Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

RE5 weapons glitch?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

I tried upgrading the ammo capacity on one of my weapons, but after I purchased it, in the game the weapon capacity remains the same. Is this a glitch or is there something I'm missing? 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Wait, you upgraded it before buying it? I'm pretty sure it works the other way around. 

Perhaps what you did was upgrade one, and then buy a different gun. Upgrades do not carry over from one gun to another. 

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Geno
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " Wait, you upgraded it before buying it? I'm pretty sure it works the other way around.  Perhaps what you did was upgrade one, and then buy a different gun. Upgrades do not carry over from one gun to another.  "
    On the shops page, it was already in my inventory (it's just the default pistol you have from the beginning of the game). I clicked on it and there was an upgrade option. After clicking that, it gave options on what to upgrade (firepower, capacity, etc.). I upgraded the capacity from 10 to 13, confirmed, and then in the game it remains at 10. I see that the pistol is also available in the shop; do I have to buy it first then? Why would they give the option to upgrade if it doesn't do anything? :/ 
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Did you maybe give the upgraded pistol to sheva? 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " Did you maybe give the upgraded pistol to sheva?  "
    Makes sense to me. Or maybe you just straight up upgraded Sheva's. 
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Geno
    @The_Laughing_Man:  @MooseyMcMan:  

Both me and Sheva have the pistol, and I saw no option to specify which character's it was. Also, looking at Sheva's magazine, it has not been upgraded either. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.