of course, I will still play the game and found out if my assumptions are correct are not, so I think it's just a matter of waiting for the game to be released to see if it will actually hold up."
    Agreed
    Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Tomzombie

2 things i hope they put in the game shoot while moving and some sort of cover system in fire fights.
    if they put multi player in it  they would have to fool around with and see what works and what dues not

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zityz

Wait, so they DID change it so you can run and gun?

To me, that's amazing, that was one thing that did bother me a bit in re4, they had this great game and the shooting was pretty solid, but it seamed like it needed that little...something to it, the fact you can run and gun makes me happy. Just as long as they add more dudes comming at you, and the ability for them to "Run&Gun" as well, it will even it out. At least I think anyway.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By lamegame621
    OmegaPirate said:
    "I wish they wouldnt say more gears like :( Gears wasnt the first game to use the m,ove and shoot/cover system "
    no joke. We give that game just a bit too much credit.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By guiseppe

I love RE4 and still play it every now and then, so regardless of what they do with the controls for RE5, I'll probably love it even if it's only half as good as RE4. If they do change the controls so that you can in fact "run and gun" I'm pretty sure they would adjust the AI accordingly, I mean they would have to. So while I'm hoping for some changes, I'm perfectly happy with more of the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.