Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

RE5 save help.

manwithnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By manwithnoname

Hey, I have been playing RE5 for a couple of days now on and off and last night I just reached the oil fields. This morning I turn on my console and when I load RE5 and go to the game menu screen it doesn't say 'continue' and it would appear as if all of my progress is gone. I checked the memory and there is still a save file but it is as if the game is not reading it. Any way, if anyone has tips or suggestions please leave them down below. Thanks in advance.

P.S. If there is nothing that can be done...anyone want do some co-op? GT: AVirtuousPagan. 

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

No continue? Just go to chapter select and load up the correct chapter, I think that's 3-2. Continue as normally, pretty obvious if you ask me.

P.S. Change your avatar. You can't look like HandsomeDead's.

manwithnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By manwithnoname

Chapter select is empty, can only continue form 1-1 which sucks.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

Does it ask you to select your hard drive? Now I'm not sure, maybe you turned off your Xbox while it was saving and corrupted the file. Go check your "Memory" at the dashboard and see if you still have a RE5 save file.

manwithnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By manwithnoname

The memory is there. As for a corrupted save file, I don't know. I try to be careful ever since that happened in FarCry 2  and I did wait awhile before quitting. Argh...

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo
    manwithnoname said:
    "The memory is there. As for a corrupted save file, I don't know. I try to be careful ever since that happened in FarCry 2  and I did wait awhile before quitting. Argh..."
    I always go to the dashboard before turning off my Xbox. Just make sure it asks for your storage device when you boot up RE5. I have a feeling maybe you didn't select it so it tried to play without any progress.
    manwithnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By manwithnoname

I thought of that to, but how do you not select your only storage device? I will try one more time...

zymase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By zymase

When the game auto-loads from the start, after selecting your save location, do you get the error message "Failed to load save data?"  If so, the save file is corrupted.  You can go to the memory section of the 360 dashboard, and manually delete the save file.  This will allow any progress you make from that point to be saved, but unfortunately means starting all over again. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.