Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

QTE Before Final Battle (End-Game Spoilers)

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

Alright, a friend and I found this QTE hilarious for obvious reasons. Just to specify, I'm talking about the Wesker QTE after you inject him, but before you are fighting in a volcano.

• When Wesker brings his hand up to hit Chris, it looks like a foot. You have to see it for yourself before you can understand how awkward it looks.
    • If you miss the QTE for Sheva when Chris runs for the emergency lock (?) and have to shoot at Wesker. When missed, Wesker will break Chris' neck. Looks pretty funny, especially if Safari Chris.
    • The look on Chris' face just before releasing to save Sheva. His face just does not go with his body.

Overall the final battles with Wesker were disappointing.

Some things to add...

• Do you think I should make an achievement guide?
    • If so... how should I resize the achievement pictures so that I can upload them. At the current state off of Xbox.com it'll say they are too small.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

I'm not going to lie...all my deaths for 6-3 were because the idiot I was playing with didn't know there were going to be QTEs.  We died 6 times on the first one when he puts his hand through Sheeva.  I was so pissed at that guy...

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I really liked those quick time events  . It was really exciting .

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Aurelito
    KaosAngel said:
    "I'm not going to lie...all my deaths for 6-3 were because the idiot I was playing with didn't know there were going to be QTEs.  We died 6 times on the first one when he puts his hand through Sheeva.  I was so pissed at that guy..."
    Me too, I was playing solo and died more than 10 times. eventually, I purchased one thoese Rocket Launchers to shoot him with and it worked. I never knew that there would be QTEs in that scene.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kush

I hate QTEs in general, but RE5 doesn't really overdo it. I do find them a bit annoying just because they sometimes randomly show up when I'm not really paying attention which just ends with a stupid, cheap death. I don't really like it when that happens.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Kush said:
    "I hate QTEs in general, but RE5 doesn't really overdo it. I do find them a bit annoying just because they sometimes randomly show up when I'm not really paying attention which just ends with a stupid, cheap death. I don't really like it when that happens."
    The Marshlands and that goddamned crocodile.  I hadn't died before that point.  I was so infuriated. 
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Kush said:
    "I hate QTEs in general, but RE5 doesn't really overdo it. I do find them a bit annoying just because they sometimes randomly show up when I'm not really paying attention which just ends with a stupid, cheap death. I don't really like it when that happens."
    Agreed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.