Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Resident Evil 5 DLC Released

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Joker

I just downloaded it, although I was hesitant to because the download is 2 MB's. So paying to unlock content on content is sleazy as hell, although I still bought it just cause I am such a RE5 whore.

Will you guys be downloading it?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

K, thx.

I've already sent the disc back to gamefly, so no.

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Joker

Odd, I am getting some error while downloading. It gets to 1 percent and it says that the download couldn't finish. How did they mess up an unlock code? D:

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By the8bitNacho
    TheSmilingDude said:
    "Joker said:
    "I just downloaded it, although I was hesitant to because the download is 2 MB's. So paying to unlock content on content is sleazy as hell, although I still bought it just cause I am such a RE5 whore. Will you guys be downloading it?"

Thank you for paving the way of seeing this happen more and more and more... we're all in your debt. 

That said, of course I will not be downloading this rip-off. It's why I didn't even bother to get RE5 in the first place. Unlike some people I can easily abandon franchises I feel attached to. Just like I have had to do so many times before. 

"
    You didn't get a game become of optional downloadable content?  Nice.  You're smart.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5  Edited By the8bitNacho

Not to sound like a dick (because I'm not trying to) but given how often this has been happening recently, there are going to be quite a few excellent games you're not going to be buying as time goes on.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Oni

I think it's a little more than an unlock code. The reason it's so small is because it doesn't add any new assets, it's basically a bunch of new code and front-end stuff. Unlock codes are like 128k.

Also RE5 is already tremendous value without this, so I don't know what you naysayers are on about..

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By suneku

Yeah the game is already good for it's value. I still won't be buying this, but I've already gotten my moneys worth with RE5.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By EpicSteve

hmm. I'm very tempted.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#9  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    Oni said:
    "I think it's a little more than an unlock code. The reason it's so small is because it doesn't add any new assets, it's basically a bunch of new code and front-end stuff. Unlock codes are like 128k.

Also RE5 is already tremendous value without this, so I don't know what you naysayers are on about.."
    I think all of you should grow a brain like this guy.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "I think all of you should grow a brain like this guy."
    It's too late. They would have had to have come to this thread when they were just born and still growing a brain. Unfortunately, they'll be little idiotic dips the rest of their life. Long live RE5!

(My comment is directed at people who think this game sucks, or that this DLC is sleezy. It's optional, and honestly not necessary. I'll be buying it because I like achievements...)
    cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cloneslayer
    TheSmilingDude said:
    "Kombat said:

You didn't get a game become of optional downloadable content?  Nice.  You're smart."

I didn't get the game because I don't support douchebag developers. And it's not downloadable content, the content is allready on disc, it's a downloadable unlock code. And any developer using that crap can count on me not buying their games. If I knew before hand that it was the exact same with Castle Crashers, I wouldn't have gotten it either. This is capitalism, you vote with your money. Buy RE5 and keep the douchebags in business.

"
    Capcom is a great developer. Just because they do one bad thing doesn't make them doughbags. The content already on the disc was worth $60 and ya it sucks the other stuff was on there already but I'm not going to get it because I support RE5 and Capcom, not the crappy DLC payment plan.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#13  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    Vinchenzo said:
    "It's too late. They would have had to have come to this thread when they were just born and still growing a brain. Unfortunately, they'll be little idiotic dips the rest of their life. Long live RE5!

(My comment is directed at people who think this game sucks, or that this DLC is sleezy. It's optional, and honestly not necessary. I'll be buying it because I like achievements...)"
    Well, sans the name calling, I agree. Anyway, I'll be picking this up later today because I like trophies (I have the PS3 version).
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oni said:
    "I think it's a little more than an unlock code. The reason it's so small is because it doesn't add any new assets, it's basically a bunch of new code and front-end stuff. Unlock codes are like 128k.Also RE5 is already tremendous value without this, so I don't know what you naysayers are on about.."
    This.

Also, because it wasn't originally on-disc, I don't feel like there's something they implemented that I never use.  Instead, I play the hell out of the campaign and Mercenaries, so with this added Versus mode (which I'm on the fence about, personally), it seems logical to add it as a download and not some shoe-horned multiplayer mode.

Basically, it prevents us from being able to say it feels "tacked on," because it literally was tacked on, so we can't use that as a criticism against the game.  Haha.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#15  Edited By gla55jAw

It should have been included in the game, but for 400 points I don't really care. Slayer is fun to play.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Metroid545

i got it without hesitation cause MP was what i was hoping it would come with but it isn't that great

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

honestly people should quit moaning about this dlc. it's optional after all, and RE5 had a ton of content on the disc in the first place. it is an excellent game, and if the multiplayer turns out to be fun, i'll buy it. i'm having my doubts about exactly how good it'll turn out, though.

Skywarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Skywarp
    Metroid545 said:
    "i got it without hesitation cause MP was what i was hoping it would come with but it isn't that great"

Oh its not that good cuzz?
    ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By ShadowKiller

I didn't like what I've seen so far but it's probably worth the 400 points I spent. I'll just have to spend some more time at it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#20  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I probably will give in and buy it eventually, but for now I see no reason to get a Versus mode in a game that is not made for competitive multiplayer. Call me when they put out new weapons or some sort of Separate Ways type thing.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By JJWeatherman
    Oni said:
    "I think it's a little more than an unlock code. The reason it's so small is because it doesn't add any new assets, it's basically a bunch of new code and front-end stuff. Unlock codes are like 128k.Also RE5 is already tremendous value without this, so I don't know what you naysayers are on about.."
    exactly...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.